[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello. I am a Canadian who got a job offer as an infantryman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 13hoursdelta.jpg (65 KB, 481x720) Image search: [Google]
13hoursdelta.jpg
65 KB, 481x720
Hello. I am a Canadian who got a job offer as an infantryman yesterday.

Is it a good time to join the CAF? I've heard it's 3 months basic, then you go on that wait thing until your trade training begins which for infantry is 3-4 months in Petawawa/Gagetown and that's where you spend your time.

Can someone explain what the day to day life is like in the infantry? How easy is it to sign up and go on courses like recon, pathfinder, etc? I've been shooting guns my whole life and would consider that my strong suit. I scored very high on testing but failed to get into intelligence operator (they hire 8-10 people annually).

What can I expect?
>>
Wondering the same but for canadian tankers.
Fuck /meg/.
>>
>>30561027
/meg/ is fine for American's but I've never got a response there.
>>
p-pls respond
>>
>>30560951
Depends on what you want to do with your life. Your going to be doing a lot of boring shit for the most part and not picking up particularly marketable skills with infantry, so when you get out finding a good job will be an issue.
>>
>>30562736
This guy knows. I'm infantry in Edmonton.
Boredom and gay shit often. Fun stuff and excitement rarely. At least after you get to battalion.
>>
>>30562736
That's what I figured. I have two years worth of university credits and was gonna look into going back there through night/online courses or maybe wait until I'm out to make use of the free schooling.

How difficult is it to start doing some operator tier shit? I know Canada has its basic infantry, then there is CSOR, then there is JTF-2. What separates CSOR from the normal infantry soldier? How do you get to that point?
>>
>>30562840
Nice man. Can you stick around for a bit? Would appreciate some info on stuff.

How does it get determined if you are mechanized or light infantry?
>>
>>30562870
Luck of the draw. I assume you're hoping to be light, probably be in the jump coy. But mech is where you want to be. Trust me on that. When I went through I didn't get a choice of which regiment either. But I ended up lucky on both counts.

That said you can badge over after dp1 with minor effort.
>>
>>30560951
on youtube theres a tv shows series made by the CAF that goes through basic training. has good insight.
>>
>>30563069
I have no idea which I'd prefer yet. Why do you think mech is the better option?

Badge over after dp1. Does that mean you're able to switch from one to the other relatively easily? When is dp1 over? After three years?
>>
>>30563945
Idk if you're still here. In mech, you have kit that carries you and your shit. Dp1 is infantry qual. Its 13 or 14 weeks long. Badge over means transfer to another regiment.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.