[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guns for grills
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 9mm-vs-.380.jpg (24 KB, 300x321) Image search: [Google]
9mm-vs-.380.jpg
24 KB, 300x321
Hey /k/, what guns would you recommend for women? I'm not a grill myself, but I need to pick something out for one. Right now I'm thinking something like a Ruger LC9S, but I dunno.

>P.S. can women handle 9mm, is racking the slide on guns really an issue for them, and should I get one with a safety?
>>
>>30556422
let her decide for herself
>>
Get her to try full-size guns too. Most tiny guns are difficult to handle, especially if you have weak hands or sensitive fingers
>>
>>30556422
Start with a 22 after they get used to it go to 9mm
>>
>>30556434
I'd like to but she doesn't know anything about guns, and has never shot one before.
>>
>>30556434
This
>>
Get her a heckler & glock in 45mm
>>
>>30556445
Find a range that lets you rent guns.... pick a few out that might work... let her decide.

How fucking hard is that?
>>
>>30556462
Probably pretty hard actually. The circumstances don't allow it.
>>
fullsize pistols are easier to rack than tiny little guns that are too small to hold
>>
>>30556445
when you didn't know anything about guns and never shot one did you need someone else to pick a gun for you?
>>
>>30556478
Why can't you drive to a gun range with rentals?
>>
>>30556514
She's moving away for a bit and they don't have rentals near her.

Basically now or never.
>>
>>30556422
>is racking the slide on guns really an issue for them

Depends on on age/hand strength.Also smaller semis have stiffer springs. I went through same thing when I was helping my mom purchase a new gun. She has advanced carpal tunnel. She could not operate a slide of a small semi auto and has trouble pulling trigger of DA only revolvers.

Any full size frame gun is too heavy for her, even in home defense setting.

Like >>30556434 said. Let her figure it out. Wasn't like you knew what worked best for you first time out of the gate.
>>
The lighter the gun, the harder to operate and shoot usually.

Let her try stainless medium or "not-so-small" frame revolver or compact striker fired semiautos. Simple, easy to shoot and not to heavy or bulky.

Semiautos with a DA/SA or SAO have safeties, different trigger pulls from one shot to another etc.
>>
>>30557419
Id go for a Glock 19 or 3" K frame.
>>
>>30556422
From my experience women don't have much troubles even with "bigger" pistol rounds, just show here basics on 22 and then let her try out other calibres.
>>
>>30556422
Walther CCP. Slide is very easy to rack compared to other sub compacts, same operating system as the P7.

Full size, HK VP9, Walther PPQ. Incredibly ergonomic, great triggers.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.