[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't there more 1911's chambered in 10mm auto?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (238 KB, 1024x680) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
238 KB, 1024x680
Why aren't there more 1911's chambered in 10mm auto?
>>
>>30567957
Because meme cartridge
>>
>>30567957
Because everyone is still scared of the cracked frame non-issue that was resolved years ago.
>>
>>30567957

1911s or 2011s are some of the most common guns chambered in 10mm.

A better question is just why aren't there more guns chambered in 10mm period.
>>
Short answer: all the money is in 1911s made in more common calibers.

Long answer: 10mm auto is a boutique round. An enthusiast round. The main advantage of it is that it's hot, and that there's shitloads of case real estate for hand loaders to cram more powder in make it even hotter.

It also kicks hard enough that 90% of the public can't place reliable followup shots with it in a reasonable timeframe. This is how .40 S&W was born and why it's so popular - the FBI was poised to move to 10mm as their service round and did so for a little while, but discovered most of their agents couldn't handle it and so progressively under loaded it until someone had the great idea of cutting down on the case length because they weren't using all that extra room anyway.

So it's a very niche market - if you want to shoot 10mm as a self defense round, you get something double stack. It is purely for enthusiasts that like the 1911 design and like the mid-higher end of power you can squeeze out of an autoloader.

Just buy a conversion kit for your existing 1911.
>>
>>30567974
Yet still better than .45acp.
>>
>>30567974
.45 STRONK
>>
10mm is too expensive so no one wants to shoot it

t. guy who wanted a 10mm delta elite but mayne fuck .45 acp is expensive enough and +P loading should be sufficient and it's mild in recoil

still feels bad, might have to convert to .460 Rowland someday

Fuck 9mm fags.
>>
>>30567957
I'd prefer a 1911 in 7.62x25. Also a slightly enlarged Vz.61 in the same.
>>
>>30567957
because 10MM is not logical
a 45 or even a 9mm can get the job done with less recoil

i've shot a 10mm glock and it was very difficult to get tight groupings
while i could shoot 2X the 9mm more accurately.

efficiency is everything
>>
>>30567957
What can't Dan Wesson provide you that you would need more choices?

With 1911's there is the best you can buy before you get to sperg-ey detail stuff, expecting Springfield to make a GI in 10mm is unrealistic.

There are plenty of high end 10mm 1911's for non-poors
>>
>>30567957
Best looking handfun imo.
>>
>>30568033
>>30568340
>>30568490
Can't wait till summer is over
>>
>>30569179
So you can go back to school?
>>
>>30567957
I don't know what you're talking about since there are a lot of 10mm auto pistols are 1911.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.