[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/meg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33
File: 1438052573075.png (21 KB, 420x300) Image search: [Google]
1438052573075.png
21 KB, 420x300
/meg/- Military Enlistment General

Prime day edition
>Discord
https://discord.gg/0y3eBT2ji4rHI4TM
>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>http://www.sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

OP template
http://pastebin.com/sb5Gv1dW (embed)

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga (embed)

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/6764857 (embed)

Ask questions, get advice from retards on how to lie on the poly, bitch about recruiters, accuse each other of stolen valor, just keep it in this general.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_nhnpelekdK1r0glbp.png (291 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nhnpelekdK1r0glbp.png
291 KB, 500x335
Which branch is the gayest since gay troops were allowed to enlist? The Marines?
>>
Okay /k/, I'm in a bit of a rut.
Most of my life I'd always been physically fit, and I played lots of sports in middle school but started slacking off in high school because I found other interests. My first meeting with a USMC recruiter I cranked out 11 pull ups and my recruiter was astounded, because most of the people at the recruiting station are spergs who can't hit 10 before they ship off to Parris Island.
Suffice to say, my natural acclimation towards PT made me a station favorite, and a candidate for guide once I DEP'd in.
I was supposed to go to MEPS Friday, and the night before the recruiters talked me through what the liaison at MEPS would ask of me. I got through my recruiter and another recruiter no problem, but when I got to the RSS Commander I couldn't hold it anymore. The SSGT asked me if everything I listed was truthful and I told him no, I didn't list that I was a furry.
Then he told me it was no big deal, but MEPS was packed and busy Friday and my enlistment would have to be postponed. Thing is,I've messaged my recruiter lots of times since then but he hasn't replied. Should I be worried that because of my lifestyle, my dream of becoming one of the few and the proud is crushed?
>>
>>30586844
You posted this in the last thread? Is this a joke?
>>30586756
its probably mostly even but id guess the Air Force has the most since it has the Kushiest life style.
>>
>>30586869
I didn't get a proper answer last thread.
*buries face into arms*
>>
>>30586889
>*buries face into arms*
I want to kill you. Dont ever do that again. If you arent baiting me why the fuck would you even tell the RSS Commander that? What section required you to list that?
>>
>>30586844
This can't be real.
>>
>>30586918
don't yell at me. i just want to serve my country
*cries*
>>
>>30587031
>don't yell at me. i just want to serve my country
>*cries*
Ok now i know its bait. You didnt even answer my questions. Fuck off faggot.
>>
File: Welcome to the family, son..png (459 KB, 1188x894) Image search: [Google]
Welcome to the family, son..png
459 KB, 1188x894
>>30587052
>>
>>30586246
Anyone have experience with Army intel? Thinking about joining the Nasty Girls as a 35P Cryptological Linguist.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa9CtYH5I5o
>>
File: doginblanket.gif (2 MB, 386x264) Image search: [Google]
doginblanket.gif
2 MB, 386x264
Anyone ever take the EDPT?
>>
>>30587106
>Army intel
>Nat Guard
Who wants to tell him?
>>
>>30588403
When the national guard deploys troops in the state to do stuff, which MOS participate?
>>
what army MOS' can qualify for Air Assault?
>>
File: m1_002.jpg (172 KB, 800x750) Image search: [Google]
m1_002.jpg
172 KB, 800x750
Should I enlist to become an Abrams driver?
Is it difficult to become one?
>>
>>30588422
Infantry, medical personnel, MP's, and helicopter crews
>>
>>30588862
Everybody starts as a driver. It's comfy as fuck. Loader is the hardest job. Main gun, coax, top gun, radio and BV to look after
>>
Will someone rate my preparadness for Army boot camp next week?

>37 min 4 miles
>45 push ups
>56 situps

I'm kinda paranoid I'll be really behind everyone else physically- I don't want to go to PCP
>>
>>30589353
dont worry bro, im leaving in a couple months and i can only do 10 pushups
>>
>>30589353
>>30589386
>the blind leading the blind
>>
File: image.jpg (223 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
223 KB, 1920x1200
If I was to join the marines, what mos's don't need security clearance? The only reason I ask is because when I was in HS, I was a general loser.
>drank
>blazed it
>got into fights (suspended but not arrested)
>got steady D's and C's
>few friends were all party junkies
>don't really have any friends post graduating, but all classmates would say how much of a loser I was.

How fuck am I? I'm 19 btw.
>>
Asking again about Navy HPSP. Does anyone have experience with it?
>>
File: image.jpg (508 KB, 1593x1044) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
508 KB, 1593x1044
I heard the Army is the only branch that guarantees an MOS.

What's he likelihood of getting the job you were promised in the other branches?
>>
>>30589459
They take felons into the Marines, I'm sure you're fine.
>>
>>30589476
I doubt doctors come here.
Are you applying? I'm thinking of applying after I do a few years in the Navy. Looking into the army one as well since they have that walter reed shit going on. Why Navy?
>>
>>30589410
>>
>>30589511
I'll be applying to med school in two years. I decided to take a gap year so I don't burn out. I need to get in touch with a recruiter desu. I haven't looked into the Army at all. Only considered Navy and Air Force because I had/have family members in those branches.
>>
>>30589483
>I heard the Army is the only branch that guarantees an MOS.
Wrong, navy does as well for the vast majority of rates. ET/FC is different and so are a few others.
>>30589550
Nice, look man your running pace was like a 9min/mile. Thats pretty damn slow just being honest.
>>
>>30589578
So you're most likely going to get the job on your contract, right?
>>
>>30589608
>So you're most likely going to get the job on your contract, right?
You will, as long as its in your contract and you dont fuck up by either failing out of school or fucking up and getting kicked out of your rate that way.
>>
>>30589567
iirc the navy makes you put off your residency for a bit to do some other general med officer role so keep that in mind. Not to mention you gotta return years of residency too if you go the .mil route with that
>>
>>30586246
How much racism is in the armed forces? I always wanted to be a soldier but why would I fight and die for a country that wants to see me gone because im brown?
>>
>>30589660
nigger
>>
>>30589632
Cool. Thanks.
>>
>>30589691
What rates you lookin at?
>>30589660
Id say less than in society actually cause what matters most is how hard people are willing to work and how good they are at their job. If youre a cool person and hot shit at your job people arent going to care. Dont make it an issue and it wont be one.
>>
>>30589578
I mean its like 4 miles tho. You want me to sprint the whole way?
>>
Question about enlisting in the army.

