[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good Pistols for Target Shooting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: target shooting promo pic02.jpg (94 KB, 580x387) Image search: [Google]
target shooting promo pic02.jpg
94 KB, 580x387
What is a reliable pistol that's worth the money I spend on it solely for the purpose of target shooting (no OC or CC because Canuckistan)

Looking for a price lower than 900$ American but all input is appreciated
>>
high end custom 1911
>>
Eurofag here. Pretty much every target shooter in Europe uses a tricked out CZ.
>>
gen3 glock, CZ75, norc 1911, M&P, polymer sigs. anything can be suitable for target shooting, its about what you want an like.
>>
>>30575325
You could get a Canik
I honestly thought they were Canadian at first because Canik sounds like Canuck.
>>
File: hk_mk23_socom_2.jpg (150 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
hk_mk23_socom_2.jpg
150 KB, 640x480
>>30575325
If it's not for self defense then just get something cool or badass. Your pic related (HK MK23) is probably the most badass pistol ever created. My humble opinion.

But >>30575339 this if you want something that's a sweety pie to shoot and plenty accurate.

Another option I would consider is one of the many variants of the Sig P226. I tried the SAO Legion trigger and holy shit. Fucking great trigger. SAO is nice to shoot. Nice light pull, easy to shoot accurately, can keep shooting for a longer time. All of the pistols either are SAO, can be made SAO, or you can buy an SAO variant.
>>
>>30575325
tokarev
>>
>>30575325
i've found the match model of tangfolio t95 to be quite nice.
>>
>>30575358
Maybe for most of /k/
But there are orders of magnitude difference in accuracy between my handguns.
For the record:
Tackdrivers: S&W 629 mountain gun, early 90's Kimber
Pretty good: Raging bull .454, CZ 75B
Not so good: Sig P229, Beretta 92F
>>
>>30575339

Nope, cost of gun and cost of ammo is high also capacity is low.

A target pistol chambered in 22lr

This is a fine choice.

http://ruger.com/products/markIIITarget/specSheets/10159.html

They make a railed version too if you want to run an optic.
>>
>>30575493
.45 is very expensive to shoot as a range toy. I'd recommend op look at ammo prices and do some math to figure annual cost difference for what he wants to do based on ammo prices. This way he knows the budget requirement.

I'd also recommend a larger sized gun too. They easier to shoot and longer barrels are a little quieter.
It also seems like steel rails (like those in a polymer frame pistol) are easier to maintain and hold up the best to wear.

For just shooting a lot and training, you can't beat a duty size polymer 9mm for the above reasons.
If your goal is a prized heirloom, get a Sig p226 and keep the rails greased with good grease.
That is my recommendation.
>>
>>30575527
Shots well for you is as much personal fit as anything. Unless you're clamping it in a vice your little list is meaningless. The 629 mountain gin is fun to shoot though. That is if you don't mind the dollar per round for ammo.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.