[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reaching for advice; I'm forward-looking to design and built
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 25mm_M793_1.jpg (467 KB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
25mm_M793_1.jpg
467 KB, 1800x1200
Reaching for advice; I'm forward-looking to design and built a prototype single shot rifle (like a flare gun with stock) using 27 x 137 m793 ammo. Any thoughts?
>>
>>30535956
be sure to use plastic to keep it light weight
>>
Wasn't there a dude that made a single shot .50 BMG rifle? Look up that, see if he left any plans that you can base yours off of. Hope you're good with a lathe.

Wait, aren't those rounds considered DDs and illegal?
>>
>>30535991
So I just have to buy an orion flare gun and modify it?
>>
>>30536022
Yeah but you can buy shells and reload them..
>>
File: imagesss.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
imagesss.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
>>30535956
hallway guy would probably have some at some point, or if you have specific questions i could help you like i helped him.
>>
>>30536068
I was wondering about the best way to counter the blowback; mag lev? spiral spring chain? Hydrolic?
Also about the barrel material.. Does grade 5 titanium sounds good or should I coat it with something else?
>>
>>30536127
coat it? a surp barrel would be your best bet
http://www.ohioordnanceworks.com/parts/barrels/wo-620
just need to find one in stock someplace

if you're prototyping it shouldn't you know what type of recoil management you want?
>>
>>30536242
Yeah I have some ideas about the recoil management, but I'd like to know which one is the more efficient. I can't find test results..
>>
>>30536269
hydraulic. anchoring it to the ground wouldn't be a bad idea either
>>
>>30536242
Also coat it with tungsten/graphite high density paint
>>
>>30536269
Hydraulics, springs will degrade too quickly unless you get fuck huge ones

Maybe just get an adjustable car shock to figure out what you need
>>
>>30536291
Anchoring sure seems to be the best management, it would take fast anchoring to be aiming fastly as possible. Problem: ground density may vary depending the battle field, also releasing the anchors could be problematic for fast mobility..
>>
>>30536319
Will it only transfer the shock to the shoulder? Even if I wear an exosqueleton, the shock will bend it.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.