[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When will this autistic pipe dream of repealing the Hughes Amendment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 18
File: gunfags BTFO.jpg (68 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
gunfags BTFO.jpg
68 KB, 800x533
When will this autistic pipe dream of repealing the Hughes Amendment ever end?

Face it, sperglords. It's not happening. I'll let you know why:

1) Liberals will go into full-on nuclear fuckin' meltdown at the thought of literal machine guns being legal to manufacture again.
2) The rich cuckservatives that run that NRA probably have tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, of dollars invested in transferable machine guns. The second that new manufacture machine guns become transferable, that value goes down the toilet like hot shit.
3) Gun rights are under attack more today than they ever have been before. The gun rights lobby is under enormous pressure to keep the rights we have now, let alone fight for ones we used to have. I see no foreseeable end to this, and in all likelihood, things like ARs and AKs will probably be completely illegal within the next 20 years. It will be a cold day in hell the day that firearms advocates can go back on the offensive.

So can people shut the fuck up about the Hughes Amendment now? You should be happy the government even allows you to own your .22LRs and nuggets, let alone your AR-15s and shit.

Full-auto weapons are a privilege, not a right.
>>
>So can people shut the fuck up about the Hughes Amendment now

No, thanks for sharing
>>
>t. correcting the record
>>>/r/s4p
>>
Ingest a half gallon of bleach.
>>
>>30585743
SHALL
>>
>>30585743
Compromise isn't giving ground in exchange for nothing.
>>
>>30585743
"Common sense gun control" is Democrats disarming the constituency of the Republicans so that the constituency of the Democrats can predate on the constituency of the Republicans unhindered.

Gun control compromise is Republicans selling gun owners down the road in exchange for nothing.

Apologies to Scott Adams.
>>
>>30588104
NOT
>>
>>30588200
BE

(checked)
>>
>>30585743
>Full-auto weapons are a privilege, not a right.
Fuck off, they are a right and no matter what you or a corrupt agency/judges say will not make it untrue.
>>
>>30588212
ALLOWED
>>
File: 1466015128898.jpg (13 KB, 318x345) Image search: [Google]
1466015128898.jpg
13 KB, 318x345
>>30588218
>>
>>30588218
Nowhere in the Constitution does it mention full-auto weapons.
>>
>>30585743
We are on the verge of making massive gains.

If you haven't noticed we had just; major publications come out in favor of complete gun bans, many politicians come out in favor of gun grabbing full-stop, Democrats basically giving up on the white working-class demographics and a gigantic ratcheting up on the election stakes through the death of Scalia.

Despite a favorable map to Democrats at the start of the year, it is now clear they may lose Harry Reid's seat. The House map moves further from their grasps with every riot and protest that gets out of hand, plus they run the real risk of alienating pretty much everyone with a retarded platform and lackluster candidates because of their inability to even formulate simple and logical goals at the state and local level.

It might not happen tomorrow, the day after or the next day but very soon there will be major changes to the gun laws. It more than likely will be for our benefit rather than the gun grabbers.

What's going to be the impetus? California. After their absurd exercise prepare for incoming freedom.
>>
File: free_bait.jpg (43 KB, 699x637) Image search: [Google]
free_bait.jpg
43 KB, 699x637
>>30585743
>>30588413
>>
>>30585743
Well your last sentence is completely wrong, they are a right not a privilege granted to us by the US Constitution. With liberals you can never, ever give an inch. You have to double down on your position and stand up for it. Trump has proven this.
>>
File: CtfidQK.gif (133 KB, 311x366) Image search: [Google]
CtfidQK.gif
133 KB, 311x366
>>30585743

>Shall not be infringed

Eat a bullet, cuck
>>
>>30588416
>Democrats basically giving up on the white working-class demographics

they have done everything they can to negate the voting power of the white working class. See illegals, voters ID being racist, and importing brown people at the expense of white euros.
>>
File: image.jpg (117 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117 KB, 960x640
>>30585743
>>
>>30585743
>Full-auto weapons are a privilege, not a right because feelings and money
I already knew this OP, but thanks for the reminder.
>>
>>30585743