I have a good amount of scars on my body from dirt biking, airsoft, and various other activities. Will they give me any shit at meps for this? I overheard someone at the recruiters office saying something about another kid about "those scars don't look good." Or something like that.
>>
>>30589837
If they're not self harm scars or scars that effect you from wearing a uniform you're fine
>>
>>30589634
Yeah I think it would be a better idea to join after my residency, but their financial assistance is so tempting! However, I am warming up to the idea of doing 10+ as a doc. But I think it is still too early to make that decision.
>>
>>30589837
they're looking for self harm
>>
>>30589815
>I mean its like 4 miles tho
Bro if you think thats far you are in for a rude awakening.
>>
>>30588651
All
>>
>>30589856
>scars that effect you from wearing a uniform

Like can't wear it because they show if I had to wear something with rolled of sleeves? Because some of them are even on my hands. Or as in they effect movement like burns or something?
>>
>>30589899
For someone who beats off and runs once a day its a modest distance
Perhaps my idea of a long run will change when im in the Army for a while?
>>
Guys tank crewman or infantry?

Cant decide
>>
>>30589837
If they ask just explain where they came from. They're not stupid, and as long as the story makes sense they won't bitch.
>>
File: 1463005548895.png (388 KB, 1038x1864) Image search: [Google]
1463005548895.png
388 KB, 1038x1864
>>30589989
>For someone who beats off and runs once a day its a modest distance
I hear ya, it aint bad just that you willneed to get faster and run for longer at least if you want to be ahead of the curve. I'll dump the same 2 pics i always do. Follow the running plan if you wanna get your miles up. If youre leaving soon you might just have to suck it up.
>>
File: 1463006393443.png (340 KB, 1002x1572) Image search: [Google]
1463006393443.png
340 KB, 1002x1572
>>30589989
>>30590193
>>
>>30590193
ty
ill keep these just in case my pog ass gets lazy and needs to pass an annual fitness test thats around the corner
>>
File: 1454349338232.png (612 KB, 1800x1118) Image search: [Google]
1454349338232.png
612 KB, 1800x1118
Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of 35M and 38B
>>
>>30590537
They do entirely different jobs. I'm not sure what you're trying to compare.
>>
File: look.png (197 KB, 371x356) Image search: [Google]
look.png
197 KB, 371x356
>>30589660
depends
how brown are you?
>>
File: tuskegeeairmen2_1.jpg (35 KB, 540x568) Image search: [Google]
tuskegeeairmen2_1.jpg
35 KB, 540x568
>>30589660
>a country that wants me gone cause im brown
see with this mentality how does one make them self desirable among others besides their own? This an opportunity to provide selfless service callous to any preconceived ideas you have of the people in your country or alongside you for that matter.
>>
>>30589660
Honest answer, very little to none. You might have a recruit or something that isn't fond of a particular race, but he won't give you any shit. Even if he does, you're drill sgt it instrucor or whoever will address it if you feel it's that much of an issue.

My grandpa was a muhreen back in the 50's. His DI (who was from the south) even said "they're letting anyone in the corps these days." (Implying blacks) but he treated them like anyone else and even got on one of the other DI's for mistreating a black recruit.
>>
>>30586844
>Should I be worried that because of my lifestyle, my dream of becoming one of the few and the proud is crushed?

Yes. They probably think you're crazy as fuck.

And if you really think you're a fucking dog, unicorn, or three dicked sphinx, you are crazy as fuck.
>>
>>30588403
>Who wants to tell him?
Wants to tell him what?

That you don't know dick about the Natty Guard or Army intel?
>>
>>30588422
>When the national guard deploys troops in the state to do stuff, which MOS participate?

All of them that are in the unit that gets title 10 (federal) or title 32 (state) mob orders.

If you're intel you'll do your job. If you're an analyst you'll run the TOC. If you're a collector you'll go out and talk to people and find out what they need (food, water, utilities), and if you're CI you'll do security assessments and fuck off and do whatever you want.

That is if your unit isn't a bag of shit. Which units in the Natty Guard or Reserve can vary wildly in terms of quality.
>>
>>30589459
>How fuck am I? I'm 19 btw.

You can get a TS/SCI. I did just about the same shit, even failed two grades (8th and 9th), and only got my grades back so I could wrestle varsity for four years.

And I got a TS/SCI and deployed as a 35F. And now I'm in college averaging 3.5-3.9 GPA involved with a DIA program and DoD language program.

High school literally doesn't mean shit when it comes to the rest of your life.

Just don't lie on the SF86.
>>
>>30589660
There's a bit.
Niggers usually band together to avoid work just like on the outside.
>>
File: 1456442541213.gif (1024 KB, 184x141) Image search: [Google]
1456442541213.gif
1024 KB, 184x141
Question, I'm going to MEPS tomorrow and I'm choosing a rate for the Navy, it will likely be UT (utilitiesman) or EA (engineering aid) because I want to be in the seabees. Any opinion on these rates or seabees life in general?
>>
>>30591490
Its trash as fuck. Thats a dying rate with almost no upward mobility. Im pretty sure the advancement for them is horrible and considering we arent building any more bases any time soon im sure their downsizing will continue. You should seriously re consider.
>>
Army 15 series?
y/n?
>>
>>30591571
I've heard that a lot which really sucks because the rate looks so great desu. Combat training, lots of outside mechanics and building work, travel/adventure to other countries. I've been talking to a BU and he was telling me when they're not building or doing war games he's at home playing vidya, I mean that's comfy as fuck.

My issue is, I'm colorblind and can only choose between so many rates. So I'm looking at other engineering/mechanic rates like MM and EN and such, with the two outsiders being CTR and HM. HM is my second choice, medical field just doesn't interest me, but I know it's a noble rate to go to.
>>
>>30591705
Look man if your heart is set on SeaBee then im not gonna stop you. But in terms of career choices its a bad one. If you only wanna do 4 and get out than go for it if you really want to.
http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/enlisted/community/seabees/Documents/BU_career_path.pdf
Link might interest you
http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/enlisted/community/seabees/Documents/BU.pdf
It says they are at 100% already for 2017 so good luck advancing at all senpai
>>
>>30591391
>You can get a TS/SCI.
How much of your shit do they actually go through to get those? I'm fucked if they do interviews on the people I hung out with.
>>
>>30591801
>How much of your shit do they actually go through to get those?

Residences up to ten years, a character reference, teachers, parents etc. it just depends.

>I'm fucked if they do interviews on the people I hung out with.

Don't list them as references dingus. Would you put them as references on a job application? If the answer is no, then don't put them.

I put a few of the non criminal or shitty people that were my friends, a teacher I had in elementary who happened to live down the street from me, and my wrestling coach.

