[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Full size handguns
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: funz.png (2 MB, 1271x791) Image search: [Google]
funz.png
2 MB, 1271x791
Is the M&P full size as good as an XD 9mm or a Glock 17? I tried them out today at the store but didn't shoot them and I like the M&P but it's also the least expensive as the 3 I think. I've never tried a ruger or an FN handgun
>>
It's fine I just prefer the glock's trigger and rougher grip texture.
>>
>>30565403

smith and wesson sd9ve should be on that fucking list
>>
>>30565403
each of the three you listed have a devoted following. Each also has a good aftermarket, though the glock's is biggest. It's all about features after that.
>>
>>30565403
>caracal
Didn't all of these get recalled and are no longer sold in the us of a?
>>
>>30565403

Glock, M&P, XD, FNS, SR9, and PPQ are equal functionally. They have minor differences which appeal to different personal preferences.

>>30565562

OP doesn't have the newest version, which does not include the Caracal. I also do not have the newest version so if someone could post it, that would be great.
>>
>>30565494

They had that at the store too but I didn't try it out

The XD was $529
M&P was $529
Glock 17 was $509
And sd9ve was like $325 or something

I didn't buy any. They had a sig of some sort for $529 as well, it wasn't the P226 idk what model
>>
Is there one like the OP image for .45?
>>
>>30565403
>M&P full size as good as an XD 9mm or a Glock 17
There is a reason Glock is the most popular handgun in the world, and its not because its cheap.

stop being a ultra poorfag, buy it once, cry once, and be happy you dont have to buy another as a replacement for the shit-tier wannabe you bought instead.
>>
>>30565494
Turd trigger in that gun.
>>
>>30565773
those seem a touch steep. You may want to shop around or check into online sites. Buds has the fullsize M&p 9 for 429. You'd need to find an FFL to ship it to and pay a transfer fee, typically 20-40 dollars for a handgun. Make sure your state and locality let you do that though.

>>30565824
This is an example of a rabid glock fanboy. They are solid guns but since you, OP, are a freethinking individual you can disregard insults and brash comments on one gun or another.

Go online and read. Shoot the guns via a rental range if possible. Don't be glock-blinded...try every gun INCLUDING the glock.
>>
>>30565403
>no xdm-9

Go fuck yourself!!!
>>
>>30565885
I would if I could, BITCH!
>>
>>30565403
All good guns I like the M&P for the ergonomics. The trigger is pretty good and can made excellent with the offerings from Apex. I prefer the Walther PPQ for plastic, striker striker fire guns. It has an amazing trigger right out of the box.
>>
>>30565403
Five-seveN is best handgun.
But if you HAVE to go 9mm: BHP, CZ-75, or (most popularly) FNS/X.
>>
M&P is a fine handgun, especially ergonomically. There are some widely-documented accuracy issues with the 9s though. Trigger on the early models was mediocre but I understand it's since been changed, and APEX parts are pretty standard fare among M&P shooters nowadays anyway.

One thing you might want to consider if looking at a pistol is the availability and price of mags and parts. We're about to enter into a panicky shitstorm, and it's entirely possible that we may be back to the bad old days of neutered mags in the not-so-distant future. Reading between the lines, there are a lot more Glock mags out there than there are FNS-9 mags. Whatever you buy, I think you should get yourself at least six mags. Two for carry/defensive use to keep loaded, two for the range, and two kept back for spares. Obviously, the more the merrier.

Of the three you mention, I'd look at the Glock and M&P. The XD is a distant third. I'd also throw the SIG P320 (what you probably saw at the store for $529) into the mix as well. If you've got ~$500 set back, I wouldn't consider the SD9VE or the Ruger.
>>
>>30565981

fuck off with the five seven meme
>>
I've shot the Glock 19, and my PPq M2 .. both 4" barrel, and I prefer my Walther although it seems to have a slight sharper recoil.
>>
>>30565773
Some SIGs are better than others. I would stick with the "classic P series" P220, P226, P228, P227 or P229. The striker fired P230 is pretty excellent. Check www.gunbroker.com for prices, watch shipping though. They have a list of FFL dealers too. By calling around I found a guy in my area that does all my transfers for $20 !
>>
>>30566098
Er P230 P320 is a .380 like Walther PPK, very very good but not a service pistol which is what I guess you are looking for.
>>
>>30565864

That's what I figured as far as the prices, the glock and Sig prices seemed fair but not the M&P. I've looked online a little bit and I thought glocks were usually about $550ish.

>>30565996
The glock and M&P seemed really light. I don't know how new the M&P was. My budget was like 700ish but I still figured I should be able to find an M&P for like $450 and maybe spend the rest on some mags or a shotgun
>>
>>30566239

The polymer frame actually does a good job at soaking up the recoil. I wouldn't worry about them being light.

I'm biased towards Glocks, but whatever floats your boat.

Personally, unless you're going to have an issue coming up with more cash, what I'd do is this:
- Buy a Gen 3 or Gen 4 Glock 17 (or a 19 if you want a compact/think you might carry)
- Buy 4-5 mags (can be had online for $20-22/ea for OEM. Magpul mags are also GTG in my experience, and can be had for $12.50/ea if you know where to look. Would suggest getting a decent stash of OEM mags and then using the Magpul mags for range use, though -- until the Magpul mags are more proven, I personally wouldn't trust them for serious use).
- Buy a set of night sights, or at least metal sights. OEM Glock sights are a bag of assholes. They're dovetail protectors that kind of look like sights, and should be replaced at the first opportunity.

Save up another $300 and buy a Mossberg 500 in a few months. A shotgun is relatively panic-proof as compared to hi-cap pistols.
>>
>>30565403
Isn't the XD a compact? I could see an XDM being a full size handgun, but..
>>
File: 9mmlist.jpg (1 MB, 2500x2267) Image search: [Google]
9mmlist.jpg
1 MB, 2500x2267
>>30565403
>>30565662
this?
>>
>>30566152
the P320 is 9mm, .357 sig, and .40
>>
File: 1426881737177.jpg (1 MB, 2500x1626) Image search: [Google]
1426881737177.jpg
1 MB, 2500x1626
>>30565803
Yes.
>>
>>30570560
The SIG P320 should be on there. I would also put the Beretta PX4 on there as well. Everything that makes them worthy of being on the 9mm list carries over to .45.
>>
>>30565403
>>30568922
>>30570560
Where's the list for the /k/ approved .40S&W handguns?
>>
What are some budget options for DA/SA hammer fired guns, either polymer or metal-framed?
>>
>>30570793
Stoeger Cougar isn't bad. I have one and it is pretty well made. The PX4 looks and feels like a polymer version. If you can find them on sale, or used, the PX4 is pretty good as well.
>>
>>30570759
There isn't one, 40 short and weak isn't /k/ approved
>>
>>30570841
What about the Tristar Turk CZ and Bebopgun clones? I like the accessory rail on some of the Tristars, but I feel like Stoeger has better magazine availability
>>
>>30566044
fuck off with the 9mm meme
>>
>>30570882
Never handled one of the Tristars. The Stoeger at least is the same as the Beretta Cougar and so parts and accessories are easy to find. Plus the magazines are readily available because of it as well. And if the safety is not your thing you can convert the Cougar to decocker fairly easily.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.