I agree with everything but that. Full auto weapons should easily fall under protection of the 2nd amendment right.
>>
>>30585743
>Hey guys, I'm Alex C with TFB-TV.

fuck off Alex
>>
File: 1411066734759.gif (973 KB, 256x186) Image search: [Google]
1411066734759.gif
973 KB, 256x186
>>30585743
>>
>>30585743
>Allows
the government does not have prerogative to allow or disallow anything related to firearms outside of the congressional duty to equip the militias
>>
>>30588413
The original Constitution never mentioned the internet being a free speech place either, and yet here you are running off your cockholster and generally being an insufferable faggot.
>>
>>30588458
>granted
Guaranteed, m80
>>
>>30588754
Actually, since the net is a series of private machines, free speech is only as protected as the site host allows, though the host basically unlimited speech rights. BUT, all isps do is provide access by running data; so what you post is as protected as your letters in the mail.
>>
>>30585743
I'd rather have Gun mufflers and SBR/SBS taken off the NFA, than being allowed to buy new manufacture FA guns on the NFA.
>>
File: 1468067904927.jpg (16 KB, 293x323) Image search: [Google]
1468067904927.jpg
16 KB, 293x323
>>30585743
where do you think you are?
>>
>>30588413
Nowhere in the Constitution does it mention any specific form of weaponry. You could literally buy warships if you could afford it.
>>
>>30589406
I want both, I'll settle for one or the other, as a compromise.
>>
>>30589406
this

hopefully the Hearing Protection Act will eventually go somewhere after the faggots in the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security, and Investigations are through with it

it has 76 cosponsors
>>
>>30585743
Fuck off Alex, we don't care about what you're going to inherit after your dad bites it.
Jesus Christ, I wish he never conceived your ass.
>>
it's not really about the machine guns but the bullshit where they ignored the actual vote
>>
>>30588413
Nowhere in the constitution does it say internet so step off now nigga.
>>
File: 1449538896453.png (443 KB, 562x715) Image search: [Google]
1449538896453.png
443 KB, 562x715
>>30585743
i love a good bait thread
>>
File: 1467838019271.jpg (38 KB, 436x432) Image search: [Google]
1467838019271.jpg
38 KB, 436x432
The government does not grant our rights, that would imply they could take them away and make them privileges. The Constitution is there to recognize these rights and prevent the government from attempting to take them away or (((compromise))) on them
>>
>>30585743
Fuck, that diatribe with giant holes in history and attempts at skewing the motivations of powers he has no idea of.

What fucking social manipulation firm do you work for? I mean really, you need to be fired, I just want to call your boss.
>>
>>30585743
Guys, can we take a step back and just say that it isn't the democrats doing this? Its the Communist liberals. And if you cant se that communism has swept across the nation like a plague, then you clearly are buying into their propaganda spewed put by our media.

Its people like you, OP, that are helping us along. Go back to Russia, faggot, if you don't like our guns.
>>
>>30585743

>It will be a cold day in hell the day that firearms advocates can go back on the offensive

What the actual fuck?

We've been fighting a winning offensive since Clinton left office. We're just now starting to encounter serious resistance.

We haven't won every battle, but the war has been going in our favor for quite some time.

The AWB was expired and is now toxic, even for democrats, not even Obama will touch it.

Carry laws have gone from "mostly non-existent" to shall issue, virtual shall issue, or constitutional in most states in the union.

AR-patter rifles are now the most popular pattern of rifle in the United States, more-so than Mosins, SKSs, Mauser-patterns, or AKs.

Handgun and CCL numbers have been expanding by magnitudes just in the last 8 years, and several Supreme Court decisions reaffirm the right for Americans to defend themselves both inside and outside the home, and for any American to own a firearm as long as they are not felons.

