[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /k/, is there a guide to the 3 types of actions that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: actionguideblank.jpg (119 KB, 884x1345) Image search: [Google]
actionguideblank.jpg
119 KB, 884x1345
Alright /k/, is there a guide to the 3 types of actions that a pistol can have? If not, lets make one.
>>
File: actionguidedraft.jpg (332 KB, 884x1345) Image search: [Google]
actionguidedraft.jpg
332 KB, 884x1345
Misspellings aside, this about accurate?
>>
what about triple action?
>>
>>30583916
That comes next time on Dragon Ball Z.
>>
>>30583890
You forgot triple action, and the difference between single action strikers (XD) and 1.5 action ones (Glock, S&W).

Also you are retarded, plenty of DA guns can be carried cocked and locked, there are at least five types of DA semiauto I can think of:

safety/decocker (like the beretta 92)
safety OR decocker (like the CZ 52)
safety that can only engage while cocked (like a CZ 75)
safety that can engage either way (CZ Shadow)
decocker (like most sigs and HKs, and half the CZ models)
Double action only no safety (like a ruger LCP)

I don't know of any DAO guns with a safety or
>>
>>30583906
>striker fired
>inherently safe
Holy shit this meme.

A glock is roughly as safe as any gun with a firing pin block and as shitty and obnoxious a trigger as a glock has got.

I'm not sure, but I think the main reason glocks have a 1.5 action is because it simplifies the design of the drop/knock safety vs a normal firing pin block.

Either way, ultimately if you pull above the weight of the trigger it fucking fires, DA, SA, or striker fired, if you don't, it don't, unless it's a series 70 1911 off safe or something that isn't safe for carry.
>>
>>30584024
Forgot LEM triggers where you decock the hammer but the hammer spring is still cocked somehow by magic, that way when you pull the trigger it is super light but has to travel the full distance of a DA pull, and if the gun is not cocked, for instance after a dud round, it can be pulled as a legitimate double action.
>>
>>30583916
>gun fires as trigger resets as well as when it depresses

triple action get rekt safety

basically 2rd burst it would actually be really cool
>>
>>30584568
That isn't what triple action is.

Triple action is a system for hammer down single action (AKA light double action) whereby the hammer is cocked by a separate spring which is released by pulling the trigger a short distance.

Essentially this means that the first shot is an SA pull that is long like a DA pull.

The LEM trigger also accomplishes this but in a different fashion.
>>
>>30583890
you're forgetting revolvers and a lot of other actions
>>
>>30584605
Some people get triggered when you insinuate that revolvers are pistols.

Lever delayed blowback (luger action), linear blowback (C96 and nambu action), and other systems like that tend to be simple single action guns, some have safeties, some don't, some can be carried with the hammer back, some can't.
>>
>>30584497

LEM triggers are like fucking quantum physics to me.

Shit is baffling. God damn those germans are crafty.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.