[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a good single action pistol other than the 1911? All
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: innovation.jpg (70 KB, 640x523) Image search: [Google]
innovation.jpg
70 KB, 640x523
Is there a good single action pistol other than the 1911? All the designs I've seen either have atrocious triggers or unnecessary "features" that make the gun less usable.
>>
>>30586802
Hi power. It's better in every way.
>>
>>30586802
there is an SA Sig Legion.
>>
>>30586802
sadly, glock.
>>
>>30586827
The magazine disconnect is a terrible idea. Leave it to French to come up with something so stupid.
>>30586832
The epitome of a bad trigger.
>>30586828
I just looked it up. The triggers come at 5 pounds. Are they adjustable? I don't want a trigger any heavier than 4 pounds.
>>
File: USP.jpg (196 KB, 809x585) Image search: [Google]
USP.jpg
196 KB, 809x585
Shooting General, for rookies and pros

I've been shooting pretty tight groups at 5 yards with my USP but I consistently shoot down and to the left. The act of pulling the trigger is making me jerk the gun. I'm starting to think of the gun as an extension of my arm and it's getting better but it's slow improvement. Any advice? Will the match trigger help with a clean pull through or do I practice practice practice? Once I start getting my groups in the middle of the target I can definitely shoot from a bit farther away but I'm embarrassing myself right now.

And I'm curious, where do you let your left hand go? Do you lay your thumb on the front of the frame and hold your right hand, or just leave your thumb limp and tightly grip your right hand?
>>
>>30586802
The Tokerev.
The trigger's fucking amazing believe it or not.
>>30586827
Almost.
>>30586832
Just no.
>>30587017
Wrong thread, friendo.
>>
>>30587039

Won't let me delete, but why even get a single action? A DA/SA is a straight improvement.
>>
>>30587017
>ve been shooting pretty tight groups at 5 yards with my USP but I consistently shoot down and to the left. The act of pulling the trigger is making me jerk the gun. I'm starting to think of the gun as an extension of my arm and it's getting better but it's slow improvement. Any advice?
I infact just started getting over this issue with my USP, you need to practice dry firing slowly. I found that you will get all of the slack out then feel a gear/mechanical like feeling right before it fires. Pull the trigger slow and smooth.
>>
>>30586827
Magazine disconnect

Other than that, I've heard good things about them. Might add one to my collection one day.
>>
>>30586891

>The triggers come at 5 pounds.
That's a lie.
Nobody's trigger is like that from the factory.
Expect 6.5-7 lbs
>>
>>30587060

By the end of the day I was taking the slack then cleanly pulling through, I had to totally clear my mind of worrying about it and just be in the moment. I guess after writing that up I realize it's just me being anxious.
>>
>>30586827

The Hi Power was designed to skirt around 1911 patents, rather than being the best gun JMB could make.
It also has a retarded mag disconnect.
>>
>>30586802
Almost any of the DA/SA pistols have a SA only trigger that can be installed.
This is kind of weird question.
>>
>>30587058
>A DA/SA is a straight improvement
No, it isn't. A pistol should be carried in condition 1. I hate long trigger pulls.
>>30587071
That proves my point even more. The Sig looks like a really nice pistol, but the triggers are so heavy I'd have to inject my index finger with steroids just to use the damn thing.
>>
>>30587119
It's not a bad pistol except for the magazine disconnect. The only reason John Browning put that in there is because the French made it a requirement. As always, blame the frogs.
>>
>>30587152

Safeties are such a dated concept though, just one more thing that can malfunction.
>>
>>30587187
So you suggest carrying in condition 0?
>>
>>30587210

Round in the chamber, hammer not cocked. Just practice your DA pull and it's faster and more reliable.
>>
>>30587068

Five minute procedure to remove it and you probably already have all the necessary tools. THEN it's a legitimate successor to the 1911, but I liked my HP better than my 1911 from the first time I shot it even with the disconnect intact.
>>
>>30587231
I hate long trigger pulls. I don't mind slack, but that is different from creep. It's also very difficult to shoot consistently when your first shot has a different trigger pull than your second. It can be overcome with training, but why make life more difficult with yet another problem?
>>
>>30586891
>>30587071

>Trigger pull: 5 lb spec / 3 lb actual
http://handgunplanet.com/review/sig-sauer-p226-sao-legion-series/
>>
>>30586828
Came to post this.
>>
>>30587187
does the 1911 have a reputation for malfunctioning safeties?

now if you said 'one more thing to get in the way when you need to make it shoot' i'd agree. however, i have went to grab my pistol that was laying down in a dark room and more than once, and found a thumb or finger in the trigger guard. now i should have it laying down in something like a pocket holster sure, but in this world of variables i would never trust needing to have a holster to save me from a unintentional discharge. a safety might just be a necessity on a SA gun. i do think there could be a design for an automatic safety that would eliminate the need for a manual thumb safety, but without the risks of just having a grip safety, or Glock's silly trigger safety.
>>
>>30587187

>just one more thing that can malfunction.
A safety isn't a stress part.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.