[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on gun locks and the like.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: product2.png (105 KB, 841x517) Image search: [Google]
product2.png
105 KB, 841x517
Hey /k/omandos I don't usually post on here, but lurk. Got into an argument with someone over gun locks that attach to ones gun. They want it to be mandatory that all guns have something like this http://www.zore.life/product/zorex
Or
http://getidentilock.com/
Looking for opinions on gun locks vs gun safes. Are they effective or detrimental(i.e. takes precious time to do pin before use that could get one shot/kill)
>>
Fuck off shill spammer
>>
My thoughts on this are that the first lock can easily get the owner killed because they can't unlock it due to adrenaline and stress, the second is a viable option but it seams heavy and would not fit into normal holsters but is quick on the unlock.
>>
>>30537502
I'm not a fucking shill, I want an actual opinion from /k/.
>>
theres already a thread about this
but you know that don't you shill
>>
>>30537491
If the gun has a lock on it it makes it unsuitable for home defense, as it will take that much longer to have it ready to use. If the gun isn't for home defense it shouldn't be out in the open at all if you have someone you want to keep from messing with it. Gun locks serve no purpose in my mind, get a good safe to stop any children or guests from touching your firearms at all
>>
>>30537491
Gun locks should only be considered for keeping children from shooting themselves with otherwise unsecured firearms. Even then they don't always work (you can pull the trigger with a trigger lock).

They do jack shit for theft because someone can walk away with your locked gun and they're some of the easiest to pick locks out there.

They will inhibit HD because
1.) it takes time you may not have
2.) requires dexterity and presence of mind to remember the code, which you may not have under stress
3.) could break or malfunction such that you can't fire your HD gun

A safe is always a good idea. The heavier and thicker and more bolted into the ground the better. I don't think there's anything wrong with having a home defense firearm ready to go (e.g. not in a safe) so long as you are around to be in control of it. Otherwise, it's a good idea to lock them up to prevent theft and unauthorized use.
>>
>>30537570
Also
>fingerprint reader

I can't even get the fucking reader to work on my phone half the time. What if you're covered in sweat or blood and shaking in fear?
>>
>>30537815
This.
If kids are in or come into your home, lock em up and any guns not locked up should be on you and monitored at all times.
If you have a kid and you worry about HD access, drop cash for those quick access safes.

I never got trigger locks. I tried a few and unless you get the right size and put them on right, with enough play, you can still pull the whole lock and trigger.
>>
>>30537491

>yeah, im gonna go ahead and ask you to stop shilling.jpg

you could have made your point without the two links. fuck off.
>>
The only time I would consider getting one of these is whenever I have kids... And that is for the non HD guns I have in my collection since I just keep them in a locked display rack in my home office...
>>
There is literally no reason to put a lock on a gun.

A firearm should either be locked in your safe or on your person.

A lock does nothing in either case
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.