[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
whats the point of using the bayonet in this day and age? isnt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: memenets.jpg (38 KB, 605x328) Image search: [Google]
memenets.jpg
38 KB, 605x328
whats the point of using the bayonet in this day and age? isnt it much easier just to pull the trigger?
>>
That only works if you have ammunition.
>>
>>30584153
I think you answered your own question OP
>>
>>30584153
Large smores.
>>
Let me put this in terms your retarded ass can understand:

>wut hapen wen gun no go bang no more? wut do wen achmed stand in frunt of me an no time to put more boolit in gun? gud thing gun is pointy
>>
>>30584173
>>30584188
then reload?
>>
its more of a vestigial practice but practically, its about maximizing usage
>you have a knife
>you have a knife that also attaches to your rifle if needed and you are trained in its usage
its better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
>>
>>30584198
>lol I can't read
Did you make this thread just so we can all laugh at how stupid you are?
>>
>>30584198
Yes, dumbass. Because reloading is just as fast as stabbing your enemy in the belly.
>>
>>30584198

While Ahmed cuts your fucking head off? Are you stupid?
>>
>>30584153
To take ground, fampai. A bayonet is really just the natural evolution of the spear, and thus represents the peak of

>GET THE FUCK OUT OR I WILL STAB YOU WITH A STICK

If you must charge a position, keep people away from a position, or just generally force people to flee a bayonet remains the most simple and effective tool.
>>
>>30584153
Bayonets need to be made slightly longer, especially for carbines
>>
>>30584218
but stabbing the enemy in the belly with a knife wont kill him anon
he will still be alive and will probaly react to what you did, like pulling off a side arm and shooting you in the face.
>>
>>30584153
In case you're being serious. Bayonet training is good for a soldier's psychological state- it heightens aggression and confidence. It also provides another potential tool in battle. Are you retarded?
>>
>>30584228
how is ahmed going to cut my head off?
first of all, ahmed would much more likely want to kill me with a bullet or a grenade rather than charging at me with a sword or whatever, as you are suggesting
second, in the unlikely event that this happens, ahmed has to get really close to me to attack me, and in the meantime, i can just pull out my handgun or whatever and put some bullets on his face.
third, even if i'm 100% unarmed, i still have fire team members who can shoot him as he advances. and thats if i'm not with a 8 man rifle squad.
>>
>>30584153
>>30584198
>>30584240
>>30584290
Wow, you are fucking retarded.
>>
>>30584285
This. Nobody bayonets people anymore but you still need to be able to instill discipline and aggression in your troops
>>
>>30584240
You really are a fucking idiot. If you get stabbed with a giant bayonet in the belly, you are going to go down. If you have no ammo in your gun what the hell are you supposed to do? It's a last resort tool, idiot. Yeah let's just tell your enemy that's 5 feet away to hold on a second while you reload.

>Durr why have a pistol if your rifle can kill better, isn't it obsolete?

That's essentially what you're saying you damn moron.
>>
>>30584317
I was talking to an Aussie bloke who is a Commando and has spent plenty of time in the sand pit.

He told me he has had to bayonet a few cunts when kicking in doors.
>>
>>30584153
http://www.businessinsider.com/the-most-famous-bayonet-charge-of-modern-conflict-2012-10?IR=T
>>
>>30584333
yeah maybe we should start giving bows to our marines too just in case
>>
>>30584348
I guess in your world, hand to hand combat doesn't exist you cock stain. I can't wait until summer is over so you can start the 5th grade.
>>
>>30584333
>If you get stabbed with a giant bayonet in the belly, you are going to go down.
That's not true.
If you get stabbed in the belly like that you won't instantly die and it's needless to say what are the consequences of this for both parties involved.
>If you have no ammo in your gun what the hell are you supposed to do?
First of all, do you even know how much ammo they give to front line grunts? How many 556 magazines each one of them carries?
Second, you typically ask for some 3 more mags from your buddy WHEN YOU ARE STARTING TO RUN LOW on ammo.

>It's a last resort tool, idiot.
And as I'm saying you have to be a special kind of unlucky and stupid idiot to get yourslef into this kind of situation.

