[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tales from Armslist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
File: IMG_0032.jpg (81 KB, 517x919) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0032.jpg
81 KB, 517x919
Can we get an Armslist thread going? I'm trying to sell a few guns to pay the rent (sad, I know, but I'm still looking for a job, need the money, and have multiple copies of some of my guns). I forgot what it's like to deal with these idiots, though.

Pic related was my first reply on an ad for a Browning Hi Power I'm selling. How do you deal with people like this? I feel like I'd be missing out to just ignore interest on a gun I'm selling, but none of the people asking for my "lowest price" have ever been serious. Is there some secret code reply that they are waiting for, or is there no dealing with them at all? Is it possible that these replies are ATF, looking for sellers who are "too motivated" to sell their guns?

Also, general Armslist story-time thread?
>>
File: faak4.png (110 KB, 730x731) Image search: [Google]
faak4.png
110 KB, 730x731
Saw this one local a while back
Asked for internals pic.
>>
File: faak2.jpg (286 KB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
faak2.jpg
286 KB, 2448x2448
>>30549046
Wait a second, that doesn;t look right. Can you show me the side?
>>
>>30549063
Is there a plug in the barrel or something?
>>
File: faak3.jpg (304 KB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
faak3.jpg
304 KB, 2448x2448
>>30549063
Bruh.
ATFplsgo
>>
File: faak5.png (135 KB, 1677x551) Image search: [Google]
faak5.png
135 KB, 1677x551
>>30549075
Oh that makes it ok I guess.
>>
>>30549025
They just don't understand the concept of haggling. These idiots can't haggle an offer and counter offer so they think others out there will actually be stupid enough to offer their lowest price just because they asked.

I just tell them to fuck off, my bottom price is in the listing price.
>>
>>30549025
When they ask what your lowest price is you give them your lowest price+$50, then they'll say some bullshit and you offer them your lowest price and they take it because they think they've got one over on you
>>
>>30549025
A non-resident tried to buy a shotgun from me once, kept trying to convince me that it was OK for me to sell to an illegal.
>>
>>30549212
Say what you want about universal background checks, but after they passed in WA it's spooky how many people drop all contact when you request a transfer, even if you cover the cost.
>>
>>30549248
You're an idiot. That's because most gun owners don't want to be tracked by the government.
>>
>>30549279
Sorry famalam but when the guy's email says his name is Carlos Perez or some shit and he vanishes at the mention of a transfer... gonna go out on a limb and say he's illegal.
>>
>>30549311
>one guy
>>30549248
>how many people
>>
>>30549311
Here in VA some people request transfers 'for their peace of mind'

Their posts gets bumped and bumped and bumped because no one wants to go through that nonsense.
>>
>>30549074
No but there is an auto sear
>>
>>30549350
Rip doggo
>>
>>30549311
Here in NH most people just want an NH DL and a CC permit to do a private sale.
>>
>>30549327
>I don't understand examples
It's happened multiple times, usually people in areas known to be shit. I'd had it happen before the law saying I expected to see ID, just not as common.

A respectable person can just say no, or ask not to. It's sketchy when they bail without a word.
>>
>>30549430
Sketchy is all in your mind.
>>
>>30549025
>watcher bottom line price
These people are the scum of the Earth. Just block their numbers.
>>
File: 1446869999188.jpg (78 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1446869999188.jpg
78 KB, 640x480
Obligatory.
>>
>>30552227
i'd give 150 for this if it came with all the magazines, parts, ammo, brass, cardboard and the camera that took the picture
>>
>>30552227
Is that frame made out of fucking particle board that's falling apart?
>>
>>30552227
What is that, cork?

Did he duracoat the poly with feces?
>>
>>30552472
I don't know. That's what makes it so horrifying.
>>
>>30549025
>How do you deal with people like this?
Ignore them.

The two worst things about using Memebook or Armslist to do private sales is you have the retards trying to trade a $75 break action and a HiPoint 9mm for a Glock or AR straight up (actual offer I saw on a Facebook sell/trade group), or people who are super cheap and too lazy to bother looking at market prices for firearms and constantly message you asking for your "bottom dollar", even if you don't put OBO.
>>
File: nigger_r_u_srs.jpg (19 KB, 396x469) Image search: [Google]
nigger_r_u_srs.jpg
19 KB, 396x469
This happened...
>>
>>30553875
Oh I forgot, there's also the people wanting to trade fucking 4 wheelers, boat engines, shitty broken down trucks etc. for guns.

Like nigger, do you really think I want some fucking scuba gear that you don't want?
>>
File: 4688d74.png (311 KB, 900x702) Image search: [Google]
4688d74.png
311 KB, 900x702
>>30549075

>mfw he literally dremeled the f/a select into the receiver
>>
>>30553897
Fuck you you're not me, but I do agree. Especially since my ad said "No trades, cash only" like 3 times
>>
>>30553926
>Fuck you you're not me

No I'm
>>30553854
>>
>>30553875
Tell him to turn it into 2000$ in money then come back.
>>
>>30553875
He just wanted to trade hobbies
>>
>>30553967
I had a guy who wanted to pay with silver. I told him I only accept federal reserve notes, so we met at a coin store and he turned his silver into money.
>>
File: everything.jpg (4 MB, 3626x2720) Image search: [Google]
everything.jpg
4 MB, 3626x2720
I want to sell my AR, but I've never sold a gun before. I'd prefer to sell it to someone in person because it seems like less of a hassle than selling online. What's the preferred payment method when selling a gun online?
>>
>>30553926
i'll trade you a stack of lowes gift cards with less than 1.00 on each of them totalling around 400. deal?
>>
>>30554091
What's your bottom dollar?

