[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Came into a fuckton of money
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 22
So I just came into a shit ton of money, and live in Hawaii currently. I plan on buying for my first purchase a big plot of land somewhere in the mountains of Colorado or Montana and building a small home where I can live out peacefully.

Basically I want to buy a couple of big dogs in the woods and write music playing guitar and mostly own a fuck ton of guns. I know nothing about guns but I really want something that looks like pic related. Gonna drop at least 250k on guns cause fuck it I can now. Any recommendations on what I should get?

I want a shotguns, pistols, rifles, snipers, etc.

What would be a setup to start and again money is no real issue for me anymore, I want the top tier quality gear.

Thanks

Also sorry for not knowing shit, not even sure if pic related would be good or not just looks aesthetic as fuck
>>
just an FYI colorado isn't the friendliest gun state
>>
>>30579558
Really? shit thought it was cause theater shooting, any recommendations for most beautiful mountains and somewhat cheap land?
>>
>>30579542
Congratulations.

Don't buy a bunch of shit you don't need. Get one full battery -- a scoped modern rifle, a shotgun, and a handgun, with ample ammunition for each. Handle them before you buy. Buying on looks is the way to sadness and disillusionment. Ergonomics is everything in a lot of cases, and more especially when you're new to the shooting sports and trying to develop good habits.
>>
>>30579542
Have fun being a broke ass nigger in a couple of years!
>>
Well, personally, I'd recommend not buying a shit ton of guns until you know you actually like guns.

What you'll find is there are some extremely popular guns and designs that are ubiquitous and relatively cheap.

Big money is usually reserved for rarities; the collector rather than the enthusiast.

I would recommend not moving to Colorado, and taking a few gun classes with firing ranges. Most ranges allow rentals, and it's relatively easy to try out a large amount of guns in a short time.
>>
I'd go for Montana out of those 2 choices. Colorado has their gay ass mag laws and since the whole pot thing land has become even more over priced.

t. Colorado resident
>>
Go for Colorado since montana's full
>>
>>30579592
Thanks, pretty stoked to get out of this place

That sounds like its probably true. What is your opinion on silencers?

Also what the best way to learn proper shooting techniques? Private teacher? Again not too concered about cost.

>>30579613
Lol dude I already have a financial advisor who says I have ample money also I'm not a nigger so I won't spend it on retarded stuff like chains and expensive cars or drugs.
>>
>>30579626
Got it, I'll definitely think about that.
>>
>>30579650
famous last words
>>
>>30579570
Northern Idaho comes to mind.
>>
File: PWS_MOD2_MK116_RIGHT_WHITE_001.jpg (635 KB, 4240x2832) Image search: [Google]
PWS_MOD2_MK116_RIGHT_WHITE_001.jpg
635 KB, 4240x2832
Opinions on PWS? Pic related

>>30579690
Ill check it out.
>>
>>30579650
Financial advisor is smart. If I came into a shitton of dosh I would probably invest half of it right away since I'm young.

On topic I'd say get some range time first before buying everything up and look into things that may disappear because of Shillary.
>>
>>30579650
>"financial advisor"
>he thinks this means anything
Please tell me he's already had you stick all your money in some mutual fund he gets a huge cut for.
>>
>>30579775
Fucking lol no I don't go to those guys that benefit no matter what. Mutual funds have to be the gayest things ever. My friend who is a finance Masters told me to go with the people that are legally obliged to help you. Mutual funds are for cucks. I just needed someone to help me manage my money so I don't go off being Nigger rich.
>>
Some machining and engineering classes along with machine tools would be super valuable once you've gotten established. I'm thinking vertical end mill, lathe and surface grinders. Maybe CNC and manual machines.