It's not us that should be scared for our movement, it's the anti-guns. Even after all of the media coverage and political points scored on all of the shootings and "statistics" published recently, even the top members of the Democratic party acknowledge that gun control is an insane pipe dream, and only the deepest of blue states have the balls to directly confront gun owners and "win"

They should be terrified that all of this political capital is being thrust into their lap, and they have absolutely no momentum, what does this say when the furor dies down? It means we go back on the offensive, as the regressives scramble and fight tooth and nail to continue to keep our rights out of reach.

Basically, you're fucked.
>>
>>30588416

Can I be honest, and can you guys not judge me? I love guns, always have, but I put the "freedom" of the masses above conservatism.

I voted for Obama his second term, and voted Democrat in every state and local election.

I was planning on voting for Hillary because I can't stand Trump, but since all of the riots and ludicrous platforms the Democrats have adopted over the last year, I've re-registered as a Republican, and refuse to vote for any Democrat on the grounds that they're borderline fascist at this point.

I may not vote for Trump, but I will be damned if my state seats go blue.
>>
>>30594303
>"freedom" of the masses
You're a fucking moron. The "masses" are made up of individual freedoms. Erode individual freedoms and the masses will have no freedoms you goddamn basement dweller.

>I voted for Obama his second term, and voted Democrat in every state and local election.
Kill yourself

>I was planning on voting for Hillary
Kill yourself...seriously

>because I can't stand Trump,
Oh my God anon just fucking do it already

>but since all of the riots and ludicrous platforms the Democrats have adopted over the last year,
Yeah because Democrats JUST became crazy in 2016

>on the grounds that they're borderline fascist at this point.
Where the hell have you been since the 19-fucking-60s?

>I've re-registered as a Republican, and refuse to vote for any Democrat
>I may not vote for Trump, but I will be damned if my state seats go blue.
#1. nice blog post
#2. go fuck yourself
#3. you're not a hero because you suddenly decide after years of fucking your countrymen and fellow statesmen with your blue votes that you're going to register as a Republican
#4. You vote for Hillary in a general election and whatever Republicans you vote in at the state level will be flat out ignored by the Federal machine. They will be steamrolled into submission by a packed Supreme Court.

Nice bait. 8/10 got me pretty mad.
>>
GOD DAMN IT I WANT IT SO MUCH
GODDAMMITIWANTITSOMUCH

GIVE US FULL AUTOOOOOS
ID PAY FOR FIVE TAX STAMPS FOR A SINGLE RIFLE
>>
File: 1422810068283.png (1 MB, 680x592) Image search: [Google]
1422810068283.png
1 MB, 680x592
>>30585743
>>
>>30594303
Fuck off kike
>>
File: 1467934619503.jpg (286 KB, 1000x1602) Image search: [Google]
1467934619503.jpg
286 KB, 1000x1602
>>30585743

Honestly, I don't care that machine guns are banned from a practical perspective. A fraction of 1% of gun-owners may have the resources to purchase, maintain, and operate automatic weapons. The ownership of FA weapons and military explosives is almost analogous to civilian ownership of cannon 200 years ago--a phenomenon that was exceedingly uncommon for anyone except privateers.

HOWEVER, that does not make those items a "privilege." The 2nd Amendment guarantees us the right to keep and bear arms for the sake of securing a free state. We already know from the War of Independence that the securing of a free state may include fighting against the regular forces of your own government. At that time it was the Crown, and in modern times it would be the federal and state governments. It is for this reason that the militia (which is itself a body of the people and not the government) was and still should be allowed to own arms that were comparable to those of the military.
>>
File: 1436270338014.jpg (109 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
1436270338014.jpg
109 KB, 700x525
>>30594582

