[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shooting exercises
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (798 KB, 3652x2464) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
798 KB, 3652x2464
For those of you on this board who exercise regularly, what sort of exercises do you do to help you stabilize yourself while shooting?

what exercises help overall marksmanship?

Also,
>post your height and weight
> 6'7, 240lbs
>>
>6'6
>200 pounds
>I'm a cycle maniac and the only exercises I do for platform stabilization is screwing around on the airshit field every Sunday

Don't worry guys, I hate me too
>>
Just smoke a lot of weed and fuck bitches it helps
>>
>5'7"
>160 lbs
>compound lifts and mild cardio

Get off my board manmores.
>>
>>30567817
For marksmanship at long ranges, you can go to ranges at the CMP.

And paintball is fun, but also a good way to practice. It's not perfectly realistic, but it's makes you think about tactics on the go.
>>
File: tumblr_ll1r2krLHX1qjtttio1_1280.jpg (489 KB, 680x1024) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ll1r2krLHX1qjtttio1_1280.jpg
489 KB, 680x1024
Flexibility helps a lot. I recently shot some comps for my battalion's team and me and the other guys who could quickly get really stable in the squat or adopt a sitting position with your ass on the ground but basically being in the prone from the waist forward had an advantage over less flexible people in more strained positions.

Even guys who focus a lot on being strong and fast will rarely work to be flexible at a similar level, but it can help in so much that you do with your strength and speed.
>>
>5'4"
>110lbs
I do running and light weights
>>
>>30567817
>what exercises help overall marksmanship?
I try my best to shake like somebody with aspergers. Doing it intentional helps when I try to null it out intentionally.
>>
>>30567817
>what sort of exercises do you do to help you stabilize yourself while shooting?
I ND into my walls every day
>>
>>30567817
>6'1"
>180
Powerlifting and rucking
>>
>>30567850
Get off my board manlet
>>
>>30567817
5'11

Mainly doing cardio. Used to do krav maga but don't have time any more. For range stuff, do core exercises, flexibility, and front arm raises alternating overhand and hammer grips.
>>
>>30567817

Since you're ultimately stabilizing your weapon against the ground, your entire body is used to keep the weapon stationary. This means that you should lift all the muscle groups: arms, chest, shoulders, back, abdominal, and legs. A stronger body overall will help you stabilize your weapon--especially in a dynamic situation.

You'll also need cardio to prevent early-onset fatigue and uncontrolled breathing that will interfere with your accuracy. Especially with full kit on, a firefight or simulation of one will smoke the shit out of you because you'll be sprinting to and from cover.
>>
>>30569808

Forgot.

5'10"
170 lbs
>>
File: range.jpg (528 KB, 4556x2996) Image search: [Google]
range.jpg
528 KB, 4556x2996
>>30567817
5'8" 180lbs

i do pic until i get too tired to even walk or it gets dark, usually only 2hrs worth since the range isn't empty until 5-6pm on sundays.
>>
5'9 155
I do Pat Mac-esque drills. I'm not on his level (yet) but I am working towards it.

Along with road marching/rucking while carrying rifle.
>>
>>30567817
5'11" 160
Cardio, oly weightlifting, Hiit.
And shooting frequently
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.