[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MSAR...be gone!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1468039445796.jpg (84 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
1468039445796.jpg
84 KB, 500x282
Alright /k/...I am in a pickle. I currently have a MSAR and want to be rid of it. Problem is I either want an AR or an AK as my primary weapon.

Reasons I want an AR.

I have a ton of NATO mags and PMAGS but dont fit the MSAR, hence getting rid of it.

Plenty of aftermarket parts to make it fit what I want.

Have a stock pile of .223.

Why I want an AK.

Reliable, cheap, tough as fuck, parts can be upgraded.

I have scouted the local stores here and have narrowed it down to a few....a LWRC DI, LWRC M6A2, Lewis Machine AR or a Century Arms AK.

Sell me on which one I should get and what are my options. Which one is really worth it.
>>
>armudtest.wav
>akmudtest.wav

Get the AR. It's more reliable. Now git.
>>
>>30569213
Get the AR 15 since you already have stuff for it, you will eventually buy a AK and then just get a WASR.

>Century arms AK are shit.

in time switch out w/e you don't like on your AR and live happy the rest of your life.
>>
>>30569356
Thank you kind Anon.

>>30569376
Which of the AR's I listed, should I go for? Anything other brands I should look into?
>>
>>30569542
Not that anon but...

LWRC is nice Gucci AR
LMT is slightly less Gucci but still on the higher priced side
BCM, Daniel Defense are good value for the money

Buy whatever fits your budget and has features you personally like.
>>
>>30569582
LWRC has a great line called Six8; always wanted a pistol length barrel shooting max pressure 6.8

LMT I trust more then others because IIRC they got the contract for the Mk18 Mod 0 or at least spit a few out - seen their rollmark in armories.
>>
>>30569596
If you're going purely off contract and armory presence, then you could always look for a Colt 6920.
>>
>>30569213
get a PSA kit, or AERO Precision M4E1.
>>
>>30569582
Thank you for the advice. I will look into those as well. Price was, I was going to use the trade in of my MSAR and pay up to $500 difference to buy one. I'll go back to the store and really pay attention to details, pros, cons, etc.
>>
>>30569596
I have looked in LWRC as well. They have a good reputation, but how rare is 6.8? It is really worth the switch? I am curious and will take your opinion into consideration.
>>
Just get a damn AR, you can make a long range precision rifle, or a literal pistol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSd1X6sQUrk

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLuZL9-u8NA

They are very good rifles chambered for a very good round.
>>
Only posting once.

My msar has trucked through tons of abuse, thousands of rounds and little cleaning. Ask anybody who went to PA nuggetfests they can vouch for its quality. I got a good one but i know plenty lemons. Get an AR. Its a nonbullpup version of the msar/aug platform honestly. Functions the same really so itll be familiar.
>>
File: 1468051180353.jpg (73 KB, 495x636) Image search: [Google]
1468051180353.jpg
73 KB, 495x636
>>30570705
My MSAR is decent, but it does not accept reloaded rounds and I'm stuck with the mags that come with the gun. It's not bad, but I figured I can do better, since the company went out of business.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.