If you want to make shit or fix things yourself that is.
>>
>>30579542
Stay in hawaii

The girls are better
>>
>>30579906
Tired of half asians lol

Gun laws are shit, government is the slowest in existence also in its own way very corrupt, some of the worst traffic in the US, getting over crowded, losing its character, even though I love surfing its not worth the cost. I'm miserable here as weird as that sounds. If you are living in hawaii its only good if you are well off the jobs are shit here and its way too expensive. I honestly think its going to get worse with time also. Now that I do have money I payed off my parents place and bought a small condo in Waikiki in case I ever come back for whatever reason, Got my masters now I'm gonna GTFO
>>
>>30579542
>only child
>rich dad sick with cancer
>remarries month before he dies
>I get fuck all
fuck my life. Congrats and good luck, anon. make sure you don't get fucked by some money manager
>>
>>30579960
Good choice, Kaimuki fag here.
Would love to buy a plot somewhere in said states and innawoods it with many /guns/ and come back to my nice condo in waiks.

Take some classes here though, handgun safety course, shoot some rifles and shotguns at kokohead figure out what you like before going fullretard.

Im a huge sig fan if money were no option MCX for long range, p226, p320 for handgun and a mossie 500 or remington 870 would be plenty for starters. Good luck
>>
File: gau-17-gatling-gun-005-ts600.jpg (45 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
gau-17-gatling-gun-005-ts600.jpg
45 KB, 600x400
>>30579542
>money is no object
buy an M134
>>
File: p220_osprey.jpg (3 MB, 5184x3456) Image search: [Google]
p220_osprey.jpg
3 MB, 5184x3456
>>30579542
good taste in pistols.
>>
>>30580097
Fuck I hate how coco head is the only place lol. Cheeee I'm diamond head 96815 boiiiii

Yeah I bought a small loft with diamond head view in one of the ward village Anaha apartments. Which is hilarious cause a year ago I called them disgusting but now that I have money I bought one so quick haha
the ala moana ones are really gross though who would want to live right next to nordstrom
>>
>>30580210
Lol Idk maybe, just to have one lol
>>
>>30580033
sorry dude, that sucks
>>
>>30579592
There's no real reason to buy a shotgun when you can get an autoloading rifle and a handgun.
>>
>>30580437
I've always wanted a Remington 870 or Mossberg. Just to have one
>>
>>30579542
>So I just came into a shit ton of money,
Tell us the deets OP

Inheritance? Lawsuit? Lottery? Dug up a chest on the beach filled with dubloons?
>>
>>30579542
Make sure you secure a source of constant income too like by buying some rental property and then having a property management company do all the work that way all you have to do is collect checks
>>
>>30580447
Okay, I'll concede that as a real reason.

But with 250k worth of gun budget you can buy a fucking Ma Deuce, I've seen one listed on Armslist for 20k before with some ammo thrown in. Or a grenade launcher. Gyrojet. Some classic or famous gun. I mean, sky's the limit at this point.
>>
File: k2r7Eq1.jpg (42 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
k2r7Eq1.jpg
42 KB, 640x480
>>30580411
Appreciate it, anon, maybe for the best. Would've been nice to have grad school paid for but I'm trying to be a city cop anyway so whatever not like I was going to be Mike Lowry but extra cash wouldn't hurt.
>>
>>30580471
To piggyback on this idea, you could start your own gun shop that deals in class 3 weapons and buy whatever illegal-to-normies weapons you want at dealer prices, just sell a few to the state's cops every year. You don't even have to manage it, you're rich and can hire someone else to, you just grab one of your inventory guns to "run tests on" whenever you want on your land.
>>
>>30579650
>Also what the best way to learn proper shooting techniques? Private teacher?
Go to Thunder Ranch. Clint Smith is the real thing, and he and all the people working for him are friendly as hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-DVHIKTn1g
>>
buy 250 WASR-10s and a shitload of ammo and start your own private army of NEETs from /k/
>>
File: 1467663287808.jpg (1010 KB, 1496x2400) Image search: [Google]
1467663287808.jpg
1010 KB, 1496x2400
Pic related
>>
>>30580504
At long last, /k/ can march on Washington!
>for about a quarter of a mile before most of the fatbeards fall out
>>
File: 1465449851471.jpg (196 KB, 525x1188) Image search: [Google]
1465449851471.jpg
196 KB, 525x1188
Congrats, however - don't be a retard. Fuck Colorado - it's gun laws suck and it has its own income tax. Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Washington and Wyoming do not. Also look for an area with low property taxes.