I'll give you a john boat that needs some patches, a boat engine that needs a new carburetor, and a go at my sister wife.
>>
>>30554042
>taking paper money over silver
Sorry about your retardation m8
>>
>>30554190
>Sorry about your retardation m8

PLEASE LIST FOR ME ALL OF THE RETAIL PAYING PLACES THAT TAKE COMMODITIES

MAYBE I CAN BARTER $2000 WORTH OF SCUBA EQUIPMENT TO MY LANDLORD FOR THREE MONTHS OF RENT
>>
>>30554228
have you ever given it a shot?
>>
>>30554228
My fucking sides
>>
>>30554228
>scuba equipment
>precious metal

Sorry but precious metals (like silver) will always inherently be more valuable than scuba shit and paper money. Had the silver been in the amount that the gun was worth (since he sold it for paper money to buy the gun I assume it was) then the "paper money only" fag lost in the long run.
>>
>>30554241
>have you ever given it a shot?

No, because it's fucking stupid. A landlord doesn't want $2000 of your buyer's remorse.

I know, because my girlfriend's family owns and rents out properties all over my home city. They want money to pay for maintenance, pay their own bills, and pay property taxes.

Next you're going to ask if they ever asked the state if they'd take $10000 in the form of a broken down S10 pickup, a four wheeler, three left shoes, and a used Real Doll for property taxes.
>>
>>30554228
Maybe, have you asked?

I paid rent with 3k rounds of 9mm once
wasnt my best decision but i was desperate
>>
I'd take silver or gold for my SA national match M1A with mags and sling
>>
>impulse buy .300 BLK AR for $1400 at FFL
>don't shoot it a year later
>still in the box
>put it on armslist for $1100
>"Will you take $600 or trade for my glawk"
>>
>>30554290

I completely agree with this guy. Precious metals are not the same as a pile of random shit.
>>
>>30554290
>will always inherently be more valuable than scuba shit and paper money.

That must be why all of those places are trying to get you to buy silver and gold. The money you're giving them is worthless, they're just being nice and trying to set you up for the inevitable collapse.

>>30554303
>I paid rent with 3k rounds of 9mm once

Your landlord was being incredibly nice. So nice that you don't even know, like 10 Mr Rogers on a scale of 1-10 Mr Rogers.
>>
>>30554292
meh whatever meng i've traded all sorts of shit from tools to guns. It's up to the two parties involved to settle a price

traded a tacticooled out 870 for a window replacement for my truck. glad everybody isn't as jaded as you
>>
>>30554334
>glad everybody isn't as jaded as you

It's not jaded to not want some bullshit for a gun when I want the widely accepted representation of labor.
>>
>>30554316
>being completely unaware that you are being ripped off.
This is why they run ads like that, so retards like you will see them and sell your gold off for a fraction of the price.
>>
>>30554351
not everybody thinks like you friendo
>>
>>30554359
>so retards like you will see them and sell your gold off for a fraction of the price.

Try again Cletus.

>>30554316
>That must be why all of those places are trying to get you to buy silver and gold.
>>
>>30554351
when someone offers you something other than cash do you freak out and start hitting yourself in the head?
>>
>>30549025

I've sold a number of guns on Armslist. Yeah I get the usual lowballs and trade offers for guns worth half as much. But overall I've had very good experiences. When I find a seller all but one has been a pleasure to deal with.

The one guy got pissed when I asked him to put his info on the bill of sale (Keep in mind, I tell people in my ads that I require it, and always mention it again during the negotiations). Anyways, as soon as he throws a fit I close up my gun case and tell him I'm leave. He gets even more angry and says I owe him that gun (no money has changed hands). Starts coming at my car, sweep cover garment away, and he thinks better of it. Then sped away with my heart going crazy thinking he was going to follow me.
>>
>>30554400
>try again Cletus
Prove me wrong, can you get better deals selling your gold online or through cash4gold type sales?
>>
>>30554407
>when someone offers you something other than cash do you freak out and start hitting yourself in the head?

No, I tell them to fuck off if I explicitly state I want cash.

Why do you feel entitled to dump off your garage clutter onto me for something I want to sell?

>>30554448
>Prove me wrong, can you get better deals selling your gold online or through cash4gold type sales?

Read again you dense fuck, I never said anything about selling gold/silver.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffreydorfman/2014/10/09/caveat-emptor-dont-buy-the-ads-for-precious-metals/#31dfb8e26dc6
>>
>>30554448
people don't buy gold and silver just to immediately sell it online at a steep loss. They buy it as a form of long term investment or trade
>>
>>30554334
This reminds me of my cousin. Guy runs a septic business (Portapotties) based in rural MD. A lot of people would offer him guns as collateral, and consequently he has a gun room with 150+ firearms, a skeet range at his house, and one of the most successful portapotty companies in the area.
>>
>>30554491
if he didn't have such a "shitty" attitude he'd be doing much better

i once cut down a tree on my apartment complex for 300 bucks off my rent.
>>
>>30554426
>The one guy got pissed when I asked him to put his info on the bill of sale (Keep in mind, I tell people in my ads that I require it, and always mention it again during the negotiations). Anyways, as soon as he throws a fit I close up my gun case and tell him I'm leave. He gets even more angry and says I owe him that gun (no money has changed hands). Starts coming at my car, sweep cover garment away, and he thinks better of it. Then sped away with my heart going crazy thinking he was going to follow me.
ITT: things that never happened.
>>
>>30554465
That article was about investing in gold/silver. I'm talking buying physical gold/silver,like the post I replied to.
>dude wants to pay silver for my gun
>refuse, make him trade in for Monopoly money
>sell gun for Monopoly money
You should have taken the silver. Regardless of the price fluctuations, silver will ALWAYS be more valuable than paper money, no matter what happens.
>>
>>30554310
How much you spent isn't indicative of how much it's worth.
>>
>>30554533
He's got a multi million dollar portapotty company and a large amount of firearms, in addition to enough land to use them without anyone bothering him.

