[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/ you guys really helped me out a few weeks back by giving
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
File: Da Gun Sale.jpg (72 KB, 476x316) Image search: [Google]
Da Gun Sale.jpg
72 KB, 476x316
Hey /k/ you guys really helped me out a few weeks back by giving me some great recommendations for cheap weapons. Unfortunately I called away by business and unable to keep up with the thread before it 404ed, although I remember seeing some great charts and infographs and such.
I won't bore you with all the details, but basically I will have very little money to my name for a while, am completely no-gunz currently, and am very interested in begining to become a gun owner. I'm primarily looking for a handgun, but please give me and other kinds of recommendations or advice on into-ing guns or suggestions for larger weapons.
My dream gun is a springfield ultra compact 1911, but there's no way I can afford that right now. Also a gun with ammo and maintenance on the cheaper side would be great. Thanks!
>>
>>30536359
that infographs fucking worthless
>>
You really should give us more to work with, OP. For what purpose do you want a gun?

If it's for security, consider a sub-compact or a compact. If you're not concerned about that, your options open up. Do you have a specific caliber you're interested in shooting? Consider the prices of ammo.

Think, man, think!
>>
>>30536378
Well I have been lurking here for a few months now, and trying to learn more. I've always been really fascinated by guns. Also /pol/ is my main board, and it just seems like shit is starting to hit the fan, and I think it's time to arm myself.
As I mentioned I have some financial currently, so I probably should go with something that can be somewhat multi-purpose. I'm thinking a gun small enough to easily conceal carry, but also something that's a good starter to learn to shoot on.
I really am a complete idiot when it comes down to all of this though, so I'm 100% open to whatever people suggest I start out with
>>
>>30536359
Ok so first up, the biggest thing to keep in mind for a cheap gun is that the gun isn't what you're gonna be spending the real money on, you'll be spending money on ammo, accessories, and parts in that order, so keeping that in mind remember, what costs you up front may cost you more later, and the best gun in the world needs to be fed all the same. So if you're really broke here are some options.

>1 Hi-Point in 9mm
Pros:
Cheap up front, cheap ammo
Lifetime warranty so never worry about parts
Cons:
It's a piece of shit, with ergos so bad you may get carpal from just looking at it
Expensive ass mag choice (hope you like 10rds or going to one other mag choice)

>RIA .38spl revolver
Pros:
Hella cheap
Decent round that's easier to find
It's a revolver so less moving parts to break, but if it does break you're in for a bad time

Cons:
.38spl is fairly pricey compared to 9mm
Limited warranty
Limited capacity
cont.
>>
>>30536841
>Canik TP9
Pros:
Semi auto that comes with a fair amount of extras for sub $350.
Great reviews and the pistol is pretty tough
Shoots well for cheap

Cons:
Proprietary mag (Century who imports them is the only supplier I know of for their mags)
Limited warranty
Big for concealed carry

>Ruger American Pistol
Pros:
Lifetime warranty
Decent ergos
Comes in 9mm or .45acp

Cons:
Proprietary mag
Pricey up front
Fairly large for ccw
>>
>>30536359
Just get a used Beretta 92.

They're good reliable and parts are everywhere.

Or a Tokarev.

Don't overthink it. About anything will work
>>
>>30536893
Finally
>Used Police Trade In 9mm/.40s&w
Pros:
Higher end gun on the cheap (glocks, beretttas, m&ps)
If you like service stuff you can get a boner from that

Cons:
Price/supply is varied as shit
Most of the police trade ins in the market are in .40s&w which is losing favor with most LEOs and as such the supply will likely get a bit tougher to find than 9mm as time goes on.
They range from shot to shit, to pristine condition and odds are you won't get to choose
No warranty (likely).
>>
File: left-side1.jpg (399 KB, 922x692) Image search: [Google]
left-side1.jpg
399 KB, 922x692
>>30536841
>Hi-Point C9
>>
File: rock1ria_m206_parkh_01s.jpg (20 KB, 423x239) Image search: [Google]
rock1ria_m206_parkh_01s.jpg
20 KB, 423x239
>>30536841
>RIA M206
>>
File: IMG_1928-660x440.jpg (100 KB, 660x440) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1928-660x440.jpg
100 KB, 660x440
>>30536893
>Canik TP9
>>
File: Chasis.jpg (92 KB, 1000x700) Image search: [Google]
Chasis.jpg
92 KB, 1000x700
>>30536893
>Ruger American Pistol
>>
>>30536359
Rifle
>SKS ~$350
>Savage Axis ~$350
>Used Marlin 336 ~$350
>Milsurp Boltguns >$300
>

Rimfire
>Ruger 10/22 ~$300
>Marlin Model 60 ~$200

Shotgun
>Stevens 320 ~$200
>Pardner Pump ~$230
>Maverick 88 ~$280

Handgun
>Canik TP9 ~$370
>Walther PPX ~$300
>Polish P-64 ~$240

Or check the sticky for poorfag guns.
>>
>>30536947
This is probably what you should buy if you want the most bang for your buck.
>>
Handguns:

Sccy cpx-2
Hi point c9
Ria revolver
S&W sd9ve

Shotguns:
Mossberg Maveric 88
H&r single shot
Stevens
Stoeger double barrel

Rifles

Savage axis
Remington 770
Mosin Nagant m91/30
H&R single shot
>>
File: masterkey.jpg (198 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
masterkey.jpg
198 KB, 1024x768
>>30537048
Don't listen to this actual terrorist supporter.

Stevens 320.
Get both barrels. #7.5 for small game (dove, squirrel), #4 for medium game (turkey, raccoon), #00 for big (coyote, people), slugs for bigger. Long barrel for reach, short barrel for tight spaces.Versatility. $300 for it.

Walther PPX. If you don't get one in 9x19 you're fucked. CDNN sells them and magazines on sale all the time around $300. Good for the home, good for carry.

Then, save a little more for a rifle. AR15's can be had for around $500 nowadays.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.