[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Subcompact for CC purposes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: Subcompact+1a[1].jpg (329 KB, 1600x1066) Image search: [Google]
Subcompact+1a[1].jpg
329 KB, 1600x1066
Anyone use one of these? Love it or hate it?

Currently CCing a mak. Curious about these because more guns.
>>
Don't like them cause I shot myself in the leg with one once and haven't carried it since.
>>
>>30574990
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Story time nao
>>
>>30574976
If you are used to sweeping the safety down for fire on your Mak, you may not like the fact that you will have to sweep the safety up for fire on the Beretta.
>>
File: dsc05694.jpg_thumbnail1[1].jpg (42 KB, 700x393) Image search: [Google]
dsc05694.jpg_thumbnail1[1].jpg
42 KB, 700x393
Sorry, didn't mention the model. It's a Beretta Storm subcompact.
>>
>>30574999
Good point. I'm sure I can get used to it with some range time.
>>
File: sugoi.jpg (71 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
sugoi.jpg
71 KB, 500x281
I kinda want one because I'm a weeaboo fuck, but the full size shoots like a dream too. Thoughts on the compact and subcompact for CCW?

It's a neat looking gun too. I love the curves on the little bastard.
>>
The Storm subcompact isn't that great, it doesn't have anything that makes the larger PX4s good. Not even the rotating barrel.
If you want to carry a PX4, get a PX4 compact carry.

My favorite CC gun is the Walther PPS. Cheap as hell, comfiest subcompact to shoot with a great trigger and reliable. It's easily as good as the Glock 43, and I think a bit better than the M&P Shield
Shield
>>
>>30575184
Can you explain a little more? It has a totally different action, but so what? There's nothing wrong with the tilting barrel locked breech design.
>>
>>30575209
I think he's simply stating that one of the chief differences between the Px4 and other handguns is the design feature not present in the subcompact. Nothing wrong with it, but it means you're losing one of the reasons to use the gun in the first place.
>>
>>30575223
I don't follow. How is the special snowflake lock up system a "reason to use the gun in the first place"? It seems to me that's just how Beretta builds their guns. If I wanted a special snowflake carry gun, that would be one thing, but most people just want a gun in a certain size class and caliber that works.
>>
>>30575147

What, is that what Canaan used?
>>
>>30574976
>>30574999
>>30575027
The safety is fucking terrible. This coming from a guy who actually likes the 92/M9 safety. On the 92, the levers are a good size and flip pretty easily and are in a nice spot.

I've never tried the sub compact, but on the full size PX4 there's no way in hell I could get that damn safety off in a stress situation. It's like slippery and sharp. It's a terrible design. If it's all I had I would just carry with the safety off.

Take a look at the P30SK if you want a small DA/SA polymer-framed pistol. It might be a little pricier than you want but they are typically cheaper than standard P30s. And you have other trigger options and variants with and without safeties. Plus dat ergonomic grip.

But really besides the safety I liked the trigger and it kinda felt like a real pistol (not like a toy like a Glock feels), which is rare for a polymer piece, and the recoil was pretty nice. Although I shot the full size .45 though so my comments on recoil should be pretty irrelevant.
>>
>>30575292
It is indeed.
>>
>>30575353

Aha
>>
>>30574995

>carrying an xp-9 subcompact, not on safety and one in the chamber
>carrying in sweatpants pocket
>also have my car keys in there
>walking to my car in my driveway
>kinda forget mentally that I have a gun in my pocket while I'm reaching around for my keys
>BANG
>Ow
>9mm round goes right through my leg and exits just above the back of my knee
>now sitting in my driveway bleeding out like an asshole
>call ambalamps with my cell phone as im cursing my carelessness
>go to hospital, get patched up, bullet missed everything vital, walk out of there on crutches that night.
>>
>>30575589
>carrying in sweatpants pocket
>no holster

Learned a lesson, did we? Glad it didn't do lasting damage.
>>
>>30574976

I was close to getting one once. I think I didn't because the overall height was more than I wanted and I didn't like the slide safety. But it's got a great capacity for it's size.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.