[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Emergency Responders Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
https://i.4cdn.org/gif/1468069211260.webm

Anyone here working as an emergency responder? What's the seediest crap you have dealt with?

And a question for EMTs and firefighters, when faced with violent offenders what is your gameplan? Are there any EMTs and firefighters that are allowed to be armed? Or are you essentially on your own?
>>
>>30558013
I'm in a suburban town on a volunteer fire dept. Our police dept is always on scene before us unless we're coming back and roll up on something. If we're faced with a violent offender we just let the police handle it because that's their job, not ours.
>>
https://i.4cdn.org/gif/1468070099397.webm
>>
hello I'm an emergency internet responder. In cases of extreme butthurt I come and fan the flames more
>>
>>30558026
if people didn't have babby killing assault audio recording software we wouldn't be exposed to such nightmarish violence
>>
File: image.jpg (296 KB, 680x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
296 KB, 680x1024
>>30558013
>Me and my mom are nurses.

She through out her back bring down a dude who just started hanging him self.

Broke her knee wresling some dude.

The floor next to my moms, some dude went crazy.
attacked 7 nurses. 3 can't work due to medical reasons.

Besides that, drug seekers, death.
Have many more stories.
>>
>>30558896

I really feel for psych ward nurses

any other stories about crazies in particular?
>>
>>30558013
Paramedic here, we have restraints, versed and my partner.
>>
File: 1461030493917.jpg (39 KB, 500x521) Image search: [Google]
1461030493917.jpg
39 KB, 500x521
>>30558896
>tfw my mom just got a hernia helping some fat fuck lift his legs onto a stretcher
>had to retire and is now on disability because her back is all fucked up
>she liked working and loved her job, no she sits around waiting to hear if she can get surgery
>even then she can never go back to nursing
>told me shes starting to get depressed
>fat fuck shrugged and didnt give a shit when the other nurses told him

its been a rough few months, my condolences to you and you mom
>>
>>30558013
EMT here, I thought my job would be "better" then a cop and I wouldnt get the same kind of harassment. So far
>ive had to chase away people trying to get into my ambulance looking for drugs/things to steal more times then I can count
>this was after we responded to a call and we're tending to somebody
>had to shoo away an entitre (im talking like 8 people) family that wanted to get in and ride with their son to the hospital after he broke his arm
>said maybe 1 could go, that nearly kicked my ass and called me a racist
>have a friend whos a fire fighter, everyone loves bunker pants right?
>wrong
>they have bottles and rocks thrown at them for responding to chimp out fires

I still think cops get it worse just because of their profession but I was surprised at how much shit we get from the public just for being associated as civil servants. I dont carry and am not supposed to but I think I might start out of spite. Or at least keep something in the Ambulance. I know one guy who already does
>>
>>30559497
fatties are essentially crack heads, they don't care about anything outside of themselves
>>
>>30558013
Paramedic. Prior marine

I have had one nigger act hard. I told him to calm down, we are not the cops, just here to help.

Nigger was on some kind of upper and started chimpin. My partner backs up, I grab our portable monitor, the zoll. And nigger knock him in the head, knock him out. Walk out, drive 4 blocks away, call for a cover now.

Cops bust in, nigger still out, we are cleared in, nigger wakes up, gets tased and shits himself.
>>
>>30559551
How much shit do you think you would get in if you ever got caught? Also, on a related note, do cops cut you slack as an EMT, or do they just treat you like everybody else.
>>
Hey, thinking of being volunteer EMT dude. I already have a nice job so I don't need the income. Is it worth it? What do you have to do to be one?

Mostly just want to learn to patch people up in case shit happens. Internet has resources but nothing is as useful as real world experiences.
>>
I'm an ICU doctor, I've seen and had to do lots of crazy shit. Usually let security handle shit since I need to focus on keeping people alive but I did have to shoot a double leg on a guy high on pcp throwing computers in the ER because security was too pussy to do anything.

As for gross stuff, throwing a femoral central line in someone mid-cardiac arrest while they're vomitting feces all over the place in geyser-like fashion was one of the grosser things.
>>
N O T
E
A
P
O
N
S
>>
>>30559668
When I'm wearing my white coat or sterhoscope I've been cut slack by cops. I'm not sure why. Maybe we deal with a lot of the same clientele, I may need to patch them up someday, or perhaps they view me as part of the "establishment".
>>
>>30559691
I was a volunteer EMT in a rural area. It was 70% driving dehydrated old ladies to the hospital, 20% old men having mild heart attacks. EMS is specialized training, it's more 'ambulance driver' than anything.

Anyways your milage may vary, but it was kinda boring.
>>
>>30559668
what do you mean by "cut slack"?
I get along great with cops. We often go out to the bar afterwards and its all cops, EMTs, some doctors and firefighters drinking together. We all understand each other and the job, so its easier to confide in that

Im sure if I get caught id get in some kind of trouble but I know that one guy who does and its one of those dont ask dont tell things. Im pretty sure my boss knows so if we ever used it we'd be on our own. My main goal would be to GTFO of any dangerous situation and wait for the cops. Just last month there was a robbery and the shooter hadnt been located so me and my partner wait around the corner while the victim was bleeding out in a store because we couldnt go in yet
>>
>>30559497
Had a similar thing happen to a friend
>be tour guide
>shift boss used to be EMT
>had to quit due to heart problem
>loved the job, hated the new one
>last I heard he was on permanent leave due to aggravated heart trouble

I want that man to be happy so much. He's a good man, always ready to help.
>>
>>30559856
It's gotten me out of traffic tickets and I got my nys ccw permit unusually fast
>>
>>30559551
I keep a PF9 with a frame clip in the pocket inside my cargo pocket on my EMT pants. No one ever notices, and it's not going to fall out. I'm considering doing a velcro pocket just to be extra safe, though.
>>
>>30558896
Kek, women are even shit at nursing because of their frail bodies
>>
>>30558013
EMT B here. A little over halfway thru medic school. It's been a wild ride
>>
>>30560104
Front pocket is best. Your shirt should be tucked in and them you can't quickly go for a pants pocket that's velceoed. You can have your hand on your firearm before you even have to draw if you anticipate things
>>
>>30558013
>three cops included in the picture of ems
> but no ems and only two firefighters
>includes dispatcher as first responder
FUCKING TRIGGERED
>>
>>30559551
Never leave your price in the amberlamps it will get found or stolen. Leave it on your person only
>>
>>30560104
My pf9 jammed like Zimmerman's all the time. Lc9 gtg
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.