[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could one highly skilled guy with a knife wreck a load of armed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: BrockSamsonRunning.gif (804 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
BrockSamsonRunning.gif
804 KB, 500x375
Could one highly skilled guy with a knife wreck a load of armed amateurs?
>inb4 mall ninja shit
>>
If he crept in while they were sleeping.
>>
File: Hugo_Stiglitz_stabs_pillow.jpg (583 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
Hugo_Stiglitz_stabs_pillow.jpg
583 KB, 1920x800
>>30533242
>>
He could if he was Brock Fucking Samson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Khyzj5toqwA
>>
>>30533211
21 foot rule.
Does anyone have that video where 5 mexican cops get stabbed by one guy?
>>
>>30533242
that makes me think of killing people sleeping in Chaos Theory
>>
>>30533242
Without waking the others? Is it possible? I'm pretty sure a death gurgle would wake the fuck out of me.
>>
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/685800/SAS-hero-ISIS-Gurkha-knife-Islamic-State-terror-Iraq
>>
>>30533266
this, Kek
>>
>>30533370
Big thin knife. Like an SKS pig poker. Stab them in the eye. No gurgle. Instant death.
>>
>>30533370
Supposedly if you stab in the right place, you can actually pin down the diaphragm and prevent the gurgle.
>>
>>30533370
Base of skull into the brain stem...no gurgling no twitch
>>
>>30533608
good thing everyone sleeps face down in the fag position
>>
>>30533608
Always wondered why this technique is never portrayed in fiction or noted in any fighting/murdering discourse.
>>
>>30533370
>my whole platoon slept through a mortar attack.
>Tons of people sleep with headphones in.
> High velocity snoring masks a lot of sounds.
>Some people may watch everyone get their throats slit making a youtube vid.
I honestly think these days a "death gurgle" would not wake many people at all
>>
>>30533673
I presume that this would work with amateurs, but actual military personnel would have sentries worth a damn.
>>
>>30533656
Because it's really fucking difficult to do.
>>
>>30533656
Because having the antagonist face down when murdered is not very dramatic.

He typically needs to have a pillow out of his face when he gurgles out his last curses.
>>
>>30533681
> actual militaries
Me thinks you are putting to much faith into somethin anon
>>
>>30533656
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elrIcMX3yNI
>>
>>30533686
Not difficult, but must have the opportunity. It is highly effective when employed correctly. It is but one of many techniques to have in your tool kit of skills. The situation presented dictates the appropriate action.
>>
>>30533733
Or you could simply and easily use a suppressed .22 pistol. Why do things the hard way?
>>
>>30533745
Agreed, but OP specifically asked about knives.
>>
>>30533745
Because OP asked.
>>
>>30533745

Because that would wake people up in almost any military-style sleeping quarters as well as alerting whoever is awake.
>>
>>30533745
Those still make enough noise to alert someone. About like a pellet gun
>>
>>30533673
>zero awareness

US army, ladies and gentlemen.
>>
File: 1467604355956.jpg (27 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1467604355956.jpg
27 KB, 640x360
>>30533882
Not to mention

>supersonic crack if applicable
>sound of action working
>sound of bullet hitting target

Btw a 5.45x39 projectile hitting the top of a pond is loud as fuck. it's just not easy to suppress that kind of energy down to acceptable levels.
>>
>>30533370

Yup.

http://www.badassoftheweek.com/prince.html
>>
>>30534110

It's not zero awareness. The mortars come in frequently and don't hit very many important things. You gotta sleep sometime. They're not launching a direct attack, it's indirect fire. It's not a huge deal. And even if there's one with your name on it, being awake just means you'll be awake when you die.
>>
>>30533211
Didn't that one marine actually take down a bunch of pirates with a combat knife in Somalia? I forgot that whole story.

With stealth, absolutely.
If they're aware of his presence, it would be a lot more difficult. Depends on the distance the guy is from his assailants.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.