[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/k/ why do SWAT officers wear masks? They look like they're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7
File: LebanonTNLeeSpa2.png (579 KB, 752x507) Image search: [Google]
LebanonTNLeeSpa2.png
579 KB, 752x507
/k/ why do SWAT officers wear masks?

They look like they're ready to seriously rob a bank.
>>
To protect their identity from criminals.

These guys have families.

>source: My dad was NZ armed offenders squad.
>>
>>30562559
then why do they wear gloves? is it to not leave any fingerprints?
>>
>>30562559
>this

If you're going against organized criminals, you want to lower the threat of retaliation as much as possible.

>>30562569
Why do construction workers, and drivers wear gloves?
>>
>>30562547
>/k/ why do SWAT officers wear masks?

They saw footage of SpecOps guys wearing balaclavas and they wanted to pretend they're hardcore operators so they got the sheriff liquored up and convinced him to give them a few sheets of department letterhead to place orders with.

Same reason they wear woodland camo in the suburbs.
>>
>>30562569

Broken glass, hot barrels, contaminated drug houses etc etc.
>>
>>30562559
Normal cops don't get masks and interact with the same criminals
>>
>>30562620
Normal cops are walking the street and not pushing in their shit by raiding their high value locations.
>>
>>30562611
would it be wrong to masturbate on their gloves while fantasizing about how they kill bad people? their intimidating nature turns me on a lot.
>>
File: Wisdom of Blitzwing.png (200 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
Wisdom of Blitzwing.png
200 KB, 512x384
flash burn protection. cqb with rlangarms can cause it
>>
>>30562620
I always felt they should yo, people can't claim racism if everyone wares a mask.

I feel like no one would care once the cops put on the masks.
>>
>>30562620

They arent executing search warrants and smoking dindus.
>>
>>30562678
well, half of that is true
>>
>>30562620
its to protect them from the guys who are walking around and taking pictures : The investigator will have their name in the procedure anyway.
>>
im pretty sure its thermal protection on top of protecting their identity. it probably also removes some glare like the black shit people who play sports wipe under their eyes - like football players.
im sure they arent trying to make fashion statements.
>>
>>30562547
>protection from identification
>protection from bodily fluids
>protection from light debris
>protection from elements
>protection from some smells or tastes

and random shit like

>a sense of safety
>an obvious attempt at intimidation
>>
>>30562939
/thread
>>
>>30562939
b-but my tacticool edgelord maymays...
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 1152x648) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 1152x648
>>30562547
>tell me about SWAT
>why do they wear the mask?
>>
To avoid accountability and make themselves look scarier.
>>
>>30562620
Are you too retarded to see the difference between some cop walking a beat and responding to dispatch calls and cops who's job is to proactively go after criminals many who are involved in organized crime
>>
To hide their identity
>>
>>30563035
yeah maaaaan. you tell these bootlickers and sheeple!
>>
>>30562559
Regular cops, prosecutors, judges, none of them wear masks even though they could easily become targets according to your fantasy.
>>
>>30562547
Never seen any of the armed police in my country wear shit like that, cars arn't black out or anything like that either..
>>
>>30563075
Although if you are in the Glasgow area they do have full blown assault rifles rather than MP5's as they have the Nuclear Naval base to patrol. Still don't wear masks though
>>
File: multicam black.jpg (87 KB, 500x618) Image search: [Google]
multicam black.jpg
87 KB, 500x618
>>30562547
I honestly think it's mainly to look scary. If you look at the reasons behind the development of all the different variations of multicam you will see explanations of how it helps you blend into a particular environment... except for multicam black which was just made to look scary.
>>
>>30562547
Because many drug labs tend to have flash fires from all the highly inflammable vapors.

Not good when combined with gunfire and flashbangs.
>>
>>30562600
This, army-wannabe's and/or washouts.
>>
>>30562547
keeps your gas mask from melting onto your face
>>
>>30562575
>Why do construction workers wear gloves?
So as not to leave fingerprints on the dip bottle they left above the drop tile which will fester for 5 years and burst over some office drone's head.
>>
>>30562668
Exactly the opposite.

Nobody cared who I was until I put on the mask.

t. Bane
>>
File: 1466769649132.png (114 KB, 751x359) Image search: [Google]
1466769649132.png
114 KB, 751x359
>>30562547
Because nobody cared who they were before they put it on
>>
>>30562600
>wearing what your department issues you
>means you're a wannabe SpecOps
try harder faggot. they don't get to pick out their shit like you in gear queer threads.
>>
>>30563035
phil the village retard - back at it with his bad opinions
>>
SWAT wears masks to look cool.

You never see actual military or beat cops wearing masks. Only SWAT and oper8or wannabes.

Well, in the Navy they issue balaclavas sometimes, but those are flash hoods for protection from heat in case of fire. I doubt SWAT is wearing flash hoods, though.

>>30563358
>they don't get to pick out their shit like you in gear queer threads.
Actually cops once responded to something at my house and one of the responding officers was wearing fucking safety glasses and work gloves, and had his own earpiece instead of a normal brick radio. Apparently, they get some leeway.

Oddly, the guy in all the PPE with the fancy bluetooth headset was much more polite and friendly than the other guy, who was some arab dude wearing mirror shade indoors like a twat.
>>
>>30563450
They started as nomex flash hoods in the late 80s because of >>30563144.

Today, I'm sure most of it is for no better reason than it looks cool/we've always done it/other cops do it so we do it.
>>
>>30562639
>flash burn protection.
If it were a flash hood it'd be made out of something natural and treated, a lot thicker, and probably knit. That looks like a polyester dollar store balaclava that will melt onto his fucking face as soon as it's a little warm out, let alone in case of any actual fire emergency that may come up.

But speaking of that, I wonder how often SWAT has to deal with hazardous environments actually going up in gas or flames. I feel like a cop would indeed be too stupid to not shoot compressed gas cylinders and injure themselves with fragments of broken regulators, and not graceful enough to not tip over buckets of lye or unprepared concrete or whatever and give everyone chemical burns.
>>
>>30562547
They're big guys for you and for me
>>
>>30563450
kek guys who are on serious SWAT teams like NYPD ESU and LAPD SWAT don't get to pick out what uniform they're wearing. They get assigned shit. Some bubba SWAT team out in WV might get more say.
>>
>>30562559
>has never hunted down a meter maid's family
People like you are why the pigs think they can charge us 60 bucks for a 25 cent issue.
>>
File: 1449008395024.png (45 KB, 604x694) Image search: [Google]
1449008395024.png
45 KB, 604x694
>>30562547
nobody cared who they were until they put on the masks
>>
>>30562620
Except that cops families do get targeted you sperg. Perfect example is all the shooting of dindus as of late. Zimmerman, and that cop that shot Micheal brown were all receiving death threats and shit.
>>
>>30562635
no
>>
>>30562547
Nobody cared who they were until they put on the mask
>>
>>30562547
Mostly for "intimidation" factor. Same reason why black is the go to color. Seems to be effective.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.