[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you handle being stuck in 'The Mist' supermarket
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 300x440) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 300x440
How would you handle being stuck in 'The Mist' supermarket /k/?
How do you maintain peace and deal with the freaky alt-dimension monsters?
What weapons would you make/have?

>inb4 people talk about the ending
>>
>>30553341
Would've been such a great movie if King wasn't such a gigantic faggot and was only capable of writing three character archtypes and the religious type wasn't always fucking batshit insane
>>
>>30553351
To be fair the biker said he was religious
>>
File: drfreeman.jpg (81 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
drfreeman.jpg
81 KB, 1024x768
>>30553341
Best way to survive any scenario involving freaky alternate dimension monsters is to be pic related.
>>
>>30553341
Kill Carmody before she started making headway with her talk of blood sacrifice. Do it quietly. Spike a drink with sleeping pills, and cover her mouth and nose. As far as anyone would know, she died in her sleep.
>>
>>30553341

> obtain gun from teacher chick
> shoot religious bitch directly in the dome
> spend the rest of the movie chugging beer and running a train on the hot cashier chick
>>
Don't leave the store.
Keep the army guys on your side.
Smother the biblical chick in her sleep on something.
>>
>>30553716
Like my dick.

Seriously though, I just wouldn't fucking step outside probably unless they got in.
>>
>>30553341
this ones real easy

do everything the same

only don't shoot everyone at the end

get rescued
>>
File: flir.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
flir.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>>30553341
start making some firebombs with supplies from the bbq section, see if anyone has a flir enabled car, start some fires in the parking lot to see if i can burn off some mist and see what the fuck is going on.

at that point asses my options
>>
>>30553341
turn on all the light, scare the monsters away
>>
>>30555866
Dubs knows his monster-stoppin' shit.
>>
>>30553884
>only don't shoot everyone at the end

That dumb bullshit only happened in the movie anyway.

It was an incredibly contrived bit thrown in to try to give a little emotional punch to the film. Completely pointless and inconsistent with the characters.
>>
>>30555866
If no light, get under a blanket. Monsters can't get you if all your bits are under a blanket.
>>
>>30553341

Why would I be in the supermarket in the first place? The monsters or whatever they were were definitely susceptible to being shot and I don't have weapons for nothing.

Also, King is shit.
>>
Alot of flame throwers

Or make a huge bonfire as fire drives the mist away

From then on any gun will do probably maybe only 7.62 or up
>>
>>30555866
>>30558299
Dubs confirm best monster repellent method.
>>
>>30553341
I wouldn't really bother trying to "maintain peace" OR reveal that I'm armed. Probably try to blend into the background and maybe gather some supplies in a closet or something to use as a saferoom if everyone goes nuts; also I can shoot them if they try break in; they don't know I have a gun.

So, like even if the main glass window goes down, I think I would be pretty alright since the critters probably aren't going to try break into a random closet for no reason, and I'd stick around there until I ran out of water or the army knocked on the door or I could hear people outside or something.

fuck trying to be a hero
>>
Ollie should have lived. Also, toss Carmody out on her ass. The movie ending a shit. Someone needs to make a /k/ version of that movie.
>>
File: Goedendag.jpg (37 KB, 526x328) Image search: [Google]
Goedendag.jpg
37 KB, 526x328
>>30553341
>How would you handle being stuck in 'The Mist' supermarket /k/?

Barricade the glass similarly to how they did in the movie and do a whole lot of nothing. I've always thought that movie would've been better if the dude getting murdered in the back room hadn't been magically silent to the rest of the store and the people who wanted to leave were motivated by fear instead of dickishness. Also, I wouldn't have open containers of flammable liquids in the middle of the store.

I feel like a kitchen knife tied to a broom handle would work wonders against pretty much everything in the mist that wasn't car sized, although the spiders seemed like a bitch.

The ending sucked.
>>
File: image.jpg (259 KB, 670x377) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
259 KB, 670x377
>mfw Carol survives the Mist
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.