(cont.)
Many interpret the militia clause of the 2nd Amendment to be language that limits, not expands, the rights of individuals. They believe that personally-owned weapons should be limited to the protection of one's own life and property, and many Americans don't even support the ownership of firearms for such humble purposes. These views are incorrect. The militia clause in fact guarantees access to any weapons that may be used against us as tools of tyrannical rule, if we accept that militias should be used today as they were previously--to resist the government's application of military force.
>>
>>30585743
>You should be happy the government even allows you to own your .22LRs and nuggets, let alone your AR-15s and shit.
Speaking as a liberal, eat a dick. Eat an entire buffet line of dicks.
>>
So can someone explain how the Hughes amendment passed when it was voted down?
>>
>>30594654
Finally, another real liberal. Liberalism is about fuckin' LIBERTY. RIGHT IN THE NAME, PEOPLE.
>>
>>30594656
Shot in the dark but I think OP's image was a vote to repeal it.
>>
>>30594656
Government corruption, like worth many other terrible laws
>>
File: tankcandyv2.png (100 KB, 382x319) Image search: [Google]
tankcandyv2.png
100 KB, 382x319
>>30594631

One classic hyperbole used to test the limits of the 2nd Amendment is: "should an individual be allowed to purchase a nuclear weapon?"

The answer to this question is, in fact, "yes." Just because the government has invested considerable time and wealth into the creation of increasingly-destructive weaponry does not make it correspondingly more trustworthy. It has availed itself of terrible means towards the end of taking lives, and thus made itself more fearful in the eyes of the public. Though the acquisition of high-end military hardware for private use is ultimately impractical, even for the wealthiest of individuals, weapons such as tanks, combat aircraft, cruise missiles, etc. are just as morally neutral as a hunting rifle or a revolver.

In allowing the government, but not the public, to acquire weapons like these, the public has implicitly decided to trust the government more than itself. This is absurd, as trusting the government is tantamount to placing confidence in an individual that has become a slave to debt and bribery--a situation that would make us question the character and stability of that individual.
>>
File: assaultGoat.jpg (84 KB, 500x372) Image search: [Google]
assaultGoat.jpg
84 KB, 500x372
>>30594704
I like the cut of your jib, but I can't help but feel that such an argument wouldn't go over well with your average person that's more or less neutral on gun issues.
>>
>>30594878
>Daisy 853Cs strapped to a goat
I really need the story behind this picture.
>>
>>30594303
>>30594303
no I'm gonna judge you.
>hurr I voted dems
>I love guns and freedom but the inciting and encouraging riots was the last
You're pretty dense desu.
4/10 would slowly erode your constitutional rights with patriot act and NDAA
>>
>>30594303
I'm not going to jump your shit over this confession. You are in the process of maturing (like we all hopefully are). I applaud your willingness to consider evidence and update your opinion/beliefs.

I think this is what we should be fighting for. Breaking down the tribal instinct to blindly support 'your team'. Certainty breeds evil. Blind support is the birthplace of fascism.

Thanks for finding your brain and using it.
>>
People take the Hughes Amendment for granted. It won't simply "be repealed" because it seems successful.

Best way to chew away at the NFA bullshit is to start with the stupidest bullshit and work from there -- silencers and SBRs, and continue ratcheting up to 3-shot bursts -- easy to reason because then it effectively turns a 30-round, standard capacity magazine from a "30-man killing accessory" into a "10 man killing accessory" in the eyes of your typical fright fighter.
>>
>>30594704
I suppose at the same time, if you can afford to purchase and maintain nuclear weapons, you wont be the average man anyway, you will either be soros-tier rich or a nation state.
>>
When do you Americans have senate elections again? Are the Republicans expected to gain more seats or lose some?
>>
>>30585743
>Full-auto weapons are a privlidge, not a right.

Ya blew it.
>>
>>30595265

Half up in November, other half up in 2018 midterms.

Right now Republicans are set for a net gain in both the Senate and House, while are projected to fail to capture the White House, ironically.
>>
>>30595301
Im not really an expert on US politics but the senate seems more important than the whitehouse.

HasnĀ“t Obama been trying and failing for 8 years to push some form of gun control and right after orlando, 4 gun control bills were voted against in the senate.

TL;DR Having a majority in the senate is better than having the whitehouse?
>>
>>30595357
Yes the Senate has the most power, though undermined by the Supreme Court and a growing power of the presidency.
>>
>>30595398
>Supreme Court
I always forget that the president can appoint supreme court judges. That seems like the biggest worry if Hillary wins.
>>
>>30595357

Yes and no.