They talked to a high school teacher of mine. And he was the only person I heard anything about it from.
>>
>>30591828
Also anything like smoking pot, if it happened before you turned 16 they don't give a fuck on the SF86.

If it happened after, don't lie. The only thing you have to worry about is if you lie about something and they ask your friends who don't lie about it.
>>
>>30591780
No worries I hear what you're saying, I appreciate the input man. I am planning on doing my 4 and getting out, just looking for a good balance of adventure and post-military career opportunity in one fat bundle. I'll keep in mind what you said though, I've heard it quite a bit.

Also when you say advancing do you mean going up in rank or getting the rate in the first place?
>>
>>30591881
>Also when you say advancing do you mean going up in rank
Yes, its all quota based. If there isnt room you simply wont advance.
Did you look at the links?
>http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/enlisted/community/seabees/Documents/BU.pdf
For BU
E-4 33.48%
E-5 22.65%
E-6 2.60%
Thats absolutely terrible.
Compared to CTR
E-4 100%
E-5 37.13%
E-6 12.05%

Look at the field labeled ADV OPP.
>>
>>30591881
>and post-military career opportunity in one fat bundle

Unless you're SOF or Army SF, there aren't unless you also have civilian education.

The military isn't a job training program and they aren't training you to do anything other than what they specifically need you to do for your MOS.

That isn't to say that there are some CMF and MOS that give you a good look at what you would be doing in that same field as a civilian (when I was Army intel I deployed and worked with DIA and contractors, so I got a good sense of what my job would be as a federal civilian or contractor), but to get hired doing something close to your job (depending on MOS) you're going to need at least a two year degree, four year degree for most. Civilian non .gov employers, other than defense contractors, couldn't give less of a shit what you did in the military.

Your best bet is to do something you'll enjoy and then use your Chapter 33 GI Bill when you get out.
>>
>>30591913
Alright, I see what you mean. So the implication here is that I won't be ranking up likely beyond E-5 or E-4 during my 5 year contract?
>>
>>30591950
Bro you wont be ranking up with a 20 year contract. Its 2.6% to e-6. Thats like 1 in 40 people advance. Thats suicide tier.
>>
>>30591590
Hey BlackHawk or chinook mechanics are also flight crew members right? Anyone else know more about this? Most sites don't tell you much
>>
>>30591937
Really? That's a new take, I mean I guess I never really heard anything to the contrary but I always assumed at the very least the certs you can acquire through your rate/mos would play a part in the private sector.

On that note I am planning on getting an education after, likely as a tradesman, do you think any mechanic/engineering experience and certs I get in the Navy will have even a somewhat marginal effect on my employment prospects?
>>
>>30591976
How important is ranking up though? I understand of course there is an increase in pay, but I only plan on doing my 5 and getting out, I would think advancement mostly concerns career military guys (although I could be wrong, that's why I'm talking to you lol).
>>
>>30592009
>but I only plan on doing my 5 and getting out
Theres essentially no way to make E-6 in 5 years so if you are sure you are getting out then its no biggie. But things change is all im saying. Its a gamble to choose a knowingly shit rate banking on getting out but if you are 100% sure youll get out then ok. But even so you can easily hit E-5 in 3 years like I did and its a pretty nice pay bump so you def want to at least advance that far to save money. So you got a 33% chance of getting to E-4 then a 22% chance to E-5. Those are tough odds to make quickly in few years.
>>
>>30591991
>I always assumed at the very least the certs you can acquire through your rate/mos would play a part in the private sector.

This is completely dependent on MOS and branch. Most of the certificates and shit you'll get from classes in the military that are MOS specific are just "feel good" papers for your "I love me" book and don't actually mean jack shit.

Unless it's actually critical to the basic function of your MOS, the military isn't going to pay for you to get a recognized cert or apprenticeship etc. And those type of things are going to lean heavily towards guys who have been in longer than you when you get there.

And even then anything extra is almost 100% up to luck of the draw. You might be the most hard charging PT stud in your unit, but that doesn't necessarily guarantee a spot at any cool guy schools.

>>30591991
>do you think any mechanic/engineering experience and certs I get in the Navy will have even a somewhat marginal effect on my employment prospects?

Experience: it is very dependent on your specific MOS and what you actually do while you're in. For the most part, it may give you a small look at what you might do as a civilian in a similar occupation.

Certs: anything that's useful you probably won't get the military to pay for unless it's critical to the basic function of your job.

The military pushes this whole "job experience and on the job training" bullshit because they need rubes who can't bother to do any research to join up doing combat support and combat service support jobs.
>>
Anyone with any experience in naval or air force intelligence?

I am thinking about looking at perhaps being a intelligence officer in the USAF or USN after finishing college.

Just curious what officer training is like and all those such things
>>
>>30592052
I guess to tl;dr: there's no such thing as a free lunch
>>
>>30592058
Note that I have not done drugs, have pretty good grades and getting a bachelor's in Statistics and Economics
>>
>>30592039
I'm 99% sure on heading out after my contract but plan B, shit is good/bad and I need to stay, what are my odds of crossing over to a different rate with better advancement?

>>30592052
Alright I understand. Given that information though, unless you get just the right MOS, is it safe to assume that generally the military is meant mostly to take advantage of the GI bill and hold the cash you earn without spending it all? I've already planned on putting a large sum into an alternate account of some sort for after my service, I'm assuming everything else about job training and such like you said is mostly a meme of sorts.
>>
>>30592140
>what are my odds of crossing over to a different rate with better advancement?
its possible to an undermanned rate but def not guaranteed. shit can go sideways like that.
> is it safe to assume that generally the military is meant mostly to take advantage of the GI bill and hold the cash you earn without spending it all?
if you arent an idiot, then yes
>>
>>30592140
>and hold the cash you earn without spending it all?
Unless you are literally a robot this isn't going to happen.

How old are you? I'm guessing around 18. I'm also guessing you're straight out of high school.

You're going to be in an environment in which you are essentially making a couple thousand a month in entirely disposable income.

I'll see you in a year when you've got a car you're leasing off of a dealership just off post with a 120% APR.
>>
>>30592163
Alright, I appreciate it guys. It's shit like this that helps me change my gears and keep my head leveled. As far as holding my money, do you use Navy federal credit union? I planned on switching over and getting hold of an account ,not sure what you call them, that I can store a monthly percentage of my income (still getting used to all this, I'm only 19, practically fresh from the cradle).
>>
>>30592181
I know myself well enough that I will definitely be spending a fair amount on booze and such, without a doubt, but I'll be damned if I become one of those goobers who buys a car or some other massive investment and ends up feeling like an ass.

