[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Underbarrel Shotgun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
Some might laugh, some might cry, but I've got a serious question about a working underbarrel shotgun attachment for a pistol. Got the idea after seeing the picrelated on Battlestar Galactica. If something like that was attached to the picatinny rail and was chambered for a 12ga or smaller would it have a chance of working without ripping off the rail, assuming the metal was thick enough? Of course the shot would go everywhere and slugs would not go far since the barrel is virtually nonexistent but the concept seems pretty badass. Thoughts?
>>
They had that in Kingsman too. Neat
>>
>>30582067
>chambered for a 12ga
.410 would be workable and you might be able to fit 2 rounds. it would effectively be a point blank noise maker and wouldn't really be super lethal. might be able to have a 1-time breaching aguila mini shell load somehow though which can be handy.
>>
>>30582067

12 gauge in a handgun would be exceedingly...unpleasant. Not a good idea.
>>
You would destroy the frame and have no ballistics whatsoever in a barrel less than 6".

That, and there's literally no point in putting one on there. You can already shoot someone with. Your gun.
>>
>>30582087
16ga works at least with black powder, look up the LeMat revolver.
>>
File: le mat.jpg (71 KB, 639x384) Image search: [Google]
le mat.jpg
71 KB, 639x384
>>30582067
>neva been dun befo

Look up the Le Mat revolver
>>
>>30582087
>>30582104
The one real benefit I can see is the fact that there is a great variety of what can go inside a shotshell. Slugs, shot, flare, dragon breath, not to mention any high-tech stuff they might have in the near future.
>>
>>30582097
That's what I thought too. But then .410 seems too small.
>>
In the show they used it to shoot explosive rounds in close-quarter combat against armored targets.
>>
The thing about Five-seveN is it's rail is made out of plastic, which, ballistics aside, is the the main functional problem here.
>>
>>30582067
If you have a metal framed gun with a metal rail you might be able to fit some manner of 20 gauge single shot there.

Don't know if there are 20 gauge minishells, maybe make your own cut down wax slugs.

Might want to go with a pistol featuring a long frame and slide, so you could actually fit some barrel length and a choke.

Also this would be an AOW of some sort.

>>30582158
>slug
Would maul the frame.

>shot
Questionable practicality, maybe wax slugs made from birdshot.

>dragon's breath
Literally a meme, no real offensive capabilities.

>Flares
Could work, I guess.
>>
>>30582158
The ONLY thing that could be useful is a beanbag round. But then there might not be enough rifling to get it to expand properly, which basically turns it into a slug.
>>
>>30582067
The idea's been done before IRL but it never really caught on. I don't know if pic related is a prop, but I like to think not.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.