Senate is great for entrenching positions. If you have a majority in the senate it is completely impossible to railroad any legislation you don't agree with through.

Hypothetically if the Republicans lose the election to Hillary, they could refuse to nominate a SCOTUS Justice for 4 entire years.

That being said, unless they have a supermajority in both the Senate and House, the Republicans can't pass any legislation, either.

Gridlock, basically, 4 more years of status quo.
>>
>>30585743
t. Alex C. from TFB TV
>>
File: 1453253727304.jpg (12 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1453253727304.jpg
12 KB, 240x240
>>30585743
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvV6OgbasbU
>>
>>30595410
This and this alone is why Trump MUST win for us to keep the 2A safe.

>>30595421
>Hypothetically if the Republicans lose the election to Hillary, they could refuse to nominate a SCOTUS Justice for 4 entire years.
They have repeatedly shown that they don't have the balls to do this.
>>
>>30594950
>>30594878
"Where a goat can go, a man can go. And where a man can go, he can drag a gun." - William Phillips
>>
>>30593658
Then why can't you go down to your FLGS and buy a full-giggle M16 right off the shelf?
>>
>>30595762
Because the last two generations fucked up.
>>
>>30594303
Good job. You have finally recognized that something is amiss and completely wrong. Go join your County Republican Party and start talking to other people. It is (And I have maintained this for a long time), far easier to change the Republican Party because of the lack of significant moneyed interests at the State and Local level. Go make an impact or at least try and change something.
>>
>>30585743
This whole fucking thread is why it will never happen.
All you idiots are doing is sperging out and calling everything you don't agree with bait.
You idiots are why I support gun control, because you can't be trusted to be safe with firearms let alone machine guns.
Quit being poorfags and save up for a pre-86.
If you are unable to leave your moms basement for a job at mcDonalds, there is no point in you owning machine guns.
Plus these anti gun faggots are also right in saying there is nothing in the constitution about them. Implied or not, there is no explicit right.
You morons getting angry isn't helping.
You fucking salt shakers are incapable of rational arguments. I bet you think you should be able to buy hand grenades too.
>>
>>30595250
Imagine the liability insurance
>>
>>30596588
top b8 m8 i r8 8/8
>>
>>30588413

No where in the constitution does it mention freedom of speech either you idiotic cockgobbler
>>
File: oh you are just a treat.jpg (102 KB, 942x547) Image search: [Google]
oh you are just a treat.jpg
102 KB, 942x547
>>30594663
Not really. FDR is the one who appropriated the term. Before that, they were 'progressives'. The term comes to us from the European enlightenment and meant anyone who was for freedom, laissez faire capitalism and elected governments. This actually causes endless confusion when Euros try to watch our politics because, to them, the term liberal describes... someone like a Republican who we label conservative! Anyway, now that the liberals-who-originally-termed-themselves-progressive-liberals have burnt up that term, they're going back to progressive because anyone who remembers the original negative connotations of that word ie: Church ladies smashing up the saloon that you worked your whole life to build because that will solve ALL the problems.

And you don't know any of this and your rationale is "But it says liberty right their in the word"? Well, this is why you became a liberal. Because like a ten dollar thai lady boy, you can be this easily bought and this easily fucked.
>pic related.

See, this is why you're a liberal. Because you're ignor
>>
>>30588416
>It might not happen tomorrow, the day after or the next day but very soon there will be major changes to the gun laws.
That's a certainty.

>It more than likely will be for our benefit rather than the gun grabbers.
I doubt it unless the media's 1A rights are heavily infringed upon by the state. The leftist media will ensure that only the gungrabber's side is ever treated equitably.
>>
>>30596588
>sperging out this hard
Don't burst a blood vessel, kid. Looks like you have anger problems so I think you should turn your firearms in to the nearest Clinton Foundation funded FEMA camp before you hurt yourself.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.