My dad hit me to hard as a kid to be making irresponsible decisions like that, I can only hope I will at least be somewhat reasonable with what I have earned.
>>
File: 1466135936733.jpg (82 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
1466135936733.jpg
82 KB, 630x630
>>30592194
>do you use Navy federal credit union?
Yes, its a great bank/credit union. Dont do what >>30592181
said
>I'll see you in a year when you've got a car you're leasing off of a dealership just off post with a 120% APR
hes right 95% of young people will burn there money like that cause the are fucking stupid.

Heres exactly what i did, set up a 400ish dollar allotment, that means the money comes out of your check and goes to a savings account every month. That way you save up at bare minimum 5,000 a year. Then once every month is over transfer any leftover money from your checking into your savings. So youll likely save even more. I still spend money and had fun. The one big expense i didnt have which most do is a car. I was only 19 in San Diego and i didnt need one. The base has a trolly right outside it which takes you right downtown and to the ball park plus all my friends had cars so i didnt need one. Plus we were always underway and i did 2 deployements so it made even less sense. Im so glad i never bought one while i was there. Consider this plus ways to save more money while in.
>>
>>30592255
Fuckin A, writing this down. I appreciate it anon, I fucked up in highschool and failed miserably, the Navy will be my shot to have something to show for myself as an individual so I have to trim the fat and not fuck up as much as possible. How many years have you been in?
>>
Holy shit the navy is gay shut up
>>
>>30592288
>How many years have you been in?
Bro i did my 4 and got out in 2014 at 23. I got out with 35grand and the Gi BIll. Not bad id say. The trick is to make the government work for you not the other way around.
>>30592292
Mad?
>>
>>30592312
Nice, how has the experience served so far in the private sector? Job, education?
>>
>>30592328
>Nice, how has the experience served so far in the private sector? Job, education?
Well my job doesnt translate to civilian at all but idc and i didnt want it to. I wanted a unique military experience which i got and now im in college for something completely different. Its free of course and you get BAH to pay for a place to live. its a sweet deal.
>>
>>30592328
>>30592363
Also i think college is boring as shit, i may make a change, not sure yet.
>>
>>30592380
Change as in going back to the service or saying fuck it and going straight into the job market?
>>
>>30592392
>back to the service
Possibly, but i would only have a few rates/MoSs in mind. If i couldnt get one of them i wouldnt consider it. Gotta have great advancement and bonuses plus gotta be a job out of the mainstream to avoid dealing with normie military bullshit.
>>
https://www.amazon.com/gp/cart/view.html/ref=nav_cart

Anyone know if these Aimpoints are fake or airshit? Its distributed by Aimpoint. The prices are cheaper than fucking Bushnell or Burris.
>>
>>30591334
That he'll almost never do his job.
>>
>>30592940
you linked us the fucking shopping cart you dunce
>>
has anyone high speed ever posted in /meg/?
>>
Hai I'm at ft Polk right now and it's fucking unbelievably hot. Fuck this place, but I do have air conditioning.
>>
>>30591841
>SF86
Do they take reference to previous answers?

For example, what I've told the recruiter and after all initial processing, or what I've told an investigator giving me SECRET clearance??

What if I lied on those above about never ever smoking pot, or being in a fist fight, etc, should I continue this lie into the SF86?

I can really relate to this guy, pretty much the same story... except i wasn't a big ol pothead. I ditched school every other day as well... Skateboarded like hell and gotten a ticket for trespassing, which never showed up on my record at the DMV

I was a pretty bad-boy come to think of it... I'm just going to lie.... there is no proof of any pot smoking, my references will be my childhood friends, not degenerates.

Tough choice.
>>
>>30593391
>That he'll almost never do his job.
There are plenty of soldiers on active duty that never do their job unless their deployed, or have never done their actual job ever before they get out.

>>30593848
>For example, what I've told the recruiter and after all initial processing, or what I've told an investigator giving me SECRET clearance??

If you have an S you've already filled out an SF86. It's the questionnaire form for national security positions (jobs that require clearances).
>>
File: tyler-ziegel.jpg (28 KB, 660x371) Image search: [Google]
tyler-ziegel.jpg
28 KB, 660x371
If I join the marines, what's the chance that this is me?

The qt girl part mostly
>>
>>30589660
Oh POOOORRRRR me all you have going for you is an army of white people desperately trying to show you how racist they ARENT and every bit of fucking legislation providing every advantage possible over white people and black people in every position of power including the PRESIDET awwwww you have it so bad FUCK YOU. I went to a 75% black high school, and it was a fucking ZOO. Free. Zoo.

Join or don't faggot. 90% of combat arms is white because most blacks join for a paycheck. FACT. Do whatever. No one gives a fuck. If you love this country you join as SOF and do real work.

My money is on you NOT doing that. Go cry about your brownness somewhere else.

Inb4 not black. WHATEVER.
>>
>>30594017
does the corp let abominations like that serve?

assuming he has all his limbs (pic related doesn't), and is not blind.

>battle-hardened, scarred billy badass motherfucker
>>
I didnt make it today. I dont think I will try another time.
>>
>>30591391
>>30591841
The only thing the SF-86 has that's fucking with me is the medical thing. I've been to a psychiatrist before. Is it okay to lie about that, or do they worry more about drugs and if you're a Kremlin spy?
>>
>>30594299
What happened?
>>
>>30594017
Low unless you're in a combat MOS. Not that many combat Marines compared to support and logitics
>>
>>30594017
>The qt girl part mostly

qts will be lining up for dem sweet divorce benefits
>>
>>30595405
This. I know a girl that married an ar gaff just to get the benefits. She divorced him a short time later and now rides on free medical.
>>
File: pika.png (658 KB, 566x764) Image search: [Google]
pika.png
658 KB, 566x764
Why is this allowed
>>
>>30595473
It's just Marines being retarded as usual, no big deal
>>
>>30595468
That shit happens way too often. I'll just wait for MILSPEC pleasurebots
>>
File: robot-amor-1.jpg (384 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
robot-amor-1.jpg
384 KB, 1920x1080
>>30596879
>>
I accepted an offer for infantry in the Canadian Forces today. Basic is in 2 months.