I'd say he's living The American Dream.
>>
>>30554490
I was saying this to value the guys silver that was sold for paper money to buy the gun against just giving the gun for paper money.
Precious metals>the same value in paper money every time.
Was the point I was trying to make.
>>
>>30554568
right its determined by how badly the buying party wants it and how much the selling party is willing to lose.

i don't understand the negative attitude towards people low balling you when haggling in a sale.
>>
>>30554533
>if he didn't have such a "shitty" attitude he'd be doing much better

Nah I'm doing fine famalam.

>>30554553
>Regardless of the price fluctuations, silver will ALWAYS be more valuable than paper money, no matter what happens.

Which is why all of these savvy investors are trying to get me in on this booming opportunity.
>>
ITT autistic fuckers who carry silver coins around to pay for goods because it's more valuable in the long run.
>>
>>30549025
As with selling anything online, such as craigslist or kijiji, free is too much for some people. Seriously, they want you to drive to see them and then they'll offer half what it's worth just so they can flip it to their buddies.
>>
>>30554585
>Precious metals>the same value in paper money every time.

Yeah, because I can melt it down into bullets in case of a werewolf attack.

Try doing that with your inferior paper money.
>>
>>30554604
cry more faggot
>>
>>30554612
You've obviously never had a paper cut.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-15-22-31-09.png (291 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-15-22-31-09.png
291 KB, 540x960
Taurus operator gun
>>
>>30554598
Are the savvy investors asking you to invest in silver? Only buy precious metals that you will possess. If you don't possess them, they're worthless and you will lose money.

>>30554612
This anon knows what's up. Just don't melt all your silver down. Serious buyers want proof coins or better
>>
>>30554568
I'm aware

MSRP was $1400, it still is $1400.

It has sat in my closest and collected dust. It might not be "worth" what I'm asking but considering that it's brand new, unfired and entirely unmolested, I think that $1100 is a very fair price because anywhere else you could buy it, would be $300 more, without the additional taxes. It's a gucci rifle with KAC rails and shit.

Even if it isn't worth what I'm asking, I know for a fact it is worth more than a used Glock 22 or $600 in a poorly worded reply
>>
Any WA residents here? I have an FNXT for sale and this guy wants to meet up and complete the transaction without an FFL transfer. Seems shady and I'm not considering it. Do LEOs try to set people up on Armslist like prostitution stings? He serms pretty cavalier about it. How fucked would I potentially be if I sold it to him directly? Way too paranoid to risk a firearms related charge.
>>
>>30554680
*seems
>>
Guy who declined the silver here.

I don't doubt that the silver would be the better store of value than cash, but a) I was selling the gun to pay bills. I would just take the silver to a coin store myself anyway, so I wanted to save the trip. Since coin stores usually take a small fee when they buy precious metals, I didn't want to make a mistake in bartering for the gun where I ended up with less money than I wanted to get. And b) if the silver was in the form of bullion, I have no way to tell if a coin or medallion I'm unfamiliar with is a fake. Seriously, how is this so hard for people to understand? I wanted cash. I said I wanted cash in the ad. I have no obligation to accept anything other than cash.
>>
>>30554664
>This Taurus pistol was developed for US military use

Holy kekalek.
>>
>>30554702
calm down guy nobody really gives a shit
>>
>>30554702
>I have no obligation to accept anything other than cash.

DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND THIS STUFF THAT ISN'T MONEY AND NO LONGER VALUABLE TO ME IS TOTALLY WORTH MORE THAN THE CASH YOU WANTED FOR YOUR GUN
>>
>>30549025
ttbh really want to buy a Browning Hi Power, link me to your armslist please
>>
Not Armslist but I think the story will fit. I was talking to a buddy of mine from work and he was telling me that a guy he knows is talking about selling his AK for $500 to save up for an AR build, he told me this cause he knows I'm into guns. I tell him I'd be interested and he gives me the guys number.
I call him up and told him I was interested in the rifle and asked for some details on it (manufacturer, accessories, whatnot) and if he had pics. He said it's "one of them ruskie AK47's, the real deal" and I'm immediately calling bullshit but decide to keep asking anyway to see if he had something decent and just didn't know a damn thing about the rifle in question.
The pics he sent me were within the first page of pics if you Google AK47, and he went on to say that he doesn't actually have the rifle with him in his home at the time cause he leant it to his cousin a few months back.
He said if I want it I can just mail him the money and he'll have his cousin just mail the gun to me whenever he receives it.
At that point I figured it was a scam so I just gave up. Whole fucking thing was just unreal.
>>
>>30554747
>calm down guy
Cool it with the passive-aggressive comments. No one is getting worked up here.
>>
>>30554680
i believe it is a misdemeanor for the first offense of 594. you will be the first that i know of to be charged with any violations of 594
>>
>>30554764
you typed a novel to explain why you didn't take the silver
>>
>>30554755
What state are you in?
>>
>>30554772
Well my original comment spawned a novel's worth of replies.
>>
>>30554757
Did you say anything about it to your coworker?

