[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will I be cool if I hold the gun sideways, Anon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: k9340145.jpg (5 KB, 270x179) Image search: [Google]
k9340145.jpg
5 KB, 270x179
Will I be cool if I hold the gun sideways, Anon?
>>
File: image.jpg (98 KB, 480x605) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98 KB, 480x605
>>30571343
I see so many idiots doing that at my local range

I live in the middle of nowhere. Stupid wanna-be gang banger white 15 year olds do it and even elderly people. I can't figure out what it so appealing about it.
>>
Frank Castle says no.
>>
>>30571343
why does he do that?
>>
>>30571343
If you ever try shooting a machine pistol out of the window of a moving car at a house, you'll figure out why they hold them like that.
>>
>>30571576
>>30571383

The side-grip method, as seen by the average dindu today, was utilized with other firearms that had unstable recoil. It's also useful to consider ocular dominance - some shooters have to tilt the weapon to utilize their dominant eye. Given the abrupt flow of dominance in films, too, it happens to be utilized for the guys who want to look cool.
>>
What tactical advantage does the "Junk hold" give?
>>
>>30571641
See
>>30571592

The recoil of the slide forces your hand to move in a horizontal direction, rather than a vertical direction as it would with a more traditional grip. This allows you to more easily and effectively spray a house from the block, hitting windows instead of the roof.
>>
>>30571343
Only if you point it at your head.
>>
>>30571641
Busting a nut whilst you bust a cap in another dindu.
>>
File: meow.png (521 KB, 1400x827) Image search: [Google]
meow.png
521 KB, 1400x827
Chinese bandit shooting.
>>
>>30571869
>The recoil of the slide
>>
>>30572006
You see anon, when a semi or fully automatic pistol fires, the force of the round being expended causes the slide to move away from the round with the same amount of force as the gun uses to project the projectile. This movement is called recoil. The part of the gun that moves upon firing is said to be 'recoiling'.
I'm glad I could clear that up for you.
>>
>>30571619
>firearms that had unstable recoil

Or shooters with limp wrists.
>>
>>30571383
It's fun to do stupid things.
>>
>>30571343
you'll cause a dangerous malfunction if you do that.
>>
>>30571869
It will recoil in the path that offers less resistance it's not about the movement of the slide dumbass
>>
File: sideways.jpg (70 KB, 550x413) Image search: [Google]
sideways.jpg
70 KB, 550x413
sheeeeeeiiiit

>captcha: Click all the store fronts.
>>
File: punish0r.jpg (107 KB, 614x461) Image search: [Google]
punish0r.jpg
107 KB, 614x461
>>30571558
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.