What am I to expect?
>>
>>30596948
https://youtu.be/XeWNsyZqOm8?list=PLF71317B643373FD3

Basically everything in this super boring series, and lots of attention to detail, most of the time it's literally impossible to screw up unless you're a lazy shit, physical standards are almost non existent
>>
What the hell does an MP in the national guard do when there isn't some big riot going on?
>>
What Math should i study for the ASVAB? Any Air Force guys have recommendations for Cyber Security or Intel MOS's and requirements for them?
>>
Anyone know if the USMC would bother sending me to the Language institute if I wanted to go reserves?Would another branch be a better bet anyway if I'm planning on taking the DLAB?
>>
>>30597326

Same thing most people in the guard do: Go hang out in an armory once a month and watch some powerpoint presentations.
>>
>>30589353
>>45 push ups
>>56 situps
Holy fuck you had better be kidding me. Are you saying you run the mile and then do the pushups and situps, or what? I don't go running(or much of working out) but 200 situps should be easy as pie if you've been trying at all for two weeks. I'm about your level on push ups, though.
>>
>>30586246
To join the USMC, are you required to do pull ups or can you do chin ups? I'm looking to join but I cannot do more than 1 pull up, but I can do 6 chin ups.
>>
>>30598331
>200 situps

In 2 minutes? If you're doing them to the "Army standard" even the more fit soldiers will rarely break triple digits in the 120 seconds you're allotted.
>>
>>30593872
It's intel.
Almost all active intel does their job.
35M being a big exception.
>>
>>30598341
both are fine as long as you start from dead hang and make your chin go over the bar. Also get fitter fag
>>
>>30586756
Army infantry. Always has been always will be. Gun bunny grunts are so gay they make complete incorrigible butt pirates uncomfortable.
>>
>>30598341
>>30598617
Wrong. Theres a reason you can do only 1 Pull up but 6 chin ups. Chins are easier cause they involve your biceps more and have a different leverage.
>>
>>30598617
>as long as you start from dead hang

That's how I always do them. Thanks.

>>30598664
>Wrong

So pull-ups only?
>>
>>30598688
Are you asking if you should do pull ups? The answer is yes. If you cant do any start doing lat pulldowns then switch over to pullups as your lat/grip strength increases.
>>
File: EYEDC.jpg (71 KB, 616x353) Image search: [Google]
EYEDC.jpg
71 KB, 616x353
My legs fatigue faster than anything else. Should I simply run less and walk more?

Otherwise my legs are OK.
>>
>>30598831
You gain brouzouf.
>>
>>30598831
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECEz3a4GErE
>>
reminder os2 is a gigantic faggot
>>
>>30599553
Yep
>>
I shipping out in November to the US Navy as AECF. I pray I'll get ET, but I know it's random. What should I expect with AECF and Navy life?
>>
>>30599651
Yep
>>
>>30599652
expect for OS2 to come gargle your ballsack every 3rd night during the waning moon
>>
>>30599687
yep
>>30599652
>What should I expect with AECF and Navy life?
stuff
>>
>>30599687
That sounds pretty alright to me. I like my balls getting sucked on.
>>
OS2,

does your department know you shitpost on 4chin?'

>>30599652

Great Lakes blows. Find yourself some good people to hang around and/or find some good productive hobbies for when you are on holds waiting to class up.

Do your work and don't be a dirtbag. Learn your rate, etc.
>>
>>30599760
>does your department know you shitpost on 4chin?'
Im out, got out in 2014 but even if i hadnt they wouldnt care.
>>
I can answer most questions for people who want to be linguists.at least about dli life.
>>
>>30598597
>Almost all active intel does their job.
Not from my experience due to restrictions on collecting and handling reporting on AMCITs.

There are classes (even reserve and guard intel guys go to classes at the ARISCs and active duty posts) and exercises, but it's not the same thing as actually being deployed.
>>
>>30599783

navy CTI is tough, yeah? I want to cross over and not sure if I'd rather do CTI or CTN
>>
>>30599785
I guess I should amend this:

CI guys do their job, go no TDYs in the US and wear suits, and do CI work because it can be done stateside.
>>
hey guys OS2 here, i got my doctorate and performing alaskan pipelines on all the officers on my boat. AMA
>>
>>30600000
yep
>>
>>30600000
quints confirm OS2 is a dr. faggot
>>
File: benaffleck.gif (2 MB, 350x255) Image search: [Google]
benaffleck.gif
2 MB, 350x255
>>30600000
>>
>Trust my mother to not be completely stupid and take my military record home with her after MEPs was interrupted by a waiver needing to be filled, since she wants my original birth certificate with her because of how much it means due to some shit when I was born
>She fucking loses it
>A folder with everything I need to continue the process, as well as my birth certificate and high school diploma. I was smart enough to have my SSN and insurance card back in my wallet before I left the building, though.
>Recruiter's a bro/thirsty for bonus money and says his boss is talking with MEPs to just get me processed without needing it because of my scores and interest areas
>>
>>30600179
well if they already got copies or w/e whats the problem
>>
>>30600179
you are a garbage human being and your recruiter is going to send you open contract for your trouble

have fun retard
>>
>>30592058
>Officer training

Boring as fuck. Long. You'll feel like you're accomplishing something, then look back and realize "I guess that helped? Somehow?"

The best training is getting bitched at by people under you for being a shit boss.
>>
>>30600198
>Why does MEPS do this inane thing?

Fuck if I know, man. So they don't have to print a copy out? I had to leave halfway though due to an allergy I'd declared to my recruiter like two months before that was on my file and only needed a waiver after the MD noticed it.

>>30600208
Nah.
>>
>>30600343
i dont know nigga i was there 9 years ago but i know i got my originals back
>>
So I am going to meps tomorrow. I took two small hits of pot on the 4th of july while really drunk. I had completely forgot myself and made a mistake.

I've got a 10% body fat ratio and I've been drinking 1gallon of water a day plus 8 cups of coffee. I already have an extremely high metabolism to the point that I haven't gain a lb since middle school.

How fucked am I? Will the thc cooh still be In my piss?
>>
>>30600380
dude how old are you to not understand basic science even though you fucking wrote all that shit out
>>
>>30600374
They didn't keep it. They sent it home with me, because it was going to take like forty-five days for the SG to get back to them with a signed waiver, and my mother lost it all.

>>30600380
Probably, but it doesn't completely shut you out. If I remember right, they only ream your asshole for it if you do it at any point after MEPS and your delayed entry oath, or if you lie about it. You're probably just going to get sent home and have to wait awhile.