That's like a Nigerian Prince tier scam.
>>
>>30554702
Sorry about your situation senpai. In your boat I'd go for cash too. Landlords don't usually accept metals for rent no matter how hard I wish they did. All I'm saying is: metals>paper money in shtf situations.
>>
>>30554786
thats the point of this website
>>
>>30549401
Here in SD they didn't even ask for a DL or ccw, and the car I was in had Nebraska plates
>>
>>30553875

I'd take the offer if it meant he'd give me 2k while wearing scuba gear or that we'd do an underwater transfer.
>>
>>30554801
>metals>paper money in shtf situations.

Please name the last time SHTF in the US so bad you needed precious metals to barter with other people.
>>
>>30554820
>Please name the last time SHTF in the US so bad you needed precious metals to barter with other people.

Great Depression, faggot.
>>
>>30554820
yeah yeah we get it man people that buy silver are stupid preppers or insane anti govt types or whatever television tells you to call us these days
>>
>>30554844
How the hell do you know? You weren't alive then.
>>
>>30554856
what are written accounts alex
>>
>>30554820
>What is 1928 and the run on banks?
Has definitely happened before anon, not in our lifetime, but can happen again.
>>
>>30554856
>How the fuck would you know, 1930 was so fucking far away and it's not like people knew how to write books during that time.
>>
>>30554849
>yeah yeah we get it man people that buy silver are stupid preppers or insane anti govt types or whatever television tells you to call us these days

>Implying I don't think you're just stupid.

I have guns, I have emergency food and medical supplies because I live in a place that has regular natural weather that causes destruction and outage of utilities and basic services.

Just because someone thinks you're retarded doesn't mean they are brainwashed by the electric Jew.
>>
>>30554872
I don't know. What are they, faggot? I've read a lot about the Great Depression and I never heard an account that mentioned the US Dollar no longer being accepted.
>>
>>30554878
i'd be more than willing to trade shit for precious metals in a shtf scenario. it won't be the end of the world forever and it will always be an accepted currency everywhere
>>
>>30554585
Except this isn't true. Precious metals are only worth their market value in paper money. Gold has been going down in value since its peak in 2012. Sure if the economy crashed the silver would be worth more in trade. But the value in precious metals is only ever worth the market rate because no one will give you more for it because it's a precious metal
>>
>>30554887
>Just because someone thinks you're retarded doesn't mean they are brainwashed by the electric Jew.

ok stormfront
>>
>>30554881
Have you ever read a book about the topic?
>>
>>30554892

I'm not either of those posters nor involved in the discussion, but you might be the biggest fucking sperg on the board tonight. You're in the running for most retarded as well. Just tossing it out there. Sleep tight, honey.
>>
>>30554913
>never heard an account that mentioned the US Dollar no longer being accepted.

i think he may be retarded otherwise how would someone go so far off topic?
>>
>>30554912
>ok stormfront

>Memeing is now the same as being a white supremacist

Are you really that pooper peeved that people think you're retarded for carrying around silver bullion trying to pay for shit?
>>
>>30554677
Everything your saying is true unless you bought it during like sandy vagina and the price for a new one is like 800
>>
>>30554913

I know for sure I've read or heard stories of people unable to live on paper currency and having to survive on what gold or silver they possessed.
>>
>>30554773
Iowa, Northwestern portion.
Just showered, forgive reply time
>>
>>30554794
I told him his buddy sounded shady as shit and he said "yeah that sounds like him, probably should have warned you about that." That's how I learned my coworker is a fuckstick. He sweared he didn't think he would try to scam anyone but I think he might be too trusting or something. Or he was in on it, I don't fucking know anymore. That was 2 years ago, I still want an AK. Gotta go looking around and do some research again soon.
>>
>>30554927
your flipping out because he called you racist. Just calm down

unless you are racist in which case whatever
>>
>>30554680
First offense a misdemeanor, second felony
>>
>>30554921
>you dumb ass dummie, i hate you so much, you are so wrong, i hate you
>not the person you're replying to btw
Yeah, right.
>>
>>30554948
>your flipping out

lol is this bait?
>>
>>30554927
>retarded for carrying around silver bullion trying to pay for shit?

you millennial hipster kids sure are something
>>
>>30554925
>>30554933

Cite your sources.
>>
>>30554910
>If the economy crashed precious metals wouldn't be worth the same in the current economy
Of course not they'd be worth more or less based on the exchange rate and the availability in their market.
>>
>>30554957

I brought you some crow, in case you're hungry.
>>
>>30554935
Sorry, bro. Really don't want to post a link to an ad that has my phone number in it to 4chan. I'm not in Iowa or an adjacent state.
>>
>>30554966
jesus you are lazy as all fuck
>>
>>30549133
They're probably asking to see if your wasting time or actually want to sell the thing. Some armslistings are rediculous, someone wanted like 600 for a airweight smith and wesson snubby that got discontinued from manufacture 30 years ago, zero blueing on the frame, perfect blueing on the cylinder and barrel, blueing was worn off of the hammer. aluminum frame.38special not rated for +p ammo been floating around for 30 to 50 years who knows whats been fed in it and how well that frames held up since the bluing been stripped and it's clearly been fired many many times with no sign of holster wear, no where near in mint shape like at no point in the history of this world has that gun ever been worth what they were asking. Trying to haggle over that starting at that price is just dumb, make a serious starting point or stop wasting other peoples time.
>>
>>30554961
>you millennial hipster kids sure are something

>You damn kids not wanting to take the things I want to give for your stuff!

