[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /k/ opinion on Savage I've never owned a Savage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: k9n4A478j_8P0556tI1[1].png (74 KB, 900x233) Image search: [Google]
k9n4A478j_8P0556tI1[1].png
74 KB, 900x233
What is /k/ opinion on Savage I've never owned a Savage and I'm looking at the model 11 I want a bolt action .308 with iron sights and I'm tight on cash I'm looking at spending around $600 would pic related be a good option?
>>
>>30550547
>I want a bolt action .308 with iron sights and I'm tight on cash
Does it need to be in .308? A mosin will do the job for half the price.
>>
>>30550701
This. I saw one for around $300 at Turners. I might be wrong because my memory is fuzzy.
>>
>>30550701
I would prefer a .308 I live in northern California and I need something with range and would allow me easily get ammo during the happening I have a mosin and I'm looking a building a scout riffle worse comes to worse Ill scout riffle said mosin
>>
>>30550729
>northern California
Lucky you, SC is shit and especially the weather.
>>
>>30550547
I've heard the Tika is better considering that it's only about 1+1/3 of the price of the Savage. It also has better bullet types than .308 like .300 win mag.
>>
>>30550547

Savage makes good rifles, and actually has decent QC.

Go for it.

>>30550833
300 win mag is only better if you are doing things that require more power. Better is a meaningless word unless it is quantified.
>>
>>30550805
How is it shit?
>>
>>30550805
NorCal is not to bad as long as your north of Chico and Ignore the rest of cali at least Shasta county gives out CCW permits pretty easy like
>>
>>30550851
SoCal is what makes California suck
>>
>>30550547
Yes, it's a damn good option.
>>
i like my savage 10, like the accustock and accutrigger, hate the 4 round magazine though.
>>
>>30550547
I love my hog hunter

if .308 isn't enough, they do a 338winMag or for cheaper ammo, they have a .223 rem variant also

I put a redfield with quick detach scope rings on mine, came in just over $600 iirc
>>
>>30550547
I have one of those. Bought it for 470. It's nice, but the bolt is a little gritty and takes a lot of working in and the stock is COMPLETE FUCKING SHIT. It's insanely plastic and gross.

If you want to take this and tweak it to make it a scout rifle or add a detachable mag, it's cheaper and easier to buy a Ruger Scout Rifle.
>>
>>30550547
>>30552156
Just gonna second the

Savage makes amazing barrels. So good a lot of their business is selling barrels to other gun manufacturers, especially the small boutique operations.

That said, their stocks are flimsy, awful, shitty, terrible.

Either buy an aftermarket stock for 200$ or go with another brand. Their 11's and 111's are the worst for shitty stocks.

Ignore anyone suggesting a Moist Nugget. Those are really shitty rifles if you care anything at all about accuracy.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.