[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask a Military Working Dog Handler anything.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 11
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand go!
>>
>>30561141
Ever fucked a dog?
Also, what is the easiest breed to train?
>>
File: 82651130.jpg (16 KB, 385x256) Image search: [Google]
82651130.jpg
16 KB, 385x256
>>30561141
BORK? BORK BORK? BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK !

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
>>
>>30561157
No
It really depends on how calm they are, some Belgium mauls are calm and can retains things more easily, but then you get the super hyper annoying dog that just wants to play which makes it harder to train do to them just wanting to play. (perfect house dogs to me, but not working dogs.)

>>30561159
NOOOOOOO, OUT! SIT!
>>
Are military dogs all grumpy all the time or do you still get to play with them off duty?
>>
>>30561141

Do you know alot about dogs?

Do you ever wonder about working other breeds?
>>
>>30561141
How attached are you to your dog, and have you or anyone you know lost a dog.

Also are dogs considered tools or soldiers.
>>
>>30561141
Is there a manual or book you could suggest to train a dog how to do the types of tasks you train them for?

How do i get a big ass German Shepherd and train it how to go into a house and clear rooms?
>>
>>30563200

Leerburg, google it
>>
>>30561141
Have you ever wished somebody would treat you like a working dog? Have you ever wanted to be a working dog?
>>
>>30563232
>Leerburg

Thanks.
>>
>>30562219

None of them are grumpy unless they have a mental condition (some of them develop like their own PTSD from combat, and as soon as they hear gunfire they remember and go crazy.) But most of the time they are just super protective of their handler, so they see someone moving near you they just assume that person moving is going to do something to dad (handler). Yes we get to play with them all the time, in the end they are dogs and will always have the need for you to pet them/play fetch.

>>30562461
I've learn a lot since I had these job, is something you will never know everything because dogs are like little persons, they have different personalities and have different interest. I'd be interested in working for K-9 police as soon as I get out of the Army, or maybe work as a dog trainer/TSA.

>>30562485
I love my dog, they are your companion... especially when that companion finds bombs/drugs will attack anyone that comes near you on command. I've seen soldiers cry in the passing away of their dog, they have done so much for you. Most of the ones that get put down is either them being old and mentally unstable. No dog gets put down if its not crazy, you can adopt him and their retirement pay is free veterinary services. Military working dogs are often referred as equipment more than soldiers, but they are soldiers nonetheless. They even have rank.
>>
>>30561141
Post pictures of your pupper pupper8ing
>>
>>30563318

No.
>>
Duchies or Malinois?
>>
>>30561141
how easy is it to sneak into the Army kennels and play Red Rocket with the studs at night?

also, do you ever imagine than you are a female husky in heat and that you crave a studs thick pulsating knot deep inside you and filling you with hot pupcum impregnating you on the spot?

what side arm do you carry btw? I had a beretta 92f when i was in.
>>
>>30564385
Can someone include me in the screencap when this gets posted on Leddit?
>>
It wouldn't be /k/ with out the armed degenerates....
>>
>>30561141
Woof woof woof woof woof?
>>
>>30564429
I fail to see whats so outrageous about my post. this is /k/, I'm sure I could find ten weirder posts just on the front page.

i mean fuck its just dogs man, studies have shown at least 20% of female dog owners have at one point manually relieved their male dogs.
>>
>>30564507
We get that you're a furry dude.

But stop projecting like some sensitive sjw faggot too.
>>
File: 4907375784_fb6fac940c_b.jpg (235 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
4907375784_fb6fac940c_b.jpg
235 KB, 1024x682
>>30564507
>studies have shown at least 20% of female dog owners have at one point manually relieved their male dogs.
>>
>>30564523
yeah fuck of cuck

>>30564530
look it up
>>
Opinions on ATF?
>>
>>30561141
I'd like to have your job. How hard is it/what process or steps did you go through.
>>
>>30561141
is it true they put em down if they cant integrate or their usefulness ends