Unless you're middle aged, I'm older than you.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-09-00-02-41.png (363 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-09-00-02-41.png
363 KB, 1080x1920
>>30554978
>>30554957

Fresh, hot crow.
>>
File: i bought you some crow.jpg (46 KB, 733x550) Image search: [Google]
i bought you some crow.jpg
46 KB, 733x550
>>30554978
>I brought you some crow
What the fuck.
>>
>>30554990
i bet you are kiddo
>>
>>30554998

This is the part where you eat the crow.
>>
>>30554998

He's trying to say that he's proving you wrong.

Then he posted a screenshot from his phone that doesn't prove anything.
>>
>>30555014

It does, though. IF I was the guy he's arguing with, the post above mine would say (you)
>>
>>30554979
Oh, I getcha. Really do want a Hi-Power though, can you add me on some facebook throwaway?
>>
>>30555014
>He's trying to say that he's proving you wrong.
Is that how blacks talk these days? A couple years ago, all of a sudden every fucking thing was "based." Now everything is a black bird?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-09-00-07-30.png (387 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-09-00-07-30.png
387 KB, 1080x1920
>>30554998

More crow. Good crow.
>>
>>30549162
Or even better, you offer them your lowest price + $100, then knock $50 off it later on.
>>
This was going to be a nice thread, fuck you people.
>>
>>30555038
>Is that how blacks talk these days?

It's an old saying, as in you put your foot in your mouth.

You said something shitty or stupid that was wrong, and now you're eating crow.
>>
>>30555027
>the post above mine would say (you)
If you made the original post from your computer, and then went to your phone to make a screenshot, then the original (You) will be missing, since it's a cookie-based function, and not an IP-based function. Cookies from your browser on your computer obviously aren't going to be present on your phone.

Need anything else explained? Like how the US Dollar never became worthless during the Great Depression?
>>
>>30555038
eat crow is an old euphamism he probably picked up in school or something. he's also posting screen captures as quotes like some sort of mentally handicapped person
>>
>>30555028
Just look on Gunbroker. There are a million surplus Hi Powers in great condition in the $450-550 range.
>>
>>30554899
Yes silver and gold will always be universally accepted. US dollars? I hope so, but I'm not optimistic.
>>
>>30555043
The amount of contempt you seem to have for our intelligence is mind boggling.
>>
>>30555058

Yeah, I'm not that technologically advanced, bro. Nor do I own a functioning computer.

The fact that you think anyone would go through that effort for you is also amazing and reflects a little bit more of you.
>>
>>30555088
i can trade silver and gold for the ultimate currency however

whores
>>
>>30555101
I don't believe you.
>>
>>30553897
The scuba gear is probably stolen and the locals are keeping an eye on any attempted sale of scuba gear
>>
>>30555101
>Nor do I own a functioning computer.

a homeless kid is giving us financial advice
>>
>>30555089

I ain't gonna claim to be all that bright, but I'm ahead of you by a safe pistol shot, I'd wager.
>>
>>30555106
Kekmate.
>>
File: 1350235943757.jpg (115 KB, 1024x763) Image search: [Google]
1350235943757.jpg
115 KB, 1024x763
>>30555125
>>
>>30555101
>Yeah, I'm not that technologically advanced, bro.

>I'm not technologically advanced enough to post on my PC and then go into the same thread on my phone and take screenshots.

My fucking sides dude.

>>30555122
>a homeless kid is giving us financial advice

My sides have now broken the speed of sound.
>>
>>30555116

That's your choice.

>>30555122

I'm not homeless, I just use a tablet and tablet keyboard for anything I need typed. Nor am I giving financial advice. I'm not for or against trading metals, I just wanted to point out how spergy you are. Seeing as how I disrupted the discussion pretty well, I'm thinking I said something you didn't much want to hear.
>>
>>30555152

Man, I can operate text, calls, the Web and tinder. And netflix and my autopay shit for bills.

I still don't understand what cookies are, really.

Just a low-tech kind of guy.

I still own an Xbox 360.
>>
>>30555154
>Seeing as how I disrupted the discussion pretty well, I'm thinking I said something you didn't much want to hear.
Yes. You acted like a self-important jackass and derailed the topic of discussion for a prolonged period of time. On a real forum, you'd have been banned and your posts deleted. I guess the reason you're here is because you have nowhere else to go.
>>
>>30555188

I'm here because this is literally the best firearms forum on the internet. I can derail one thread and then go act right in another. Pretty nifty, pretty fucking nifty.
>>
>>30554968
>made the same exact point that was already made in the same post. Congrats were all super happy to learn you can read.
>>
>>30555154
are you the guy that lives in a polish families basement with club fingers and a collection of shrek movies?

>Man, I can operate text, calls, the Web and tinder.

>tinder

theres a very good chance your wearing some womans skin as a suit right now isnt there
>>
File: image.jpg (200 KB, 800x1019) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
200 KB, 800x1019
>>30553897
>>
>>30555188
millenial kids gonna attention whore

your right though arguing with this retard is fucking up OP's thread.
>>
>>30555223

No, I live in a small house innawoods and have an absolutely extensive collection of John Wayne movies.

And no, I'm not wearing anyone's skim right now. Got two dates this weekend, though, so here's hoping.
>>
>>30555225
>I don't give a fuck.

I would drink with this man.
>>
>guy contacts me regarding my rifle
>price on Armslist is 650, know im going to get cut down a bit
>guy emails me, offers 600
>k that works for me
>arrange date and place
>sends me an email
>"hey i have 500 cash that work?"
>lol no faggot eat dick you said 600
>>
>>30552227

GHOST GLOCK
>>
>>30555225
>NAMBLA mailing list

My sides
>>
Is he gone?
>>
>>30554820
katrina
>>
>>30555469
Stop.
>>
>>30555270
Last minute lowballers are scum of the earth. Had one try that shit in person after I turned away other potential buyers and deactivated my listing.
>>
>>30554553
Actually silver is a near worthless piece of shit. Gold is an only slightly better pile of garbage.

