[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone here have experience with the m39s that classic is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: m39.png (147 KB, 579x296) Image search: [Google]
m39.png
147 KB, 579x296
Does anyone here have experience with the m39s that classic is selling? I want a finnish mosin but reading the comments it seems like a lot have cracked stocks and other shit
>>
>>30587003
I asked the same thing a while back.

All the good ones have been sold off and the remaining ones are shit quality.

We missed the boat, senpai.
>>
Pat Burns is still auctioning off her better M39s on GunBroker. If you want one in great condition bid on those.
>>
I bought one back in December and had good luck, but that was an unissued one.
>>
I wouldn't get one unless there is at least hand select quality. Classic is a real roll of the dice.
>>
>>30587003
I got one from them a little while ago, its 1945 production so its not in very rough shape as far as the rifling goes. The stock is a little beat up from drill and training I assume. Like all M39's it is very accurate.
>>
I got a Sako about 2 months ago. It has a nice tiger stock with great rifling but a very dark bore. It was one of the first 300 made in 1941, so it's seen some shit. It shoots better than my other two Mosins, but it's not the tack driver I was expecting.

No idea what Classic is down to now, but if you want an m39 without paying out the nose, now is the time.
>>
>>30587003
they are $250 for ones with a cracked stock, still a great deal. get some wood glue, or prepare to spend $500-$600
>>
I figure this thread would be the place to ask, but is having he bolt get stuck when you try and cycle it a common problem? About halfway to three quarters of moving my bolt to the "unlocked" position it gets really tough to rotate.

I haven't ran into this problem with my 91/30 where the bolt moves freely when cycling and I already cleaned out all the comsoline.
>>
>>30589862
Whatever the Finns used to store them with is harder to get off then the usual Russian cosmo.
I spent about twice the amount of time cleaning my m39 than regular Mosins. And still the first time I took it to the range I had some problems.

After a second cleaning, it's g2g.
>>
>>30589936
I gave it a pretty good cleaning. I let the bolt sit in some mineral spirits, and wiped the receiver down with some too before letting it sit a while then going over it agai with a few rags soaked with some mineral spirits.
>>
i really like mine, i got it from classic a few months ago. it's a sako, clean, not super accurate but accurate for a mosin.
>>
>>30590110
Might want to take it to a gunsmilth, then. I fucked up a Mauser because I thought I knew what I was doing and wanted to save a few buck. Never again.
>>
>>30590184
Yeah, that probably sounds like a good idea.
>>
>>30590148
>>30587377
>>30589582
i was mostly interested in em for the accuracy. so i shouldn't get these then? if i buy one i'd expect a very good bore or else id return it
>>
>>30590527
I got mine more for my collection, and I knew I'd never get one for that price again.

If all you are looking at is accuracy, you might be disappointed (I'm not saying mine is inaccurate, just not as good as I was expecting). I'd find an unissued one on gunbroker.
>>
>>30590599
might as well not get on at all...unbelievable...

I want a shooter. I want it to be accurate...how can classic get away with this ?
>>
>>30590616
You might be happier with a Rem 700 or some other modern bolt gun.

I really wish Remington or any manufacturer would make a modern deer gun in 54r. I'd buy one, my dad would buy one, and at least two of my friends would buy one in a heartbeat. Anyone know why they don't?
>>
>>30590718
don't want remington...
that's not what i want..

know any good FAL clones?
>>
i have two. one was captured in the winter war converted from a russian m9130 to a finn m39 and the other is a B barrel m39. both shoot flawlessly and are extremely accurate. I would reccomend buying one from Pat Burns. She has some really good descriptions and pictures. also don't get one with a dark bore. they are a beast to clean when the bore is dark.
>>
>>30590718
Because corrosive ammo blows and 54r is balisticly inferior to any modern equivalent and quite a few other old cartridges
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.