and dont you fucking lie
>>
How do you train your dogs to be fine with gunfire. My doggos are fucking pussies when it comes to gun. One of mine heard my AR once and now it doesn't even want to be in the same room as it.
>>
>>30564648
source
>>
>>30565656
aw gee the animals with extremely sensitive hearing don't like extremely loud things?
buy a suppressor and bond with your dogs more, faggot
>>
Post cute doggie photos
>>
>>30565700
I've owned my dogs since they were puppies
Also not every gun has a suppressor in combat so I'm curious. I don't take my dogs hunting or shooting anyways so its not a big deal but I think I gave one of them PTSD.
>>
File: k9.png (16 KB, 315x160) Image search: [Google]
k9.png
16 KB, 315x160
>>30561141
My question is more of a comment...pic related.
>>
your dog get any pussy?
>>
File: k9.gif (29 KB, 700x355) Image search: [Google]
k9.gif
29 KB, 700x355
>>30565742
Let me try that again
>>
>>30565656
I'm a former hunting dog trainer. The basic method is to start conditioning by presenting a reward with very distant gunfire (like so far you can barely hear it). Then, slowly move the gun fire closer, while rewarding the dog for staying by you/being cool with the gunfire. Continue the steps to until you are satisfied. Some animals may have had ill experiences or just don't/never will like loud noises though. I'd recommend training a pup as they are more malleable subjects.
>>
>>30565724
just because you have had them since they were puppies doesn't mean you're bonded well.
>>
>>30565794
>lol just bond with them more that'll make them okay with loud noises
You're really shit at dog advice if you didn't know already.
>>
For christs sake if you're gonna be firing a gun off next to a dog, even if they're desensitized, put some cotton balls in their ears.
>>
>>30561141
Would you date a chick with a pet play fetish that wanted to be treated like a dog?

>>30563248
This x10

>You in the Wardogs thread?

http://archiveofourown.org/works/7418635/chapters/16849579
>>
>>30561141
Can dogs be higher ranked than you?
>>
>>30564311

Dutch.
>>
>>30565757

Haha. Yes, they always have 1 rank above you. Is more like so you respect them... so if the time comes and some handler beats the dog/kills it they can charge you with beating/killing a senior rank. I've never seen that happen, every dog handler I've met is very respectful of their dog.
>>
>>30565598

You enlist as an 31-Kilo (Dog handler) in the Army (all the other armed forces have them, I don't know the code for it tho) and you'll go to basic training like any other job and then you go to dog school which is 3 months long. The cool thing about the going to this dog school is that is freaking free (civillians that want to go through it have to pay up to $10,000, and you get it for free.) Then when you get out you will still have your certificate and will be able to get K9 jobs since almost every K9 job goes to the same school.
>>
>>30565778

Pretty much correct.
>>
>>30567074

It's a tradition for them to be 1 rank higher than you.
>>
>>30567986
So when you fuck them, is that comsidered beastiality or fraternization?
>>
>>30567986
Do you work with the same dog as long as your in, or what? Do the dogs get to go on leave?
>>
>>30566505
>You in the Wardogs thread?
Fuck yeah man, more furfuckers need to get off this board and go over there
>>
>>30565778
Dude I have temporarily deafened myself by shooting my AR with out earpro, I can't imagine what this does to a dog. They need earpro.
>>
>>30568018

Normally you stay with the dog until you comeback from deployment with the dog. Once you comeback you're de-certified and is time for another handler to certify with that dog, unless the kennel master decides that no one would be able to handle that dog except you but you'd still have to re-certify with the dog.
>>
>>30568357
Mah nigga, I'm the guard doggo that just went shooting with Russian paratroopers. I'm still amazed I ran into them in the woods in Alaska.
>>
>>30568527
Did they know they were in Alaska?
>>
>>30561141
How would you deal with switching places with your dog? What if he treated you exactly like how you treat your dog?
>>
>>30568551
Yep, they're on holiday in America.

I'm reposting greentext for /k/

>Smell smoke

>Followed it up wind

>Found camp

>Snuck around them to get too range

>They never knew I was there

>Start shooting, they think it's a hunter because I was shooting single shots very far apart

>They see my buddy come up and follow him

>Got to shoot guns with a couple Russian paratroopers

>As it turns out I'm a WAY better shot

>Zap a fire extinguisher at 50yds with a single round from my CZ75 because I love showing off

>Let Yan shoot CZ, teach Yan isosceles stance and let them keep their target

>Get invited for tea but have work in a couple hours

>They invite friend and I to go to strip club

>Tuesday I'm going to party with Russian paratroopers

>MFW

Good. Fucking. Day.
>>
>tfw nobody will make your their war pupper
Kill me now
>>
>>30568661
You can be my war pupper packmate, but I'm a doggy not an owner
>>
>>30568568
>teach Yan isosceles stance and let them keep their target
>Teaching the enemy
What the FUCK son?!
>>
>>30568674
tell me about our master
>>
>>30568661
>>30568674
>>30569006

