[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /k/ Going to get rid of my truck soon, as I won't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: 299134[1].jpg (108 KB, 1400x559) Image search: [Google]
299134[1].jpg
108 KB, 1400x559
Hello /k/

Going to get rid of my truck soon, as I won't need it anymore. Is a newer Ford Explorer an acceptable /k/ar? Some context:

>military/LE
>light offroading, easy trails to get to house. no mudding
>lots of pavement driving otherwise
>DD

Opinions appreciated. Also, vehicles of /k/ thread, I guess.
>>
Best gen Dodge is the only correct answer
>>
>>30552035
>parked halfway out into street
Real asshole
>>
>new explorer
>new ford anything

fuck no.

especially the explorer, that thing is fucking canyonero huge.
>>
>>30552035
already have a 1st and 2nd gen bronco
>>
File: miau.jpg (45 KB, 600x566) Image search: [Google]
miau.jpg
45 KB, 600x566
>>30552060
it's not as big as my F150 though
>>
>>30552002
SUVs are for soccer moms too afraid to drive a regular as sedan.

Unless it's a Bronco.
>>
>>30552084
but they have slightly better ground clearance than a sedan

like I said I live in a pretty rural area, it's more of a used trail of a driveway
>>
The new Explorers are actually pretty good, not unreasonable as a DD, They're not the best 4x4's though.
>>
>>30552002
>implying modern SUVs are SUVs anymore
they're all just 60K "family hauler" crossovers
>>
>>30552060
>new anything
FTFY
>>
>>30552129
>>30552113
>>30552060
what should I get in lieu of that, then?
>>
Have a platinum. In black.

Very /k/omfy. Lots of room for ammo and guns.

I regret buying the black.... Always looks dirty

It has some get up and go power.
>>
>>30552002
That looks like a chink rip off version of a Range Rover Evoque and that's a real hairdressers vehicle anon
>>
>>30552138
toyota tacoma
>>
>>30552162
the evoque came out after this design, didn't it?

>>30552148
>room for ammo and guns
That's basically what I had in mind. Kind of a dark gray, slate color, though. I just want something with good interior room, but also not to be completely neutered as a FWD

>>30552164
I don't want a truck anymore, and I especially have no use for a mid-size truck
>>
>>30552174
I think the Evoque was before this newer version of the Explorer
>>
>>30552100
I live in a rural area and drive a honda civic. If you think you need a SUV to go down a dirt or gravel road or even a forest service fire road you're a fuckin retard or you're just trying to justify getting an SUV for some other reason.
>>
File: 1418705047797.jpg (84 KB, 337x450) Image search: [Google]
1418705047797.jpg
84 KB, 337x450
>>30552138
I have no suggestions unless you'd like something made before 1990
>>
>>30552306
You're only paying attention to one aspect of my query. Besides, on the road I'm talking about, a dinky Honda Civic would get its bumpers destroyed. Read the thread.

If I could get a sedan, I would.
>>
The new Explorer is a shitty overglorifed car.
Zero offroad capability. Zero.
Look for something else.
>>
>>30552002
You're going to get confused for LAPD SWAT. Links related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3fp7mDN4B4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt0juYU3hmg
>>
Toyota 4runner, same frame and engine I think as the Tacoma
>>
>>30552174
>completely neutered as a FWD
What the fuck man

This hurr hurr 4wd/awd offroading shit is bullshit pushed by car companies to sell their heavy awd/4wd cars. FWD/RWD can get through a majority of shit and unless your car is going to encounter serious mud or river crossing on a near-daily basis it's not worth getting awd or 4wd for a dd. It's heavier, more expensive and sucks more fuel while delivering less power. The kind of conditions that would favour an AWD is usually going to require way more ground clearance than that soccer mum's car.
Snow on the road is another time where 4wd/awd would be advantageous but a fwd/rwd can also get through the same snow, albeit a bit slower.

So my question is; why sacrifice weight, fuel economy (both of these are pretty fucking important for DDs) and performance for a 4wd/awd drivetrain in a car that will rarely (if ever) truly need?
Just get a fucking sedan. You can fit shitloads of guns/ammo/people, FWD, RWD, AWD and at half the weight.
>>
File: 52DfaMj.gif (2 MB, 300x164) Image search: [Google]
52DfaMj.gif
2 MB, 300x164
>>30552783
>you don't NEEEEEED 4wd/AWD
>you just NEEEED a sedan, nobody NEEEEEDS an Assault Utility Vehicle
Get the fuck outta here
>>
>>30552820
4wd/awd is a worse drivetrain compared to fwd/rwd in a car that can't take advantage of the advantages offered by 4wd/awd.

What I'm saying is that 4wd/awd is a dumb choice for a dd unless you have to cross a river every day to get to/from your house. This should be very obvious.
>>
File: clown car.jpg (246 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
clown car.jpg
246 KB, 1000x750
>>30552002
>Is a newer Ford Explorer an acceptable /k/ar?

You're going to regret it...

I got rid of my Chevy S-10 for a Saturn Vue and I've been regretting the lack of a truck bed every since.

If you've got kids to haul around and need a back seat, get a "crew cab" type pick-up truck instead.
>>
>>>/o/
>>>/o/
>>>/o/
>>
>>30552002
Wow look its almost a range rover.
>>
>>30552138
Something with a mechanical engine that doesn't require a computer to fix the problems
>>
>>30552002
Explorers are fucking dumbass fast given their size. In 2016 Ford started using aluminum which is why this >>30552060 old but still massive faggot came back to tell you not to buy it.

They have a bad blind spot though, so if you /do/ end up getting one, double check before you turn or you might slam into someone.

>>30553277
2015~ model drive-by-wire fixed most of the shit problems that earlier models had. What's neat about computers is that you can fine tune your fuel injection to either lean it and conserve on mpgs, or really open that bitch up. If you know the right dudes, a good tuning will take less than a couple of hours and cost you only a few hundred bucks if they've got a dyno around.

Unless you're some fudd-ass faggot who believes that the extra horsepower that most pick-ups have will oust a good driver driving something like a Dodge Challenger or Ford Mustang. Then I'd call you an idiot.
>>
OP here. I just watched a video of the Explorer going on the types of trails I had in mind. Absolutely pathetic. I didn't think they sat THAT low to the ground.
>>
>mfw iv been using a company gas card for the past 10 years and can't relate to poorfags.

Hummer H2
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.