[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kimber vs Springfield
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6
File: kimber and springfield.jpg (965 KB, 3000x1500) Image search: [Google]
kimber and springfield.jpg
965 KB, 3000x1500
Sup /k/ommandos

Which 1911 is better? The Kimber stainless target ii or the Springfield Armory loaded 1911. My buddy is selling his loaded 1911 with a wilson combat barrel with about 5000 rounds through it and extended slide and mag release. I can get either for $1000. What do /k/?
>>
>>30554429
http://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/10-lessons-learned-worst-gun-ever-owned/

Kimbers are pretty bad. I get a Rock Island 1911 instead and compare that to SpringField.
>>
Between those two?

Springfield, not even a contest. At least you can still hold your head up at the range.

That being said, get a Colt.
>>
>>30554429
I really don't get /k/ thing against Kimber.

Had a Kimber Custom II for a little while now, only put around 500 through it. Only one FTF, I will admit it was the cherry shot.
>>
File: kimber_in_charge_of_qc.jpg (677 KB, 3000x1989) Image search: [Google]
kimber_in_charge_of_qc.jpg
677 KB, 3000x1989
>>30554571
Kimber used to make a really great 1911 that cost the same or less than a stock Government model, but they added all the beavertail, extended controls to them. They also did some badass Mauser k98 sporterizations, but that is long forgotten.

When they came out, they were 500-600.

They were enormously popular, and they decided to ride the reputation, raise the prices, but start cutting every corner possible.

My father in law got a kimber a few years ago, and when I saw it, I noticed the mainspring housing was actually plastic.

Fucking plastic. This was on a 1200 gun.

Fuck Kimber.
>>
owning both a custom 2 and a range officer I would say out of box goes to kimber.
>>
>>30554647
This is a copypasta but I don't care it's relevant as fuck.
>>
File: IMG_0723.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0723.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
Blame it on SIG.

Kimber lured a group of SIG executives over to their company about 10 years ago. That's when things started going downhill. They also changed parts suppliers.

The two companies aren't exactly competitors. They appeal to different markets. Maybe the SIG business model was incompatible with Kimber's and the executives that moved over couldn't figure that out. SIG mass produces high quality weapons (though that suffered as they struggled to divest themselves of their parent company in Germany) primarily marketed towards military and LEO whereas Kimber had more of a specialized niche consumer market.

I dunno, just speculating here. SIG is one of my customers so when it was happening they were giving me their opinions of what was happening at Kimber.

Obligatory SIG factory picture attached...
>>
File: IMG_0713.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0713.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
Walking through their offices late at night this stuff would just be laying around everywhere.
>>
File: IMG_0712.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0712.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
Just laying around...
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-07-22-14-04.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-07-22-14-04.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
Smith and Wesson and SIG
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.