[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reloading General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (155 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
155 KB, 1080x1080
Reloading thread.

Is this a good deal? Better option than the Frankford Arsenal Tumbler?

http://www.cabelas.com/product/lyman-turbo-sonic-174-1200-case-cleaner/2313223.uts?avad=48247_bbb7c1af&WT.mc_id=al35987&Subid1=SID&subacctid=35987&subacctname=35987&adname=Custom+Link&adtype=cl&adid=NA&utm_medium=AFF&utm_source=35987&rid=12&WT.tsrc=AFF
>>
>>30587242
been using one for 3 years. much faster than tumbling, but only cleans the cases, you cant polish them with it.
>>
i want to start loading pistol cartridges for USPSA use. what do i need? a set of resizing and reloading dies, deprimer, reprimer, powder dispenser/scale, and a press... how necessary is a tumbler?
>>
>>30587283
Is polishing a must? If I get this, what else would I need to turn my fired brass to loading ready?
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 573x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 573x960
Best place for bulk .223 69gr TMK?

500 isn't enough
>>
>>30587242
I'm not very well versed on the dry vs wet tumbling; I've done some dry though and it's worked fine.

I just realized after buying 500 175TMK 308 bullets that they don't fit in my Tikka magazine when seated to the proper depth. Not going to bitch too much as I got .5moa on my first outting with them, and this is just a for-fun paper hole puncher.
>>
>>30587242
I have a Lyman and a Frankfort vibratory and they are okay. I use one with walnut and the other with corn cob. If time isn't a big deal, then there isn't necessarily a huge impetuous to get an ultrasonic cleaner, unless you are going to use it for other things like gun parts or whatever in addition to brass.

If you load small runs as needed and find that you are frequently left waiting on the tumbler, an ultrasonic cleaner might be a good idea. My only experience is with the Harbor Freight cleaner, which is sort of okay.
>>
Would a single stage press and accompanying equipment take up more work space than a turret press?
>>
>>30587299
the case tarnish quickly and look real nasty if they are cleaned in an ultra sonic and not polished. there might be a way around this, i only tried it in my jobs ultra sonic once didn't like the tarnished cases so just kept using the vibe cleaner with corncob. never looked any more into it. i have the frankford tumbler and like it its done a lot of cases for me but i dont reload much plinking ammo.
>>
>>30587242
> http://www.harborfreight.com/25-liter-ultrasonic-cleaner-95563.html

The Hazard Fraught ultrasonic cleaner is the same cleaner as the Lyman 2500, but sold under a different name. And it's cheaper to boot. About the same price as the unit linked. Check it out before you buy the Lyman 1200.
>>
>>30588145
> the unit you linked
>>
>>30587299
polishing is not mandatory.
>>
>>30587873
A turret press has about the same footprint as a single stage press.
>>
>>30587938
I ultrasonic clean my cases with a solution of water, vinegar, and soap to get the primer pockets spotless. I then rinse them in water with sodium bicarbonate followed by a tumble in Zilla Lizard Litter to dry. I'll size them, then tumble once more to clean off the sizing lube.

If I only handle them with nitrile gloves from that point forward (charging and bullets seating), they stay clean and shiny for years in storage.
>>
Officially got my best group ever today.

One ragged hole with 5 shots from my 22-250 at 400yrds, shot offhand from the bench.

Probably should've kept the target, but I have the load data locked in now. Think I'll leave it alone.

Anyone else shooting 22-250? What powder/charge/bullet? Do you think Benchrest primers are worth it?
>>
>>30588145
>http://www.harborfreight.com/25-liter-ultrasonic-cleaner-95563.html
>>30588145
The one you posted is $30 more than then one in OP
>>
>>30588543
> about the same price

uh, I see $20 more, but compare that to what Cabela's wants for the Lyman 2500 Ultrasonic cleaner and you may see the bargain therein.
>>
>>30588684
It's $53 after coupon code
>>
>>30588830
I don't get the coupon codes
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.