[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help w/ AR556 Delta Ring
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Ruger-Delta-Ring-Ar-IMG_2259.jpg (418 KB, 1008x672) Image search: [Google]
Ruger-Delta-Ring-Ar-IMG_2259.jpg
418 KB, 1008x672
I picked up a Ruger AR about a month ago and just now tried to get the handguards off. The things torqued on there so tight I cant unscrew it and Im afraid to damage it. Anyone know how to get these suckers off?
>>
just attach a pipe fitting wrench and stomp on it.
>>
Try using WD-40, I had the same problem and it worked for me.
>>
>buying ruger rifles
>>
>>30564433
had the same issue with mine, I just worked it by hand until it uncapped, note, I'm 130lbs of skinny... It took me maybe a minute of twisting to get it off, if I can do it, you can do it.
>>
>>30564433
Do you have the appropriate armorer's wrench? If not, get one and then come back to it.
>>
>>30564590
buying anything ruger but a few select center-fire and revolvers.

>Ruger function fire tech here

kekekek
just get a poormans AR with a MP 15
>>
>>30564614
Also, you'll need a foot pound torque wrench to properly use the armorer's wrench.
>>
>>30564614
I'm trying to remove the delta ring not the barrel nut
>>
>>30564701
Just remove it then disassemble when it's off the rifle.
>>
>>30564433
Just remove it, whats the problem?
>>
>>30564714
Doesn't the handguard have to be off to do that?
>>
>>30564433
When I got a free float hand guard I had to cut mine off with a file. My barrel nut wouldn't come off for any thing.
>>
Wrap some electrical tape around the jaws of a pair of channel locks and go to it. Remember, your trying to screw it in toward the reciever. If you scratch it who cares it's cheap plastic and a tool anyways.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.