>Gonna drop at least 250k on guns cause fuck it I can now.

Stupid. This is how basketball americans in sports and the music industry become broke. First things first hire an account/financial adviser because you're about to be raped in the ass on taxes.

Banks don't provide an interest rate that even counters the inflation rate so you'll want low-risk and diversified investments.

Also, mother fucking prenuptial contracts in the event you'll get married.
>>
>>30580374
Rajah.. Theres another place I go shoot indoor sometimes Honolulu firearms on queen st they have an indoor range and you can rent some handguns, buy ammo and shoot and see how you like it.

OGC tactical has the best selection but they are dicks and unless you know exactly what you want i wouldn't go to them for advise.

Honolulu firearms guys will at least humor you with some good conversation, they are pretty cool. I recommend having your rifle and handgun permit ready to go when your shopping so they take you seriously. They also offer the handgun class with a good instructor focused on home defense, they let you shoot glock, sig, and hk vp9 handguns for that. Good luck
>>
>>30580536
>First things first hire an account/financial adviser because you're about to be raped in the ass on taxes

nah, government takes its cut before you get yours. and it if its life insurance, no taxes. yes, he'll pay on dividends next year.
>>
>>30579542

With that money, may as well buy a couple of full autos. They're the 2nd best investments behind gold/silver.
>>
File: loaded ex.png (104 KB, 911x901) Image search: [Google]
loaded ex.png
104 KB, 911x901
>>30580536
>Also, mother fucking prenuptial contracts in the event you'll get married.
I would strongly advise not stopping there. Money should be in an offshore account or in a trust (or one of the other ways that OP's financial advisor friend can suggest). Prenups can and regularly do get overturned as "unfair"--apparently fucking a guy and doing a bit of housework for a few years entitles you to half of everything he ever has and will own even if your divorce is because you cheated on him, and even if he loses his high paying job you still deserve what he was making when he had it, every month.

Don't trust the prenup, it's better if she never even knows you're loaded. Pic related is a much better way to go.
>>
File: full auto faggotry.jpg (491 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
full auto faggotry.jpg
491 KB, 2048x1536
>>30580579
Unless Trump wins and Hollis vs Holder goes to the SCOTUS with a worthy replacement for Scalia and (whichever liberal justice(s) is sure to croak soon).
>>
>>30580624
I have no faith that any and especially not all of the current conservative justices would rule in favor of machine guns.
>>
>>30580607
>getting married ever

girlfriend status for life. live with it honey!
>>
>>30580640
The only current conservative justice is Thomas, and he would. The others are moderates at best. Roberts fucking ruled in favor of Obamacare, letting the state mandate citizens to buy something, FFS.
>>
>>30580666
You my friend will be rudely surprised by the Common Law Spouse laws in most states. The tl;dr version being: she lives with you for X years, she counts as your wife for alimony if you split. If you can truly never get attached and just cycle out for a new girl every half a year or whatever, then sure. I did hear one rich guy promoting something of the sort, where rather than girlfriends he's basically a sugar daddy who hires girls to stay with him and "work on special projects" with him for 3-6 months at a time, then sends them on their way; he described it as the cheapest way to have regular sex that he'd ever determined.
>>
>>30580695
that's why you get a girl who ears as much money as you do. then she can never sue you for alimony because she's in no way dependent on you.