US dollars are literally worth more than their weight in gold. Always have been. Yes you read that right, there has never been a time in which gold was worth more by weight than US dollars. Not even close actually.

Anyone who claims gold will be worth something someday is an idiot. If the world falls apart US dollars will be infinitely more valuable than gold as they are one of the rarest physical things in the known universe, only created by a small tribe of Jews and used as the worlds currency whereas any idiot with simple tools and some free time can go collect gold in nature.
>>
>>30555270
I once drove an hour and 15 minutes to meet a guy who specifically told me that he wanted to buy both guns I was selling. When I got there, he gave me the cheesiest sob story about how he had just bought a gun and really shouldn't buy anymore, or if he bought anything it would be only one of them, how his wife was getting on his case, blah, blah, blah. He offered me about 50% of asking for both of them. When I threatened to walk, he finally coughed up almost the full amount ($50 short, but I was expecting a small amount of haggling and I needed the money, so I took it, shamefully).
>>
>>30554677
I'll trade you 10 M14 mags, a roll of silver coins (20 oz of pure silver), a stray dog that may or may not have rabies and an OEM ACOG mount for it.
>>
>>30555546
A US dollar weighs approximately 0.987 grams. Gold is currently $43.90 to a gram for something pure.
Source: Google
>>
>>30555546
>I have no idea what I'm talking about: The Post
The relative weight of the two currencies are irrelevant, what the fuck are you talking about? Dollar value is measured at face value, whereas gold is measured by weight. The weight of dollars is completely irrelevant.

Gold has always been, and will always be, more valuable than USD, simply because it is scarce, whereas billions of dollars pop in and out of existence at the stroke of a key.

>any idiot with simple tools and some free time can go collect gold
You know how much the gold they collect will buy them? Sweet fuck all. Under a gold currency, anyone can go dig up gold and use it as money. However, to do so effectively takes time, effort, manpower, and equipment. And at the end of it, you better hope you found more than you spent finding it. That is why gold is $1360/oz, because it's actually really hard to find it and process the ore into any valuable amount.
>>
Why the fuck are people still talking about gold? Get the fuck out of /k/.
>>
File: gold.jpg (24 KB, 575x224) Image search: [Google]
gold.jpg
24 KB, 575x224
>>30555754
Cry more.
>>
>>30555642
And the hundred dollar bill weights a gram too, a gram of gold is worth less than half of that.

Checkmate

I collect them all though, hundreds, twenties, gold, silver, even some copper, for the lulz.

Gold is not worth anywhere near what US dollars are though.
>>
>>30555780
Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>30555780
>Gold is not worth anywhere near what US dollars are though.
How do you not understand that this statement makes no sense? All economic value is relative. Gold is worth a certain number of US dollars, and a US dollar is worth a certain amount of gold. And both of them are worth a certain amount of bread, or cars, or computers, or anything else on the planet.

The difference is, the relative value of the dollar drops as dollars become more numerous, and it has been doing so nonstop for the past century. Gold, being relatively scarce, does not have this problem. Fiat currencies are always at risk of collapse, gold isn't.
>>
>>30555676
No, gold is worth 1300 an ounce because rubes are willing to pay that much for it.

The weight is relevant because how else are you going to compare the two? Even though US dollars can be magicked into the distance the hundred dollar bill is still worth more than twice its weight in gold. If gold is so incredibly valuable how do you rectify that?

Say I have a hundred dollar bill and a gram of gold, with the bill I can buy over two grams of gold, with the gram of gold I can only buy two twenty dollar bills and some singles.

Now which is more valuable for me at a store, fourty something dollars or a hundred?

And that's GOLD mind you, silver as you know is incredibly less valuable by weight so silver relative to US dollars is basically worthless.
>>
File: weimar.jpg (110 KB, 1060x500) Image search: [Google]
weimar.jpg
110 KB, 1060x500
>>30555854
>because rubes are willing to pay that much for it.
That is how the value for literally everything humans have ever exchanged has been calculated. Nothing has inherent economic value, all value is relative and subjective. True value for a given individual is determined at the point of exchange.

>how else are you going to compare the two
You're comparing them based on their portability (in which case, yes, paper is easier to carry that gold). That is not the only factor in determining whether a given money is desirable.

>Even though US dollars can be magicked into the distance the hundred dollar bill is still worth more than twice its weight in gold
Right now. You seem to be under the impression that this exchange value will never change. Look at pic related to see what happens when monetary scarcity is disregarded.
>>
>Put my saiga up for sale during the Sandy Vagoo bullshit
>Figure it's a quick way to make 5-600 bucks
>In MD too, so they're not selling any more of those (Statewide AWB)

>First reply
>Ey bro I see you're selling an AK I'll give you 500 cash if you toss in 1k rounds for it
>Second reply
>Can I trade you a 1989 Ford truck for it?
>Third
>I'll give you a Hi-Point and 200 bucks
>Fourth
>Hey guy so I live just around the corner, was wondering if it was still up for sale, I got the cash and all and I'll meet you wherever, thanks in advance!
>Go to reply
>Never replies

Armslist is full of fucking insane people and idiots.
>>
>>30553875
>this faggot doesnt wanna operate innasea
>>
>>30555937
Was the truck in good condition
>>
Here I was wanting to read a thread about shitty armslist encounters. Instead I got a thread with a bunch of angry autists arguing about precious metals. Welcome to /k/ I guess.
>>
>>30556147
I am somewhat culpable I think, I posted scuba man and it all went downhill from there
>>
>>30556147
threads here get derailed by texans arguing over burger joints.
>>
>>30556147
You can still save it. Report the shitposts and post good content.
>>
>>30555225
I laughed to hard at this lol
>>
>>30549025
when they ask for lowest I just reiterate the asking price.

