[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Travis Haley
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Travis Haley.jpg (581 KB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
Travis Haley.jpg
581 KB, 1800x1200
Stay sharp, be safe, I'm Travis Haley and thanks for joining me.
>>
>>30564404
There's already a Travis Haley thread you autist.
>>
Didn't this guy ND while giving a firearm safety course not long ago? Kek
>>
>>30565363
He ND'd filming an instructional video, demonstrating awkward/unsafe AK handling methods taught by some foreign militaries.
>>
>>30565354
Good for you
>>
>>30565363
Technically yes, while filming a segment for a Panteo video demonstrating why some handling methods could easily result in NDs he does so.
He neglected to unload his weapon for the demonstration and after some takes eventually removed his ear pro. You can seem him flinch a little when he finally does eventually intentionally ND an unintentionally loaded weapon.
Think Panteo has filed DCMA complaints against any uploads they could find because I can't find one that's actually working.
It's a good lesson in why if you mind your safety rules that even when the worst happens they will help to keep you safe.
>>
I'm nu here, what's an ND?
>>
>>30565363

Yes he did.
>>
While semi on the topic of ND, I'm new to guns and at the range, when I'm reloading a fresh magazine in my handgun, kinda nervous how hard I slam it in it's going to misfire or something. Is that a meme or what? I always keep my handgun safe when reloading anyway but still.
>>
>>30567949
Something only the most utterly retarded of fucktards manage to do

Fitting of this fucking tryhard high speed nigger

>>30565363
He did and anybody apologizing for him is an inbred cocksucking faggot
>>
>>30567949
An unintended discharge of firearm resulting from negligent or careless behaviour. As opposed to an AD or accidental discharge. Obeying firearms safety rules will help to reduce the risk of injury in the case of an AD or ND. NDs in and of themselves are frequently a result of disregard for said rules.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unintentional_discharge_(firearms)#Negligent_discharge
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_safety#Rules_and_mindset

>>30567967
Don't be afraid to ram the magazine home, failure to properly seat a magazine can result in misfeeds, failure to feed entirely or a dropped magazine on your next shot. If the bolt/slide hold open is within spec the bolt/slide should not drop upon the magazine being seated unless by design. Best practice is to keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire.
You will get more comfortable around firearms with time but just remember the safety rules as you do get more comfortable.
>>
>>30567967
It's pretty rare, but can occur in old, defective or neglected firearms. If you always practice muzzle control and always follow the four rules you'll be fine.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (226 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
226 KB, 1920x1080
>>30568004
>failure to properly seat a magazine can result in misfeeds, failure to feed entirely or a dropped magazine on your next shot.
And that's why I was really 'send it home' because I figured rather take the risk of it slam firing or something than it not seating properly or falling out
>>30568040
>If you always practice muzzle control and always follow the four rules you'll be fine.
Best way I can explain where I keep my gun when I reload is pic related.
>>
>>30568512
If it's not slam firing it should not fire unless you pull the trigger. Even then the slide/bolt would have to drop for that to happen. Don't be irrationally paranoid of mechanical failure, just obey the rules. It's good habit to keep it pointed downrange while reloading on the off chance some failure presents itself.
You press and you should feel a positive click (maybe less pronounced depending on circumstance, if slide/bolt is already forward it usually requires more pressure than you might think) and then a stop, your mag is fully seated.
You should keep it pointed downrange when you reload, up is not always a safe direction. Safe directions may vary based on circumstance but on a range setting reload with the firearm pointed downrange.
>>
>>30568690
Thanks for the tips and info.
>>
Man that sweater looks comfy as hell.
>>
>>30565544
And then tried to cover it up and behaving like a bitch.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.