[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts? Opinions? Do you think their survey group was representative
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6
Thoughts? Opinions? Do you think their survey group was representative of people you interact with?
>>
>>30558084
So far, anyone I know who thinks AR-15s or other high-capacity semi-auto rifles should be outlawed I've been able to convince otherwise. Anyone with half a brain thinks twice about the issue at hand when shown statistics indicating that the overwhelming majority of gun crime is committed with handguns and that mass shootings committed with rifles, though scary, are statistically irrelevant.

Informed persons are an anti-gunner's worst nightmare.
>>
>the current year
>interacting with people
>>
> Pump shotgun considered less dangerous than a bolt action hunting rifle

I already know this is a stir-shit-up article, but this doesn't make sense, even considering. I would assume even the most sheltered of urban women would associate a bolt action rifle with hunting, and be aware of the shotgun's faster rate of fire.
>>
VOX has already tarnished their reputation by releasing literal propaganda before. You can assume that these numbers were intentionally skewed to get the result they wanted.
>>
They should have included a Mini-14 and put it alongside the AR-15, you can bet that way less people would want it banned despite it being functionally identical.
>>
>>30558084
Where the fuck can I get an MG3?
>>
>>30558177
>move to Switzland
> buy this motherfucker
http://www.waffen-joray.ch/automaten/mg-53-jugoslawisch-detail.html
>convert the caliber
>>
>>30558105
>Pump shotgun considered less dangerous than a bolt action hunting rifle

It's not a hunting rifle though. Black stock + optic = "sniper rifle", and why does anyone need a gun that's sole purpose is to murder human beings frkm far away? You can't hunt with that.
>>
>>30558105
The scope and bipod makes them think it's some kind of special military sniper rifle, guaranteed.
>>
>>30558084
>weapons used to gun people down in alleys should be legal
>weapons used to hunt deer should be banned
It's a good thing that the will of the people has negligible influence on government policy in the US, because the people is clearly not fit to govern themselves.
>>
>>30558102
>Informed persons are an anti-gunner's worst nightmare.
Fortunately for them, that is a tiny segment of the population. You can probably find more people that are actually proud of their willful ignorance of guns than people who are informed.
>>
>>30558121
That wouldn't fit the narrative.
>>
>>30558084
>31% of people looked at a lever-action rifle designed in the 1860s and either said it should be illegal or they don't know

Are you fucking kidding me
>>
File: what the.gif (467 KB, 250x139) Image search: [Google]
what the.gif
467 KB, 250x139
>>30558084
>15% of the Republicans said all of those guns should be legaƶ
>15%

Republicans confirmed for being retarded/fudds/pussies or all of them
>>
>vox

Immediately discarded
>>
>>30558294
>Over 40% of Republicans said the Remington 700 should be banned

I really have no idea who the fuck they were asking here. Rich Bloomberh-type Republicans in gated communities? I thought it was fudds at first until I saw that.
>>
>>30558084
>42% thought the Remington 700 should be banned
Who the fuck are they asking all of this too? I have never met a single gun control advocate, online or otherwise who thought that simple "hunting rifles" like the Remington should be completely illegal.
>>
>>30558403
hunting rifle?

oh you poor uneducated hairy knuckle red neck

that my dear child is clearly a snipering rifle

don't argue with me kid oprah said so
>>
I blame video games. Every bolt action with a scope is a 'sniper rifle' and people believe this.
>>
File: save me.png (135 KB, 547x366) Image search: [Google]
save me.png
135 KB, 547x366
>>30558084
>there are people that do not want flare guns to be legal, merely because they hear the word gun
>>
>>30558341
>>30558403
after "assault rifles" are banned the next to go will be bolt action hunting rifles. The fudds that never did like them salt riffuhs will be forced to take a massive bite out of the shit sandwich they themselves ordered
>>
So even your so called anti gun left is just against military grade weapons and have no problems with handguns? That sounds reasonable.
If you add some provision that allows owning an assault rifle if you live in rural areas that are far from immidiate police response and allow it if you are part of a local neighborhood watch, that would sound good to me.
I'm not american though so don't bully.
>>
>>30558538
your opinion doesn't matter then

what are the gun laws in your country
>>
>>30558559
There are very few people whose opinions matter in the US. You are probably not one of them.
>>
>>30558538
Those type of compromises end up being called "loop holes" later down the road. Once upon a time it was legal to own full auto guns, short barrel rifles, suppressors...now we have to jump through hoops to own them legally if your state even allows you to.

Something like a ban on "military style" rifles will eventually turn into a ban against semiautomatic rifles, and then eventually a ban against semiautomatic anything (ie pistols), and it will get worse until literally muskets are the only legal firearms.
>>
>>30558084
>over half wanted to ban Remington 700
faggotry, plain and simple. Faggots who are afraid of "big scary sniber riphle :(" because of the media and because of movies.
>>
>>30558102
Most people I've come across that are for banning the AR or AK think they are fully automatic. But they also don't know the difference between fully automatic and semi automatic, and assume any rifle with a magazine is a full auto assault rifle.
>>
>>30558684
oh your australian
>>
>>30558084

> We showed pictures of guns to people who know nothing.