It's getting awful gay in here...
>>
>>30569006
He's really tall and loves doggies, hes a gun guy but not a great shot, and he loves going camping and tossing fresh campfire hotdog bits to his puppy. He also cuddles his doggu on cold nights like a pillow.
>>
>>30569034
Not gay, just doggies being doggies.
>>
i hate this place
>>
File: pew.jpg (89 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
pew.jpg
89 KB, 640x480
>>30569050
This is the best I have done. 5 shots with M855 through a 16inch AR @ 100 yards. Am I good enough?

What do you wear for him?
>>
>>30569127
Oh yeah, sight was a 4x optic.
>>
>>30561141
do they have names? who names them?
>>
>/k/ military dog thread
>instantly devolves into bestiality and dog roleplay

Sounds right.
>>
I have an America Bully that's a great pupper, only downside is his fear issues. He's a rescue and was kept in cage until he was about 8 months old, never properly socialized.

His fear makes him lunge at people he doesn't know, especially if they're coming through the door or when I walk him outside at night. I love him but I can't have a liability on my hands. I need tips.
>>
>>30569395
Doesn't matter where the issue came. Dogs who aren't rescues have the same issues.No excuses. The best advice I can give you is find a professional dog trainer. Do not go to one of those all +R positive only dog trainers. They will just waste your money and possibly fuck up your dog more or in true Victoria Stillwell style, recommend you euthanize the animal.. There is no licensing or standards in dog training; anyone can say they are a dog trainer. Find someone with years of experience in various dog venues and sports, seminars, certificates and titles. A lot of people just pay some online place like Foster Penn to get some "certified dog trainer" bullshit. Ignore those. If you cannot find or afford a qualified trainer, you need to put obedience on the dog. Sit means sit, down means down, etc. Your dog should be taught to maintain the position until you release. You can also condition your dog to look at you when out walking. Remember you can't go from 1-10 in expectations for your dog. If your dog is absolutely obedient to you, he cannot be lunging at anyone or anything. Until you have control over your dog, control the situation. If your dog can't behave when people come through the door, don't set him up for failure - put him away until you do have that control. Control doesn't mean a leash; it means obedience to you. A leash is just part of the 1-10. You have decided, or someone has told you it's a fear issue. Obedience and control, setting up expectations and teaching your dog what to do in situations gives your dog confidence in that he knows what to do. Too many people think backwards. Instead of thinking how to stop your dog from doing something, think about what to teach your dog to do instead. You will need to set up expectations, teach the dog, then be consistent and don't push your dog too far too fast. The only part of this that can be fixed overnight is YOU.
>>
>>30569591
Thank you for writing that all out!

We brought in a legit trainer (from what I can tell), he's the one who said its fear based. We didn't hire him though because he wanted $900 and said its pretty much his personality by now so he'll always have the problem but he can do a lot to lessen it. Unfortunately I can't afford that right now.

Do you have any books or DVDs for further education? I noticed you mentioned Leedburg above and they have a dvd on establishing pack structure for family dogs, is that what I'm looking for or do you have a different recommendation?

The trainer we brought over also told us to get a prong collar, that German brand (I forgot the name) and learn how to use it. Do you agree?
>>
>>30569619
Not op, but "Dr. P's", is considered a good read by a lot.
Sprenger, is probably the brand, use some diagnonal cutters to remove the "non-sense" tab. Considered the more humane training aid despite it's appearance, it actually helps speak the puppers language better than a simple choke (which can create scar tissue build up, causing throat problems).
Key is teaching the recall, you don't always need electricity. You can replicate it with a prong collar and a line of about 20 ft. Quick pops for correction, with steady stern "here"(s) until they arrive where you want them, then reward, give yourself 5-10ft extra to move back while calling (for depth perceptions), high on the mastoids, high pitch verbal praise, stroke on head, or treats, use varying degrees of animation to communicate "time to play".
Don't leave it on all the time, take it off. Associate putting it on with training, behavior will habituate. Limit training to 10-15min a day, end on good notes, if the dog is sensitive you might not even want to use a physical correction, maybe try a clicker. If you can't correct in 2 seconds don't bother.
Ultimately nothing beats trust.
>>
>>30569333