I'd honestly ask if you could speak with your branch's representative and fess up to only them, so that it spreads from them to whoever needs to know, and not five bored guys gossiping about you to the people in charge. They'll likely give you a much lighter treatment if own up and don't waste their time than if you go through the whole thing and they see you withheld information from them. They care more about honesty than anything else.
>>
>>30600380
dude you're fine, obviously you've been reading up on it and most of that stuff is solid info. just dilute your urine if you're so scared
>>
What's the best branch (and perhaps, MOS) for someone that wants to:

1: directly contribute to the death of America's enemies
2. study/go to college/get college credits while they serve
>>
>>30600595
define contribute. do you want to be pulling a trigger of some sort or be somewhere else in the process?
>>
>>30600179
And so you've learned that you literally cannot trust a woman, any woman, to do anything without fucking it up.
>>
>>30600595
Army or muhreens
>>
>>30600595
army without a doubt. no one in the air force or navy sees combat unless they are a very specialized group and the muhreens are too busy semper fing each others anuses to take college classes
>>
>>30600595
Air Force flight jobs.

Army if you're scared of heights.
>>
File: eet fuk.jpg (25 KB, 335x390) Image search: [Google]
eet fuk.jpg
25 KB, 335x390
>>30600746
>mfw i was an army aviator stealing all the air force's kills cause i could actually hit an 8 digit grid
>>
>>30600623
I wouldn't mind pulling the trigger honestly, or being behind the scenes loading something, fixing something, arranging something...something like that. I know that's really confusing.

>>30600644
>>30600686
Looking for Army MOSs. I would be a Marine but people say it blows and doesn't transfer as well into civilian life

>>30600746
I was looking into stuff like loadmaster or maybe working with weapons systems. Being able to fly would be a definite bonus
>>
Can I waiver the 3.0 GPA requirements for AFROTC? My ACT score is 32 composite, is it possible that could convince them to waiver it?
>>
>>30600781
Yeah, TACPs are pretty shit, desu.

CCT is where it's at.

>>30600797
https://www.airforce.com/careers/detail/special-missions-aviation

Regardless of what it feeds you, this is a crew chief job on helicopters 95% of the time. You man the door gun of medievac and transport choppers, and are generally in charge of everything but flying the chopper and shoving patients full of blood and drugs.

Don't think there's a particularly high demand for them, though.
>>
>>30600865
>door gun of medevac
medevacs dont have door guns bud. thats why they have chase birds
>>
>>30600970
https://youtu.be/ChhhC70p8hQ?t=273

?
>>
>>30601012
4:36
>>
File: 20160712_155033.jpg (4 MB, 4032x2268) Image search: [Google]
20160712_155033.jpg
4 MB, 4032x2268
>>30599812
I'm air force but yes regardless of branch it's hard as fuck here unless you get an "easier" language aka non cat 4. Life here is great thiugh. It's a beautiful area. You'll spend between 9-16 months here.
Are you apt for langauge
>>
>>30601044

Yeah I always have been. Learning mandarin from the fiance. I'd love to pick it up @ DLI
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 512x383) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 512x383
Few questions about 0311
>what's the likelyhood of seeing combat
>does it require security clearance
>how long does the typical gunfight with sand people last?

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>30600380
why the fuck didnt you buy a drug test to see if you'd pop for weed or not?
>>
>>30601044
why does the AF pay people to learn spanish when they can pick up random spics outside Monterrey
fucking hell I speak spanish fluently, if I try for that shit they'll stick me in farsi or some hajji speak.
>>
>>30600179
There's your first free lesson about the military: Unless you have records literally in your possession they may as well not exist.
>>
File: tumblr_o6jwyjsHW91tm8aamo1_540.jpg (77 KB, 540x455) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6jwyjsHW91tm8aamo1_540.jpg
77 KB, 540x455
>>30586246
Just got merit listed for Int Operator in the grand leaf force.

Wooooo wish me luck boys
>>
>>30601459
likely hood, not very likely as of these times however shit seems like it might be about to pop up

usually you wont need a clearence unless you get attached to some special unit but id say 95% of the time you dont

typical gunfight with sand niggers can very to 5 minuets to weeks....

semper fi
>>
>>30601126
Good luck getting the language you want thiugh. I got my 2nd choice (korean). Most people I came with gother their 4th or 5th choice. It's all about what your branch wants.
>>
>>30601853
>likely hood
lol, typical muhreen
>>
>>30601817
I guess we do special shit in central and South america. I can't really divulge the amount of people in each language tho. Chances are though if you come here you'd get some mid east langaueg. I got lucky and didn't get one.
>>
>>30601817
>Why does the AF pay people to learn Spanish?

Because the more American and intelligent the translator, the better.

>Trusting some dumbass with a limited grasp of English with communications
>Putting that much of an emotional, political and subtlety choker on your interactions because of one dumbass
>>
College fag who's not really sure if ROTC and being put in a leadership position right off the bat is the best path for me. How much of a meme would I be getting into if I applied for an 18x contract after getting my degree?
>>
>>30600799
pls respond
>>
>>30601971
>>30601971
I speak spic-ese and American fluently. I could be one of those linguist dudes
>>
>>30602179
Get a linguist contract and DLPT out of Spanish and depending on your fluency get an extra 250 to 400 dollars more a paycheck
>>
>>30602061
Not huge. Most enlisted personnel actually get degrees while working.

And you wouldn't be in a leadership position immediately. They'd train you, and even then you'd probably be a bootlicker for a few years with a token number of employees under you.
>>
>>30601749
I have all of 50 cents to my name
>>
I'm excited yet nervous about near the future, bros.
>>
>>30603092
the near future*
>>
>>30602073
pls
>>
>>30601126
I speak some Japanese and got Arabic anyway.

Don't think that you will get your language of choice. You won't.
>>
>>30602061
It's a meme, and a retarded one at that.

Enjoy wasting 4 years of your life as Joe 11B at Bragg painting rocks, sweeping parking lots, and mowing lawns.
>>
>Tfw reading up on IOs

FUCK
>>
>>30602598
Your fine if it's a piss of mouth test might be fucked if it's a hair test
Stop drinking and doing drugs faggot
>>
So im the DEP and i didnt have a very good understanding of what the minimum ship date i had was. The date they told me to give that would be the earliest i could leave, so i chose oct 15th, then i was called by my recruiter and offered a position in EOD, i took it(read, said yes over the phone, nothing i signed) because i thought if i didnt i would be forced to ship open general on the 15th, but thats not true, and now i want to back out and go munitions, EOD is like 4th on my list but thinking about it i would prefer not to be stuck in school for 2 years. After talking to my recruiter he told me, his boss would discharge me from the DEP if i backed out of the slot, im pretty sure this is just pressure and bullshit to not let me leave, i still havnt signed anything yet, and if i recall EOD is 100 volunteer, so im not really sure what to do. i guess i could call his boss to confirm it? to talk to someone higher?
>>
>>30605601
I should mention i was offered a munitions contract but id have to ship mid august and i didnt want to leave that early, kind of regret turning it down now, was 3rd on my list
>>
>>30605601
It's just bullshit even when you are in the dep program you still have the power of choice. Remember recruiters have quotas to fill
>>
>>30601459
You probably will go on MEU's.