Just don't take them seriously and you'll see how easy it becomes
>>
>>30554987
>tl;dr retard who doesn't know how to haggle
throw up and offer and keep chugging along
>>
>>30556663
I always go with "I want (asking price) but could make it up in trade if you've got something I want"

Sometimes they are good and you make a friend. Sometimes you get crazy fucking ghetto offers to give you a chance to receive stolen property while providing what is clearly a felon with a gun.
>>
>>30556670
Fuck that. Haggling is for people that have nothing else to do today. The offer is the offer. You get one chance to convince me my price is unfair for some reason or that you've got something to trade worth the difference. You start telling me a sob story and I'm fucking leaving.
>>
>>30556690
please be quiet while the adults are talking
I have 2 ads up atm and I spend less than 30s on each checking them a few times a week. If you can't spend 20s to write a sentence then how do you expect to get good deals. Youre probably a lazy shitbag that complains about other people who aren't low energy.
>>
>>30554316
They're trying to get you to buy silver and gold because they buy and sell massive amounts a day.

The prices on gold and (to a much greater extent) silver fluctuate a lot. Large online retailers buy precious metals for below the spot price and sell above the spot price. That business model means they make money no matter what happens with the price.

Unless this happened in like 2011 when prices were at an all-time high then you would have been much better off taking the silver. Prices are going back up currently, and you'd stand to make more money with some patience.

Alternatively, you could take the scuba gear and use it to scavenge sunken ships to find their precious bullion.

Either way, money is a sucker's way to go.
>>
>>30554936
Go with a zastava. Best fucking AK out there
>>
>>30555642
Wouldn't a $100 bill also weigh the same? In that case, it's worth double it's weight in gold
>>
>>30556690
Not much of a salesman, are ya?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-09-09-45-32.png (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-09-09-45-32.png
1 MB, 1440x2560
Spotted this gem today. Nearly double what this fuck probably bought it for
>>
>>30554573
>>30554598
Holy shit way to miss the fucking joke.
>port a potties
>"shitty" attitude
Dear God you kids are retarded.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160709-100653.png (566 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160709-100653.png
566 KB, 1440x2560
>live in metro Detroit
>use Armslist and Facebook a lot

>every other message is "what's your bottom dollar"
>most people send one message then disappear after I reply
>people offering me various lizards, birds, boats, motorcycle "fix-r-uppers", when I either say "no trades" or that I'm only interested in other guns
>once I put "no trades" a guy sent me an long email detailing his snake and everything that comes with it, and adds at the end if I don't want to trade I could buy it outright for cash
>guy has offered my brother his family dog named "Little Jim"
>niggers and white trash either disappearing at the agreed meetup time, never to be heard from again, or showing up with less cash that was agreed upon, or once, with a different gun that as agreed upon for a trade

I've made about a dozen successful deals, only 5 of which went off without a hitch. Have had four guys disappear off the face of the planet after reassuring me they'd be there, and two show up with less money/wrong gun. It's a total shitshow. I've done a few Craigslist deals too and Armslist/Facebook gun deals are infinitely worse when it comes to attracting idiots.
>>
>>30554316
They sell it at market +commision, and buy at market price, so they always make money, just like all commodities brokers
>>
>>30554936

You in WA? I'm looking to sell an AK
>>
>>30554910
When you spend 600 usd for an ounce (in the past) and you also had a stack of 600 in dollar bills from the same time, which onehas more monetary value atm?
>>
>>30554921
I'll help him just a bit. When the market crashed, the banks were all over extended giving loans to ppl that bought stocks that were now worthless. (Remember the recent banking "problem"?). When the banks closed because they had no cash to give their customers. After the banks reopened, for every dollar you had deposited there, they gave you 20 cents. I don't have to read a book about it, it's part of my immediate family's history.
>>
>>30554091Gunbroker, formalist, and capitalist can be okay. I got a new Sig p320 with a light/laser and three mags for 650 from a former marine. Cool guy. Just make deals with people who aren't tards
>>
>>30552227
>painted the wrong end of the mags
Gets me every time.
>>
I originally came here for a potentially good greentext thread. Now I'm just here watching people argue over precious metals. Kek
>>
File: image.jpg (291 KB, 1645x1291) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
291 KB, 1645x1291
Ok which one of you spergs posted this
>>
File: image.jpg (249 KB, 1667x1287) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
249 KB, 1667x1287
>>30559402
>>
Not armslist, but facebook. I posy my nugget that I mounted a no shit ww2 pu scope on. Would include over 100 rounds ammo, case, bent bolt, ect... I ask $500 for everything. Immediately get offers for $200, which the scope is worth more alone. One guy seemed serious, asking to see every fucking marking on it, and stops replying completely wasting my time. I am happy I did not sell in the long run but I thought I needed the cash to finance a build.
>>
>>30559414
me i'd give 75 bucks for it.
>>
>>30554091
Looks pretty sweet. Give ya two hedge trimmers n $1000 worth of dock installation labor for it
>>
>>30554816

sensiblechuckle.gif
>>
>>30559925

Ignore this fag

I'll give you a brand new two year old microwave, the front axle of a Ford truck, and a box of unopened Pokémon booster packs
>>
>>30555225

10/10, would masonry with.
>>
>>30555038
Holy shit, how dumb and illiterate are you that you don't know the phrase "eating crow". Jesus Christ, please go suck start a shotgun because you are either too young to be on this board or really need to stop being alive ASAP.