and in a common law marriage, typically all the assets that are solely in my name are mine to keep.
>>
>>30580732
>not getting a girl that makes more than you and becoming a kept man that does nothing but shoot and fuck all day long.
>>
>>30579542
Look up TrackingPoint. Show off at ranges with 1000yd+ lanes. At night. Without even looking downrange.
>>
>>30579542

gib moni pls
>>
File: sandy.jpg (29 KB, 605x387) Image search: [Google]
sandy.jpg
29 KB, 605x387
>>30580759
Like this guy?
>>
>>30580774

>Squad-Level Precision-Guided 5.56 Service Rifle
>$9,995
Well, my dick.
>>
>>30580830
whois?
>>
>>30579570
Wyoming hits both counts pretty well. Just avoid the eastern half of the state and you're all set.
>>
>>30579650
>silencers
expensive, but awesome to have if you have a quiet spot to go shooting by yourself. If I had money to just blow on nothing important, I'd get a full-size handgun in .45 and a can. Can't think of a better range toy.
>>
>>30581007
>Can't think of a better range toy.
hello james bond. i own one of those and a private spot to shoot and a sbr 9mm ar. they're both fun but if i had to pick one it'd be the 9mm ar sbr.
>>
File: mk 23 with a can.jpg (15 KB, 504x352) Image search: [Google]
mk 23 with a can.jpg
15 KB, 504x352
>>30581065
when you need to choose a pistol caliber carbine or
>>
>>30581121
oh dont get me wrong, they're fun. thats my full sized 45 >>30580240 and its great. but for a range toy, it cant beat dumping 32 rounds of 9mm on a sbr with a red dot.
>>
>>30581174
different strokes, I guess. If I need to use a forward grip on a weapon, I want it to try and beat the shit out of me. I got enough playful taps from my .22 as a kid.
>>
File: super shorty_.jpg (2 MB, 5184x3456) Image search: [Google]
super shorty_.jpg
2 MB, 5184x3456
>>30581179
9mm ars are blow back. they dont beat the shit out of you but it lets you know its there. if you want to kill your hands get one of pic related.
>>
I was thinking of hiring a camera crew and recording my progress and experience for a couple years and dedicating a youtube channel for it. Just making high quality videos even if only a couple people watch.

Also does anyone like archery here? I'm into bow hunting but all there is here is pigs so not too much. I use a bear kodiak takedown. What is /k/ opinion on traditional archery?
>>
>>30580477
Cops are underappreciated these days and it makes me sad, good on you and good luck.

>>30580695
thats genius might do that.

>>30580513
lol no way im going to be that anal about guns I just want a couple of awesome setups and all of it to be quality.

>>30580536
Thanks Yeah i'm not stupid with my money don't worry.
>>
>>30580845
Don't forget the $8K thermal attachment, or the shooting glasses with the monitor.
>>
File: .eric sees.jpg (69 KB, 562x530) Image search: [Google]
.eric sees.jpg
69 KB, 562x530
>Poll: Should we trade in Hawaii's statehood for Puerto Rico's?
>>
What the fuck does this kind of thing actually happen
>>
>>30579542
>live in Hawaii
>wants to live in the mountains of CO
Dude no, you'll hate it.
>>
File: PIT-2015.png (128 KB, 850x741) Image search: [Google]
PIT-2015.png
128 KB, 850x741
>>30580536
>it's gun laws suck
lololololol
>and it has its own income tax
You mean like pretty much every other state?
>>
File: 1464599645965.jpg (17 KB, 404x303) Image search: [Google]
1464599645965.jpg
17 KB, 404x303
>>30581587
Jesus fucking wept SC is 7%? I mean NC isn't much better but I'm going to quit complaining about it to my buddies from Rock Hill, fuck me. The fuck do they do with all those taxes? The roads are all shit, schools are fucked, the whole state pretty much has no laws. Where is the tax money going? I'm legitimately baffled right now.
>>
>>30581587
>California
>13%
FUCKING kill me I hate my state so much
>>
>>30581553
TRUST me I've lived here since day fucking 1 and its just not the same. Lost most of its character and just a hard place to live. Also I prefer mountains and winters over the beach and feeling stuck on a literal island
>>
>>30581587
colorados gun laws do suck with no sign of getting better in the near future.
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 800x178) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 800x178
Ruger lc9 for carry
Glock 21 for car and fun
Fulton armory m1a for home and hunting