I was in CLIC and had one, the vast majority of infantry Marines do not require one.

I've been in firefights that have lasted nearly a full day and I've exhausted nearly 8 mags. But sometimes that's just a lot of suppressive fire because hajjis are coward bitches and you literally can't tell where the fuck they are. In other words sometimes you shoot a lot, but aren't"getting some". But sometimes you do.

t. Surge 0311, I can't honestly recommend it these days.
>>
>>30605631
i hope so, id rather not be kicked out of the dep and have to go thru all the bullshit again. this would be easier if i wasnt a meek little bitch over the phone
>>
Just finished Uni and have decided to go for being a Royal Navy officer. Anyone got any advice?
>>
>>30605601
Shit, dude

Maybe EOD counts as several quotas for the recruiter?
>>
>>30605745
probably famalam, its a critcal AFSC that needs people constantly so me backing out would be a bitch to refill.
>>
>>30605745
If you express interest in EOD in any branch they will be on your dick faster than you can say "Obongo"
>>
>>30600799
At least for Navy ROTC, the ACT requirements are up to the individual unit, so it's up to them to waive it. For us, we let in a few kids with 22s
>>
Can I enlist or possibly become an officer if i have a weed citation on my record that I paid off like 2 years ago?
>>
>>30606295
fuck off with these vague questions and ask a officer recruiter like any of these mouth breathers on 4 chan know the true answer to that
>>
>>30606295
the marines probably won't take you
the rest will probably need a waiver but it looks pretty bad
for officer anyway
>>
>>30604879
Scraped together the and I've got the test here. If it's positive I'll make an excuse to not go to meps today. If it's negative I'll roll the dice and go
>>
Piss cae back thc positive. Time to fake family illness...
>>
>>30605865
and if you want to back out they will do anything to convince you otherwise huh? :y
>>
>>30602061
Its a meme brah, but i plan on doing the same, kek be willing.

as one other has stated, would suck to unexpectedly wash out of the course and end up as a regular infantry man with a degree in electrical engineering
>>
>>30589505
The Marines actually have higher standards on every level than the Army.
>>
File: 1466469772554.jpg (201 KB, 470x595) Image search: [Google]
1466469772554.jpg
201 KB, 470x595
What should I lie about in my career in the military? I want to become an officer...

>used to go to underground punk shows around people doing meth, noz, underage drinking almost every weekend from ages 14-19
>smoked pot once in a blue moon with degenerates (not in social circle)
>did coke once with degenerates (not in social circle)
>had a one month fling witha girl who slang coke
>used to skateboard on shit, with no regard to private property
>ran from the cops before
>been in handcuffs before for something stupid, wasnt cited though.
>one fist fight in high school
>couple of fist fights outside of school

I have a clean record, no tickets, and I plan to use my childhood friends as references (we grew up together, but they weren't with me thru my degenerate phase - so they have a positive history with me, one of them will become a police officer soon actually - good guys)
>>
Just got in as an information professional officer in the Navy. What do they do?
>>
Hey bros, I'm british so I don't think I belong in this general but I'm wanting to ask a question about being in the military.

When I look at deaths on both camps, its usually armed cars being blown up, this terrifies me. I know the UK is majority withdrawn from Afghanistan and Iraq but whats the chance of such a thing happening if I get deployed there?

thank you.
>>
>>30608557
There's plenty of civilian jobs that have a higher lethality rate than being a deployed anglo in Afghanistan. Sure it's no desk job, but you won't be fishing in the Bering sea either.

Also this thread is for everyone. Most people here are in the US, though.
>>
>>30608441
Paperwork I'd imagine. Maybe reprimand a guy or two, then do nothing all day
>>
File: red-wolves-door-gunner-hr.jpg (1 MB, 4206x2704) Image search: [Google]
red-wolves-door-gunner-hr.jpg
1 MB, 4206x2704
I want to be a crew chief/helicopter gunner.
What branch should I go for (mainly looking at Army or Marines) and what are the requirements?
>>
>>30609840
You never join the Marines. Unless you want to be a Marine. Idiot.
>>
What requirements would i need to get a Linguist or cyber security job in the Navy or Air force? Which branch is better for Intel?
>>
>>30609863
I prefer Marines to Army all the way but I have heard that they do not guarantee an MOS and I don't want to be fucked over. Idiot.
>>
>>30609883
>cyber security job in the Navy
The best intel job in the whole military is CTN in the navy.
http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/enlisted/community/crypto_it/Pages/CTN.aspx
>>
>>30609956
How do you get that job? and what makes it the best?
>>
>>30610024
>How do you get that job? and what makes it the best?
You people need to learn how to fucking read.
>walk into recruiters
>say I want CTN or im leaving
>get CTN
Did you read the link?
http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/enlisted/community/crypto_it/Documents/CTN%20Community%20Summary%20Sheet.pdf
Look at the adv Opp. box on the right. The advancement is excellent becasue they are undermanned cause the rate is so difficult. So you advance very easily and get great bonuses.
They are at 85% manning.
>>
>>30598474
Just breaking 100 to standard isn't that hard unless you're getting screwed out of counted reps, it just takes practice, like trying to get 60 in 60 then timing how many you can do in 2 after you can do 60+ a minute
>>
>>30609885

Sounds like you don't actually prefer Marines then, huh?
>>
What branch and MOS has the highest chance of being stationed in Japan?
>>
>>30610205
Navy
>>
>>30609956
>>30608441
>>
>>30609885
You answered your own question

Playedyourself.jpg
>>
>>30610205
https://www.airforce.com/careers/detail/munitions-systems/

Its not Japan but this job gets you a pretty good shot at going to Korea.
>>
File: 21331.jpg (545 KB, 2500x1656) Image search: [Google]
21331.jpg
545 KB, 2500x1656
OCS applicant here choosing my branch
really want armor but at same time want to remain viable candidate for law enforcement after I am done with the army does anyone have recommendation for me. its between Armor, MP, and Military Intelligence. MP and Intel I know sell me more for LEO, really passionate about armor though
>>
>>30611974
MP won't sell you more for LEO, they won't want to take someone who's already trained differently. Just do what you like man being a .mil is a good plus either way for LE+your degree. You're probably a shoo in
>>
>>30610059
If it's that difficult, how do you know the other guy won't just wash out?

