[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Black powder blunderbuss
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 210893_ts.jpg (41 KB, 1155x1155) Image search: [Google]
210893_ts.jpg
41 KB, 1155x1155
Alright /k/ I have a question, if you load the wad and cork and and put the pellets OK the top, why the fog horn open on a blunderbuss, I'm new to them and am getting one soon, any advice?
>>
>>30554390
funnel so you can pour gravel and shit in when you run out of lead.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (65 KB, 300x483) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
65 KB, 300x483
>>30554390
Funnel to pee into, to neutralize corrosive barrel fouling.
>>
>>30554574
Seriously gravel? That's got to fucking suck to be on the receiving end even if it doesn't kill you now you've got jagged rocks in you that have to be removed.
>>
>>30554390
To make it easier to load any kind of random shit you want in it.
>>
>>30554694
So could you honestly just put the cork in there then follow it with 22lr's? Or anything?
>>
>>30554721
yeah, some other theories proposed are that it would increase the spread like an anti-choke and that it would make reload easier on horseback or a wagon.

it doesn't effect spread noticeably however
>>
Using gravel and forks and whatever you could fit would fuck up a blunderbuss. The funnel is to make loading easier when your on the move, like on horseback.
>>
>>30554679

yeah getting shot with anything is usually a bad time.
>>
>>30555381
just gotta make sure your forks are softer than your blunderbuss, or just use broken glass on special occasions.
>>
>>30554679
Much less density than lead makes for much less range, and much less penetration at any given range.

Jagged wounds mean a lot of tissue disruption relative to damage done, so your clotting system kicks in with a vengeance to seal that shit up before you bleed out.

It'd suck, getting shot sucks, but it's a lot less malign than lead shot.
>>
>>30555418
Old blunderbusses used some really soft metal like brass for the barrels, i imagine that rocks would ruin it, glass would probably be safer
>>
File: 1459223802042.gif (2 MB, 581x542) Image search: [Google]
1459223802042.gif
2 MB, 581x542
>>
>>30555602
the only thing worse that glass would be diamonds

well technically zks, aluminum oxide, couple other things too. but glass would be bad.
>>
What kind of powder and stuff should I use?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.