If English isn't your native language I can understand a bit, but goddamn son, you need to read a book.
>>
File: chamas.jpg (330 KB, 2400x1800) Image search: [Google]
chamas.jpg
330 KB, 2400x1800
>>30559402
>>30559414

If that could be verified and inspected prior to purchase, that would be something I would put in my man cave.
>>
>>30549063
>>30549350
newgunz here, could someone point out where the problem with the internals of the gun are? I get the concept of what an auto sear does, but i can't figure out where the problem is by looking at the picture.
>>
>>30549025
>Is there some secret code reply that they are waiting for

Yes
A number
>>
>>30561107
>hint: America isn't as free as everyone thinks
>>
>>30549025
You said the right thing. Just tell them that you already went through the trouble to set price so they either need to give you a number or move on. Worst you can say is no. These people used to bug the hell out of me.
>>
>>30561338
1/10

a german with nazi paraphernalia his father gave him
>>
>>30561365
close. Do me a favour and tell me what's wrong with my statement.
>>
>>30554303
Would love to pay rent with 3000 9mm a month. Cheaper than what I'm paying now.
>>
>>30561399
post had nothing to do with america

your just being a dick for no reason
>>
>>30561338
>literally nothing to do with what was asked
>>
>>30560668
OP here. I'm 30 years old and have a master's degree in linguistics. I've never heard the expression and I think you need to fuck off out of my thread.
>>
>>30559402
Would buy
>>
>>30561138
What am I supposed to say? $1? There's already a number in my ad if they actually tried reading it.

>>30561361
I used to explain it to them as you are sort of suggesting, but I never got any kind of progress.
>>
>>30554664

>Taurus
>unquestionable performance and reliability

Oh boy.
>>
>>30561552
>gun being sold in America
>American law
>Nothing to do with America

Ok Bud. Wasn't trying to talk bad about America in any way, laws are laws.
>>
>>30561568
Again, full auto Ak, not legal in the US. How does that have nothing to do with the question. It was a hint and not a direct answer.
>>
>>30561607
grasping for straws instead of just admitting you hate Americans and jump at the opportunity to insult them over simple shit
>>
>>30561635
Being this butthurt and implying Im not American. gg
>>
>>30555225

I like the cut of this man's jib.
>>
>>30561642
you can lie on an anonymous image board but you can't lie to yourself
>>
>>30561652
Ah you got me. Enjoy your full auto guns.
And remember:
>stating laws equals hating a country
>>
>>30561688
apparently we can't own full autos anymore
>>
File: imaspecialsnowflake.gif (43 KB, 900x711) Image search: [Google]
imaspecialsnowflake.gif
43 KB, 900x711
>>30561711
>>
>>30561574

> Masters in Linguistics

Then your thesis wasn't on American English, I wager. That phrase was extremely common at least as early as 50 years ago.
>>
>>30561574

>He's never heard "eating crow"

Get the fuck out of America.
>>
>>30549063
Maybe I'm retarded but I don't see the sear.
>>
>>30553875
Shit nigga I'd dump a basic bitch AR for scuba shit any day.
>>
>>30562046
Oh yeah? What book did you read it in?
>>
>>30556147
Yeah I'm kinda disappointed.

The only meager story I have to offer is I was trying to buy a Mosin from a guy and he just quit responding to me. And a week later listed his Mosin again. Faggot.
>>
>>30559793
Seems worth the $500. I woulda bought it hassle free.
>>
>>30552227
If I remember correctly this was advertised as having an "undercut trigger"
>>
>>30559402
>>30559414
I always see this thing up for sale. I'd totally buy it, but not for tree fiddy. Not on your life, champ.
People literally give those crates away so for one that's been finished up we're talking 150 max.
>>
>>30558277
Depends on what you do with your money. If you put $10k into the market 10 years ago you'd be looking at well over 20 by now.
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 334x181) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 334x181
>>30555819
>>
>>30562210
Too on the nose, mang. Plus, there's better threads to troll right now anyway.
>>
>>30558066
as far as snakes go thats a pretty good deal on the snake he's really helping someone out who want to get into snake ownership my friend wanted to do something similar with his bearded lizard that was also around 4 feet. Because he was a friend he offered 100 bucks for the entire set up.

If he wanted to trade a low value gun for that snake exibit I would do it in a heart beat.
>>
File: 1468008360321.jpg (110 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1468008360321.jpg
110 KB, 612x612
>>30561107
>could someone point out where the problem with the internals of the gun are?

The previous owner drilled the auto sear pin hole.

Regardless of whether or not it has any select-fire internals, the ATF considers it a machine gun.
>>
>>30562467
Ah, got it. Thanks.
>>
>>30555932
>Look at pic related to see what happens when monetary scarcity is disregarded.
you mean when the joos weren't buttered and coerced enough by the germans and said "ehhh today wer are gonna say the exchange rate of deutchmarks is now 100000000 marks to one USD"

I think "wolf of wall street" got it right when it said "Oh these? These are fun coupons! Here, take some, they are just coupons"
>>
>>30562538
They didn't set the exchange rate (at least, directly), the Reichsbank ran the printing presses 24/7 to pay for all the shit, including reparations, that they couldn't afford.

This is the problem inherent in all money you can just conjure out of thin air.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.