[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which determines the strenght of recoil in one pistol? For instance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: WTS17-Report5.jpg (343 KB, 1200x700) Image search: [Google]
WTS17-Report5.jpg
343 KB, 1200x700
Which determines the strenght of recoil in one pistol? For instance I know complex factor like its the caliber and size and weight of the gun, but lets take 9x19 for example how much can I reduce it's recqoil by replacing a stock component in the pistol,?
>>
bunG
>>
>>30575624
partly due to the individual characteristics of the caliber and the cartridge load
>>
Aside from recoil/mainsprings,bullshit handloads and good form, nothing outside of weight or a gas system is going to help.

You can play with perceived recoil and lower muzzle flip or use special buffers, but it depends in your goal
>>
>>30576760
My goal is to slow the recoil down to make it smoother and barely feelable
>>
>>30575624
Physics anon.
Every action has an equal and/or opposite reaction.
Thus, the weight of the bullet, the weight of the slide/barrel system (I it's a locked breech gun) and the weight of the slide are all factors as well as the powder load and the friction between the magazine and the slide and the rails and whatnot.

Essentially, just about everything touching the slide effects recoil.

As for 9x19? Just use the lightest ammo you can find and get a heavier slide spring.
>>
>>30577136
Oh, also, a muzzle break to redirect said actions gasses backwards thus negating even more recoil.

But be aware anon; it's most likely recoil operated and eventually if you get rid of enough it'll become very unreliable even bordering on non-functional.
>>
>>30577136
A lot of USPSA shooters actually prefer a lighter recoil spring and claim that the stock ones cause muzzle dip when the gun returns to battery. It's hard to actually tell of course.
>>
>>30577187
He was asking to reduce felt recoil not muzzle dip/rise.
>>
>>30577213
Fair enough. Just saying because not everyone means the same thing when they say recoil.
>>
>>30577368
Meh.
If that's what he wants then a muzzle break is probably his best bet.

Regardless, the lightest bullets with the least powder he can find will help with either one.
>>
>>30577213
>asking to reduce felt recoil
This is it, in previous thread some anon mentioned to get Luger in .22 short
I'm not sure if he was kidding when he said recoil there was unfeltable..
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 185x338) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 185x338
>>30577493
>unfeltable
How the fuck...?
>>
>>30577493
>unfeltable..
Unable to felt it I guess?
>>
>>30575624
Weight of reciprocating parts, spring strength, bore axis, compensation like ports or muzzle breaks, barrel weights, etc.

Lightening the slide and slapping on a comp is usually how gun ricers go about it.
>>
>>30579166
Why would I lighten the slide?
From what anon said ealier I thought a hevier slide should be required
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.