> They thought a wooden stock semi auto shotgun is less ban worthy than a black pump action

> We intentionally picked a synthetic stock bolt action rifle with a bipod because it looks like the sniper rifle in video games and not grandpa's hunting rifle despite being identical in use.
>>
>>30558903
I'm not even the person whose opinion you didn't think mattered.
>>
>>30558084
desu if I was preparing mass shooting I'd pick semi-auto shotgun or, if unavailable some machine pistol. For other stuff(mugging etc.) - pistol, because easy to hide.

Why the fuck would I choose to deal with 5.56, REAL FUCKING NATO or whatever rifle round you can dream of? And certainly not motherfucking MG3.

Like people who create those legislations don't actually care about lethality of this shit.
>>
>>30558740
That's one way to look at it but on the other hand taking an all or nothing attitude can make this an all or nothing thing for the other side too and it also scares off the moderates.
>>30558684
True but a view from the side can be interesting as well.
>>
File: 1440143682203s.jpg (7 KB, 250x246) Image search: [Google]
1440143682203s.jpg
7 KB, 250x246
Unrelated question

How did you get an image of the entire web page?

I wanna be able to do that
>>
>>30558284
11% thought a distress signalling device should be illegal. Either they literally made this up or they polled team fortress 2 players
>>
>>30559053
>either they made this up or
They polled people entering Starbucks stores in major metro areas along one coast.
>>
>>30558284
Dont forget its .22lr
>>
>>30559002
Why do you want people to spoon-feed you when you can use google
>>
>>30559002
Take multiple screen shots, then throw it into photoshop and crop the images accordingly. Create a blank page, then stick them all on.
>>
>>30558538
Well the problem is that to process legislation regarding that provisions and controlling it all would be a nightmare(why the fuck can't country fuck come to the city with his AR and start a rampage?) but in general it doesn't fucking matter.

The reason is - majority of gun violence is caused by niggas doing fun stuff with pistols. As long as you don't let them to have full auto stuff they won't do much collateral damage, so all anti-gun legislation you need is to get machine pistols like Scorpion, Tec-9(oh dear), Mac-10 etc. out of the market. Rifles are too hard to conceal so most criminals won't have those and they in fact - don't have those.

In fact when we compare the amount of casualties per let's say - Mossberg 500 or Taurus 605 - per year to casualties caused by some machinegun(mind you, the gun overwhelming majority wanted to ban) - like MG3/42/53 - at some given date when they were all legal, you'll notice that machineguns aren't deadly. They're too expensive and too heavy for gangs, muggers, robbers, thieves, majority of serial/mass killers etc. so in the end the only kind of people who used them were proto-/k/ommandoes.

Pistols aren't really something you can ban in America because as you've said - even bleeding heart liberals would buy themselves a glock or some snub if they moved to the ghetto so no matter how harsh laws will you put on the rest, the crime rate will be mostly unchanged. As such the only people really hurt by these bans are the kinds of guys you can see here.
>>
>>30558120
They wanted to get results that say anti-gunners are retarded?

>functionally IDENTICAL shotguns, one is considered much more dangerous because it's stock is made out of plastic instead of wood
>90% of all murders are committed with the sort of gun that 72% of voters think should ALWAYS be legal while 75% of voters agree to ban a gun that has literally never in history been used in a civilian crime
>>
>>30559131
That's sounds reasonable. Explain another thing that I don't understand about your laws. What's the point in ccw permit? A person that don't have it can walk around with open carry? How is this better? Also, if you have an assault rifle, can you walk around with it in the middle of the street? People actually do it?
>>
File: 1464922972640.jpg (78 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1464922972640.jpg
78 KB, 800x600
>>30558084
>12% want flare gun illegal.
>>
>>30559261
A flare gun is only slightly less dangerous than a 44 magnum. Only 4% as a matter of fact.
>>
>>30558272
So you are saying that the US should not be a democracy?
>>
>>30559309
Arguably the US should no longer have Americans in it. They have proven inadequate.
>>
File: Road30.jpg (27 KB, 853x360) Image search: [Google]
Road30.jpg
27 KB, 853x360
>>30559261
>>30558446
Maybe they saw The Road ?
>>
>>30559309
The US is a republic, not a democracy.
>>
>>30559278
It is also vital offshore equipment.
>>
>>30559324
as a movie illiterate, does he shoot some guy with a flare
>>
>>30559333
It's the same difference in that the current population is unfit for self-governance.

>inb4 brave sovereign citizens
Like 70 million of your fellow Americans voted for a faggot because he had brown skin, care to explain?
>>
>>30559357
Then he gets called a piece of shit for defending himself.
>>
>>30559357
Yes
>>
>>30559309
The US is more of plutocracy than a democracy.
>>
>>30559261
It's like they hear "gun" and immediately shift into "BAN THE EVUL CHILLIN KILLERS" mode
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.