Get two of those and send me one.
>>
>>30581692

Lc9s
>>
>>30580695
>Common Law Spouse laws in most states
>common law marriage
>most states
false:
http://www.ncsl.org/research/human-services/common-law-marriage.aspx
>>
>>30581662
>Also I prefer mountains and winters
Are you with literally being trapped at your house for a week or more because there's three feet of snow on the ground or worse? -20-30 temps at night in the winter? It's a great state and the whole "bad gun laws" thing has been a meme ever since the mag ban passed despite that being basically our only gun control law. It's not even enforced and you can go to pretty much any store outside of Denver and buy a 30 round mag. Supposedly some of the sheriffs have even said they'll arrest any peace officer trying to enforce it.

>>30581672
>colorados gun laws do suck
>mag ban that's not enforced in the slightest and might as well not even be on the books because everyone ignores it
>background checks for private sales
>DD's must be registered with the state
>can't travel with a loaded longarm

Those are literally our only state gun laws. We also have

>some of the best home defence laws in the nation
>can CC literally anywhere not forbidden by federal law
>can CC in your car without a license because it's an extension of your home
>can own fucking anything you want, full auto, DD, silencers, etc
>all that national forest land to shoot on
>nobody bats an eye if you OC outside of Denver

>no sign of getting better
Because fucks like you keep telling people how bad they are so instead of getting gun friendly immigrants all we get is the cali shits. And two senators lost their jobs over the mag ban so they haven't dared try to push anything else through.
>>
File: 271.gif (1 MB, 288x198) Image search: [Google]
271.gif
1 MB, 288x198
>>30581710
>our gun laws arent shit
>we have basically the same gun laws as everyone else except for the extra dd registration, a mag ban, nearly universal background checks, and the inability to travel with a loaded longgun
>and in exchange we get things that a good portion of the country have already

your gun laws are shit. deal with it.
>>
File: 1401487873056.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1401487873056.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>30579542
>Gonna drop at least 250k on guns cause fuck it I can now.

prepare to be up to your eyes in debt 15 years from now, dude. But seriously, take this seriously and don't crowd your collection, its going to be an heirloom some day.
>>
>>30581710
enforcement of those laws hasn't quite been nonexistent, but it has most assuredly been lax.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/01/30/colorado-gun-laws-enforcement/5055523/
>A spokesman with Hickenlooper's office didn't respond to inquiries about the magazine law by deadline, but he said the background-check law is working. From July through December, 122 people were denied firearms as a result of the 6,198 background checks made on private firearms transactions.

>Not included in those numbers are people who bought, sold or transferred a gun without going to a gun store to seek a background check. [Larimer Sheriff] Smith said that's because the law lacks a tracking mechanism for the transfer of weapons, leaving his deputies without a way of knowing whether someone violated the law to obtain a firearm.

>"There's no way to know," he said. "So how are police going to get involved in a private transaction in someone's home with a legal piece of property? Obviously, they're not."
>>
>>30581740
Please show me in your state law where it is written in that:

>you can carry into bars, churches, colleges, etc
>you are completely immune from ANY civil or criminal charges whatsoever relating to a home self defense case. IE if you accidentally your neighbor they still can't touch you
>that you are able to CC a pistol inside your vehicle literally any way you want with no duty to inform
>>
>>30581740
I went to Uni in Vermont and understand how cold it gets. Also I said somewhere like colorado or montana not set in stone on Colorado. I was asking for input on good places to live with mountains and beautiful scenery