>Yeah let's just tell your enemy that's 5 feet away to hold on a second while you reload
How the fuck did they get 5 feet close to me in the first place?
Most firefights have a ~300m area radius, so the only case where this is plausible is fighting in a building, and in which case you don't simply walk in empty on all your guns.
>>
>>30584317
They're also effective when you are shit out of luck with ammunition and for crowd control during riots. Check Iraq and Afghamistan
>>
>>30584359
no u xD
>>
>>30584401
>THEY WON'T RUN OUT OF AMMUNITION IN BATTLE!!1!1!1!1!!
Guess what, sonny? Shit happens and logistics can be a complete shitball. Better have it and not need it than not have it and need it. Not to mention its effective use in dispersing crowds of achmeds and hajis. Not to mention Close Wuarter Combat in cities and tight spaces require potential use of fighting hand to hand. Why the fuck do you thinl the US military phased out rifles for carbines, dumbass.
>http://www.businessinsider.com/the-most-famous-bayonet-charge-of-modern-conflict-2012-10

>https://www.gov.uk/government/news/bayonet-charge-foils-enemy-ambush

>https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/2chambers/wp/2012/10/23/allen-west-we-used-bayonets-in-iraq-and-horses-in-afghanistan/

>http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/885829/post

>http://www.casi.org.uk/discuss/2003/msg03630.html
>>
>>30584401
The one stabbed in the belly is on the end of a rifle attached to a knife where he cant easily move forward as it probably hurts a bit. I would guess he is also too preoccupied to think of his sidearm he most likely does not even have. He wont die, but sure as hell he will go down.
>>
>>30584401
>Being this dumb
>Thinking all combat happens at a distance greater than 25 meters
>Why the fuck does the military teach hand to hand combat in the first place?
>Implying I said that they'd instantly die if they got stabbed, not realizing I just said they'd go down.
>Again, being this dumb

I guess no soldiers need martial arts training, what's the point if it will never happen right guys right?

Kill yourself.
>>
>>30584522
>what's the point if it will never happen
i dont know neither, care to explain?
>>
>>30584554
Just like what a previous anon said "it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have one". It's one of those worst case scenario situations. Say you're in a situation where you have no ammo, in a heavy bogged down firefight, and people start slamming in doors to try to capture you or kill you or something? What are you gonna just use your awesome martial arts kicks to Jackie chan all of them? You edgy bastard, if you put a knife on the end of a rifle, you have a short spear. Spears have been around since the dawn of man, it's primal but effective. Yeah, great we have technology but sometimes technology fails and we have to resort to other items, such as a blade. Saying there is no use in a bayonet, is like saying knifes have no use. A bayonet can be used for other purposes too, but if it's used as a weapon, you have a range greater than a knife which is much more effective.

Are you really this dumb? I can't believe people like you exist.
>>
File: 1463434857061-k.jpg (25 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1463434857061-k.jpg
25 KB, 400x300
Fuck this thread and everything it represents
>>
>>30584459

They were ambushed, charged 80 meters over open ground, and did not get mowed down. Doesn't that have more to do with Achmed being fucking retarded than with the bayonet being any good?
>>
>>30584317
>Nobody bayonets people anymore
I wouldn't call Arabs people but the British get a fair amount of stabbing in.
>>
I mean why not have bayonets? Especially the OKC 3S which is basically a field knife that can be mounted to your rifle. You already need to carry it so why not?
>>
>>30584743
>Doesn't that have more to do with Achmed being fucking retarded than with the bayonet being any good
No, it does not.
>>
>>30584153
because there are some times when a pull of the trigger does not have the desired result
>>
>in a war
>bad guys charge in on horseback
>want to shoot but trigger discipline
>>
>>30584153
>"Who needs a knife in a nuke fight anyway? All you gotta do is push a button!"

"The enemy cannot push A button if you disable his hand! MEDIC!"
>>
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1393355/Hero-Gurkha-handed-bravery-medal-Queen-said-I-thought-I-going-die--I-tried-kill-I-could.html
>>
Bayonet charges are used to scare the literal shit out of any enemy. Cousin was a para in Falklands during 1982, told me a story of how there was a bayonet charge and all the argies dropped their rifles instead of firing at the blokes charging at them
>>
File: 1468043247675.jpg (247 KB, 1224x1445) Image search: [Google]
1468043247675.jpg
247 KB, 1224x1445
Jesus, it's the caseless minigun guy again.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.