[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/. First time poster here. I'm looking to get my first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: Home-Defense-Rifle-1080x648.jpg (116 KB, 1080x648) Image search: [Google]
Home-Defense-Rifle-1080x648.jpg
116 KB, 1080x648
Hey /k/. First time poster here. I'm looking to get my first ever gun for home defense in the great state of Massachusetts. What do you recommend? I don't want to spend too much. Something under $500 please; can be used. This will be babby's first firearm.
>>
>Home defense
Stevens Model 320 Security Shotgun

>But I don't want a shotgun

Glock .42
>>
>>30538965
Glock 21.
>>
Hi.

What kind of home do you occupy? It's important to think of overpenetration and maneuverability.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9-E0DLQO1I
>>
>>30539000

Nice trips. I live in a single family home with just my wife. It's made out of brick, if that matters. We don't have any kids yet, but we are planning on having a few in the near future.
>>
>>30539019

Cool, cool.

Something with a stock deals with recoil a lot better, but will be less maneuverable in tight spaces. How much does your wife weigh? If she's 100lbs wet, then something like a pistol caliber carbine would probably be a good idea.

If you want something low cost, look at 9x19, .223 or 12 gauge.

You can find ammo costs with sites like this: http://gunbot.net/
>>
>>30539080
>How much does your wife weigh?

Only on /k/ would this question be asked for a serious reason.
>>
>>30539080

Thanks. Yeah, I'm torn between the easy usability of a shotgun and the maneuverability of a handgun. I am leaning towards handgun though. My wife weighs 120 lbs. She's pretty small. Thank you for the suggestions!
>>
File: handsafe.jpg (214 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
handsafe.jpg
214 KB, 750x750
>>30539286

I should also mention that my wife demands that the gun be locked up at all times when not in use. So a handgun would be more convenient because I could keep it in a handsafe next to my bed.
>>
>>30539286

Yeah, then definitely look at a pistol carbine.

Good options off the top of my head...

Keltec Sub2000
Aero Survival Rifle
HiPoint 995
Beretta CX4
>>
>>30538965

Hipoint Carbine
>>
File: sub2000_01.jpg (12 KB, 543x238) Image search: [Google]
sub2000_01.jpg
12 KB, 543x238
>>30539267

Hey, to be fair, I didn't ask about her height. Even if she was 190, she could've been like 6'4", lol.

>>30539329

That makes the Sub2000 an even better option, since it's collapsible.

Make sure you get the recently upgraded version, though. Much improved over the old model.
>>
>>30539372
That thing looks epic. Makes me want to goodify bad guys, lol
>>
>>30539430

Uses common pistol magazines, too, so you can get a matching handgun later.
>>
>>30539329
>my wife demands that the gun be locked up at all times when not in use.
So basically she's saying she doesn't trust you to own a gun
>>
>>30539551
Well, she just wants to make it a habit now for when we eventually have children, which will be relatively soon. We don't want babby playing with guns lol.
>>
Used Remington 870 12 gauge with number 1 buck, should cost less than $300
>>
>>30540315

you mean you don't give your kids unloaded guns to play with?

huh, ok. Never thought about that idea...
>>
>>30539329
You live in mass so you're required to have locked storage at all times anyway.

Do you have your license to carry yet?
>>
>>30539286

as has been mentioned before a pistol caliber carbine is a good idea, it's low recoil and easy to use, not to mention cheap to feed
>>
>>30538965
start your gun permit application now, it will take you at least 6 months to get the applicable handgun permit

or alternitavely, just get an FID and buy a shotgun. no test or meeting at police station or letter showing proof of need required. but you will be limited to shotguns and bolt rifles with 5 round cap
>>
>>30539329
thats a legal requirement in cuckchussetts anyway
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.