>>30581748
I have more money than I know what to do with and I'm not gonna go be nigga rich and lose everything like an idiot. Ialready bought most of the extravagent things I want anyways. only thing left is land and cars and guns and cost to build a couple homes. I am smart not a degenerate person who runs into money and blows it all
>>
>>30581769
>duty to inform
remember:
Once you have violated a duty to inform law, you no longer are bound by the law to admit to carrying a firearm due to your 5th Amendment Rights against self incrimination (confessing to violating the duty to inform law).
>>
>>30581769
i dont feel like combing through my state laws for specifics on those things so ill admit that your self defense laws may be marginally better than the 32 other states with stand your ground laws. that still doesnt make your other laws not shit.
>>
>>30581782
Wyoming has solid gun laws, great mountains, and the scenery is great as long as you avoid the parts of the state that look like Nebraska. No state income tax, low population, good prices on land, and part of Yellowstone lives there if you feel like sightseeing.
>>
>>30581790
Thanks senpai, ill check out properties on Zillow haha.
>>
File: 1364832248302.gif (1 MB, 280x210) Image search: [Google]
1364832248302.gif
1 MB, 280x210
>>30581782
>Ialready bought most of the extravagent things I want anyways.
>only thing left is land and cars and guns and cost to build a couple homes.
>only thing left

10 years
>>
>>30579542
A full array of guns and /k/ equipment would cost about 10k - 15k. Get the rest of that money working for you by investing it in something smart. That means stocks, rental houses, whatever, just make sure you spend it on something that could make you money back.

>>30579671
Make this guy eat his words by being smart about your money.
>>
>>30579542

>so i just came into a shitload of money

New fetish found
>>
File: ww2rifles.jpg (4 MB, 6400x1445) Image search: [Google]
ww2rifles.jpg
4 MB, 6400x1445
>>30579542
how many digits in a fuckton? curious
>>
>>30581923
>tfw not even close to having them all
one day
>>
I would probably get a Saiga shotgun, Vepr, M40A1 and a couple of hard ballers for vanity then realize the utilitarian nature of my poor fag collection and continue CC my P-83 unless you`re just humble bragging. Also everyone bitching about you blowing your wad back to the poor house sounds jealous since guns tend to hold or go up in value
>>
>>30580856
sandy cohen from the OC

he was a public defender, but his wife is a real estate tycoon. so he basically surfs all day and takes the occasional case, but drives a bmw 740 and lives in a california mansion
>>
>>30579570
North Georgia.
>>
>>30579542
Don't go to colorado it kinda sucks. Places I have been that I liked are northern ga near augusta, norther arizona flagstaff area, Texas away from the border, and knoxville TN.
>>
File: BurdensMap-01 (1).png (254 KB, 1354x1208) Image search: [Google]
BurdensMap-01 (1).png
254 KB, 1354x1208
>>30581587
To be fair, highest-bracket state income tax only gives a rough comparison, since high percentages may only exist at the highest brackets, and since many states with low or no income tax supplement their income with other exorbitant forms of taxes (sales tax or property tax, usually).

A tax burden map (as a percentage of average income) is a better indicator of how "jewey" a state is
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (82 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
82 KB, 1280x720
>>30581710
>Are you with literally being trapped at your house for a week or more because there's three feet of snow on the ground or worse
Spend some dosh on snow removal. A cheap backhoe and a snowblade. If you live on land, you'll end up using the backhoe for other things anyways.

If you live anywhere in the Rocky Mountains it's basically required. Hell even a pickup truck with a blade would be better than nothing.
>>
>>30580555

kailuafag here, can confirm honolulu firearms has gotten way cooler. they still make you buy their ammo but the guys there at least know their set up and will try to help you out. though they're one of the few gun stores here that will let me buy a gun without a permit; they just hold it for me while i go home and come back just dont take like 2 months to come back for it
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.