Yes they have names, the people who breeds them gets to name them, alongside they own "number" to identified them.
>>
>>30567968
Thanks man!
>>
>>30561141
Is it true that they make you raise a dog and then kill it to test your loyalty?
>>
>>30569050
>>30569006
>>30568674
>>30568661
>>30566505
Wut?
>>
>>30571308
Yes
>>
>>30571308
No haha, wtf.
>>
Do you like the knot?
>>
>>30568357
What is this wardogs thread
>>
File: 1468039947239.jpg (25 KB, 480x433) Image search: [Google]
1468039947239.jpg
25 KB, 480x433
>>30564385
Anon pls
>>
>>30571458

8ch dot net/furry/res/567231 dot html
>>
>>30571587
The FUCK am I looking at here?
>>
>>30571587
.....wut? Is this for real? Who gets off to this?
>>
>>30571649
A url?

the first chapters are here: archiveofourown.org/works/7418635
>>
>>30574388
The armed and sexually depraved. If you see any of these guys at the range, you should give them a wide birth. Who knows what fantasies they will be having about your ass.

The story was first posted here actually.
>>
>>30574435
>The story was first posted here actually
And somehow I'm not surprised.
>>
File: 1466803868489.png (4 MB, 1584x5710) Image search: [Google]
1466803868489.png
4 MB, 1584x5710
>>30574669
>screencap of source thread. don't look if you think /k/ is pure and chaste
>>
>>30574697
>That chick with the M1aEBR and no pants
I'd fuck it.
>>
>>30574729
She is married fampai, you will have to convert another one.
>>
>>30575314
>Furry
>Married
No way.
>>
>>30561141
Do the K-9 dogs get to ride with you in the vehicles, or do you have to put them in a pen when you drive them around?
>>
>>30575697
%100 not bullshitting you, look up her character, it is in the file name
>>
>>30575800
>She's Ukrainian
whelp, that husband's probably out of the picture by now eh?
>>
>>30561141
have you gotten to sic your dog on a nigger yet?
>>
>>30575908
Hes like 37, plus I heard he showed up in his lion costume when they tried to conscript him
>>
>>30571649
A story about soldiers wearing canine power armor that helps them be good obedient attack dogs.

Operating high speed low drag and getting belly rubs and treats when they do well.

Come on anon, keep up.
>>
>>30575999
>I heard he showed up in his lion costume when they tried to conscript him
Thats funny as fuck. Should have let him fight in it. Could you armor a fursuit?

>>30576088
.... huh, alright then hitlerdubs.
>>
>>30576652
>Could you armor a fursuit?
We have been discussing that...
>>
>>30576652
Armoring fursuits was actually the original topic that started this whole thing.
>>
>>30576672
>>30576675
Make any progress? Gonna need it when the purge starts.
>>
>>30576873
You can check it out if you like, I've been more interested in the story, not really of any help in all their technical discussions. Lots of talk about making the helmet work.
>>
File: 20140214_143002.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20140214_143002.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Do you think my dog is too mean to be a military dog? Look at this killer face.
>>
>>30577029
Look at this flabby face
Fucking PSYOPS material right there
>>
>>30569127
Nice group if that's a B-8.
>>
>>30569619
I am the person who responded with a "fuck Victoria Stillwell". I just went to Dr Ps as the other poster suggested and while I have no idea what kind of advice it contains, it is comprehensive. I haven't seen Leerburg's pack structure DVD so I can't recommend that either. The problem is that there are so many dynamics in the relationship with your dog and so many different reasons behind your dog's behavior, it's very hard to find the right solution without professional advice. Much of it involves a good deal of investigation on the trainer's end, but I understand that fee being extravagant. I don't know which books to recommend; there are so many. The prong collar is Herm Sprenger. do not get the one with the quick release. That has a way of surprising you and you end up with a collarless dog. I do use prong collars myself, but I am a dog trainer myself. I prefer to advise using them as a safety mechanism - for example if you are worried you can't control or hold your dog. Using a prong collar on fearful dogs, or for many reasons, can amp the dog's state of arousal, creating more tension, stress and can actually make your dog worse to the point of redirected aggression. Again, I can't see you and your dog so I have no idea how to gauge how it would work in your situation. My general rule of thumb is that unless you know what you are doing or working under the direction of a pro, don't intentionally correct with a prong, or use negative reinforcement training, which is what another poster suggested (jerking until dog complies).
>>
>>30577029
Your dog looks lazy as fuck. Take it for a walk nigga.
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.