>>30610169
This. I think it was 2 threads ago, but someone said being a Marine is basically sacrificing a lot of shit (like having a job choice) just to wear the Marine title.
>>
How soon can I take Sere training in any brach? What role should I take to get it asap?
>>
>>30612121
>If it's that difficult, how do you know the other guy won't just wash out?
I dont know that. But in case you havent figured this out yet, the hard to do shit in life is usually worth it. The fact that its so hard is why its great. No idiots around you and again the manning is always low so they are desperate to keep people in so the bonuses are great. If you want an easy rate go be a BM and drink paint thinner for fun.
>>
>>30612062
thank you passed the boards find out the 18th from usarec the battalion board liked me, even if I get reserve commission I know it will look good
>>
>>30611327
That doesn't sound so hard to do, but I would really like to be stationed in Japan.
I do have a degree in engineering, could I get this job this OS2 guy is talking about, CNT, and choose to be stationed in Japan?

I'm at an impasse here, since I do want something I can make a respectable career in the military with, but I also want something with some risk of combat, just out of being a dumb young guy I guess.
>>
File: Ckwsz_3XEAAsTK0.jpg (39 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
Ckwsz_3XEAAsTK0.jpg
39 KB, 960x640
any one here 13F here? Would you recommend going in as an E-4?
>>
>>30612243
jesus wake up
>CNT
Its CTN
>choose to be stationed in Japan?
Prob not, CTN is a shore intel type rate. You will be stationed at large INTEL bases around thw world. Japan isnt known for those. THey have 2 large sea bases Yokuska and Sasebo. If you want to be in Japan choose a Sea going rate.
CTNs dont go on ships.
>with some risk of combat, just out of being a dumb young guy I guess
They dont have that either, they are a support type rate. They hack computers there is no risk in that senpai.

Your priorities are all over the place you need to re-evaluate.
>>
>>30612166
You get SERE training throughout your career, however SF has mandatory SERE training and high speed units will often send their dudes.
>>
>>30612303
hey OS2 you know anything about Information professional officers? I applied for maybe 2 or 3 intel designations and got this.
>>30612199
yeah no worries.
>>
>>30612252
11b Here, always attached to a 13F (FISTERS is what they're called) and yes, because this dude's been in for 6 years and still an E4 looking at E5. He's not a shitbag and deployed twice now. Just some shitty slots man. You will get shit for it but the pay is worth it. AND DONT ACT LIKE A BADASS OR TEAM LEADER WHEN YOU GET TO YOUR UNIT YOU FUCK
>>
>>30596948
Basic should be easy as fuck as long as you aren't completely retarded and out of shape. BMQ AND BMOQ have both gotten soft since they replaced most of the vandoos with a more varied set of MOCs from all 3 elements. Just do what you're told and shut up and you should be fine. Your next phase of training after will be SQ which will be a harder from what I've heard(I'm officer side so I don't know for sure). Finally don't get injured because you will end up on "warrior" platoon, which is the saddest group of rejects, fatasses, and retards I have ever laid eyes on. I knew a pretty cool, inshape guy who tore his hamstring and spent weeks on there depressed as fuck. Good luck.
>>
>>30612362
no sorry
>>
>>30612362
>Information professional officers?
No idea bro, that isnt really how it works on ships. Divisions just get some Fresh ass 0-1 as a Divo and/or a LDO/Warrant as a specialist attached on. Thats about it. Im sure at a specific intel command its very different.
>>
>>30612303
Okay, sorry.
So I've been around on the navy site, and there are plenty of engineering technician positions but they don't state how deployments work.

Nightmare mode for me would be to end up staying in the USA and never getting a chance to travel.

If I do well on the ASVAB, can I fill in deployment preference first, and job preference second? I would take pretty much any job as long as its something that isn't being a janitor or cook(I can just do that in the civilian world anyways), if I could take the location of my choosing.
>>
>>30612583
>they don't state how deployments work.
Thats becasue deployements are completely random. 100% out of your control. My ship didnt deploy for 3 years straight from 09-12 then we did 2 back to back with only a 6 month gap in between from 2012-2014. Its all about needs of the navy man.
>never getting a chance to travel
You will, theres always a way. For example lets say your ship isnt deploying anytime soon, you can just look at a list of ships that are and request to go TAD(Temporary assigned duty) to that ship for its deployement. Believe me if you want to work you can always find some. There used to be these things called IAs(Individual Augmentation) while i was in, basically they were open billiets for 6 months - 1year at random bases around the world that needed people and people could volunteer for them. Not sure if they still do em but if they did you could always go for that as well. Theres a whole backstory to IAs but i cant type it all atm. Will in a bit if you want the full story. Anyway
>can I fill in deployment preference first, and job preference second?
Every rate is different, some dont even let you fill out a preference list at all, some do. Again its random. If it happens it happens at your school house it has nothign to do with the asvab. However I gurantee 100% if you get the chance, and you out japan you will get it 100%. Thats cause ships in Japan are fwd deployed. That means they are underway and deploy way more than stateside ships cause they are right beside china and NK. Because they are so busy its hard to get people to go there. Thats why orders to a ship in Japan only last 3 years max rather than the 5 I had on my ship in san diego.

Look choose a job you want and will enjoy, the rest will take care of it self i gurantee it. Ships deploy thats what they do and again if yours isnt there are ways around it.
>>
>>30612700
okay, that's pretty good advice. I didn't know I could do an assigned duty thing like that. Even if I don't get Japan, I just don't want to stay in the US for my enlistment. Thanks dude.
>>
>>30612548
oh word, guess it's a newish designation, can barely find anything on the google. I dunno much about tech support besides the basics I hope they teach me this shit. I wonder if I gotta do SWO quals or if IDC has their own pins. Maybe it's carriers only
>>
>>30612741
>Maybe it's carriers only
Probably, on my cruisers the CTs didnt even have a JO in charge of them they jst had the Warrant and the ITS had a COMMO but he was just a 0-1 butter bar both times and he was just a random basic SWO so whatever special shit youre doing is something else.
>>30612729
>I just don't want to stay in the US for my enlistment.
You should be fine man, Japan is always hurting for people. Again you need to choose a good job/rate otherwise you may hate life doing some bullshit. What kinda job you want senpai? Didnt you say you had a degree in engineering? Would you want to stay working with engines? Or intel like that CTN stuff or if you want hands on action like you were saying you basically gotta go Spec Ops. Not mant NAvy jobs besides those are down and dirty getting shot at. Being Air Crew on a Helo might be a good gig that has some of all that.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.