[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Buying a gun online for dummies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.gif (10 KB, 240x241) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
10 KB, 240x241
What's the process for properly buying a gun online? Should you contact your FFL before placing your order? Do you tell them you're ordering a gun online?
>>
>>30565257
>o.30565257▶
>What's the process for properly buying a gun online?

Make sure your chosen local shop or FFL will accept delivery on online orders. Some won't. Get their name, address, phone.

Order the gun, tell them to ship it to your FFL.

Of course, you'll have to have the same qualifications and go through the same paperwork at your local FFL when it arrives.
>>
>>30565257
I contacted a FFL beforehand, mentioning what gun I am planning on purchasing to see if he is willing to handle the transaction, along with anything I'll need before and during our meet, and the best way to be in contact with him.

Everything went very smoothly when I received my SKS
>>
>>30566183

P.S. sometimes the online store will want the hours that your FFL is open, too.
>>
>>30565257
No and no. Its basically the same as buying anything online, except you have to choose a valid FFL to ship it to for the back round check. After the FFL receives your gun they'll give you a call and you go pick it up.
>>
>>30565257

Also check around -- the local FFL will charge you a fee to receive the gun and do the paperwork, and how much they'll charge can vary widely
>>
Do you pay taxes on guns transferred through your FFL?
>>
>>30566272

In my state, at least, any tax is paid to the online store. But there will be fees at the local FFL. I don't know if this varies by state.
>>
>>30566272
I only paid a transfer and handling fee to the FFL. The tax comes from when you purchase from the seller. At least, that has been my experience for online.
>>
>>30566241
Find a "kitchen table" FFL if your shops are dicks. Shop by me want $50 or 20%, local guy that has an office out the back of a concrete company does $25 for 1 and discounts for more.
>>
>>30566316

Right. Last time I checked 5-6 local shops, fees ranged from $25 to $44. Your $50 has me beat, not in a good way.
>>
>>30566297
>>30566284
Fuck. Was hoping I could get away without taxes, last purchase my taxes were almost 30 dollars but I purchased in store.
>>
>>30566364
Only way I could really see you avoid taxes is from direct private transfers.
>>
>>30565257
>be Canadian maplefagot
>call up any gun store in the country and ask for your gun of choice
>give: name, shipping address, license number, date of birth, and credit card info
>wait a week for CanadaPost to deliver gun to your house
>miss delivery because you were at work
>pick gun up from post office the next day

Pretty much how it works.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.