[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gun show
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 729590184.jpg (186 KB, 730x487) Image search: [Google]
729590184.jpg
186 KB, 730x487
Florida noguns here

Thinking of buying my first gun at a gunshow.

Anything I should know before hand? Tips advice?
>>
>>30533859
Check the barrel wear, have a few ideas of what you want before you go in, and if you get a revolver check out the timing and cylinder gap.

What do you want to get, OP? My first gun was a Mosin personally.
>>
>>30533859
If the seller is an FFL you will still need to do the whole paperwork BS.

Carry cash. A lot of dealers I know offer cash discounts.

You probably won't find a good deal. Great for handling guns you are interested in, or finding something the local stores don't carry.
>>
>>30533873

Sig p229

About how much are they? How do I know if I'm getting ripped off or not?
>>
narrow your interest of what kind of firearm u want and for what porpose. Have an idea of 2-3 guns in your budget that fits your budget with features you want.
Fondle the guns your interested in.
Only buy it if your getting a good price.
>>
>>30533881
>You probably won't find a good deal on guns.
FTFY
Gun shows are fucking great for finding weird ass shit for really cheap. Every show here, there's a guy that sells parted out MRE's for pretty cheap. Drink mixes for a dime each, crackers are a quarter, entrees are 1-1.50 a piece depending on type. He also sells whole ones for like 5-6 dollars. I got a vietnam USGI helm for $20 one time. Another I found a 0-1" and 1-2" Brown and Sharp micrometer from like the 70's in great condition. Cost me $40 for both and they're easily worth that a piece.
>>
>>30533859
It's a gunshow
Don't be so dead set on buying something
You'll probably get ripped off
>>
>>30533859

yes don't

go to your local gun range and take the intro course, you get to shoot several different calibers & makes

otherwise you're just wasting your $$
>>
>>30533903
https://gunwatcher.com/Search/p229-for-sale

expect to pay a hundred more at a gun show
>>
>>30533859
The internet has better deals.
>>
>>30533859
You are still subject to the three day handgun wait. Also the prices generally suck, but it's a good way to fingerfuck all the guns you have seen online that you are considering.
>>
I got a Super Redhawk at a gun show for under 500, there are deals to be found.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.