[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I gotta ask because alot of the people I go to Uni with are getting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: Homer disappears gif.gif (1 MB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Homer disappears gif.gif
1 MB, 500x375
I gotta ask because alot of the people I go to Uni with are getting triggered over this latest guy being shot. They keep saying "why do they not shoot him in the arm or leg". I respond by saying, because it is not a video game, police are trained to shoot the biggest target (torso), not to mention the fact in the heat of the moment the stress would effect the accuracy of your aim.

Anything a more learned person on this topic could add to this ? or even a criticism of this statement ?
>>
>>30532768
You shouldn't trust the pigs.
>>
>>30532768
If the situation has escalated to the point where use of lethal force is warranted, it is the exact situation where you should not be looking to incapacitate somebody.

ie- Somebody is directly attacking physically or shooting.

The last thing you want to do with an armed or violent suspect is put them in immense pain while still having them able to react violently. Shooting in the leg has the possibility to do exactly that. The person can no longer move, but they can still shoot back or physically act anybody close by, and now they are extra pissed off by having been shot.

Situations should escalate and guns should be a last resort used only for extreme circumstances, but if the gun comes out and it's legitimate circumstances for it, then lethal force is to be used.
>>
Not really, its really not a complicated issue. Arm/leg/warning shots are a convenient fantasy solution perpetuated by entertainment, they're impractical and dangerous in reality (and not even legal, depending on where you are) and as far I know not a single police force or military in the world trains people to do them.
>>
>>30533009
>Arm/leg/warning shots are a convenient fantasy solution perpetuated by entertainment, they're impractical and dangerous in reality (and not even legal, depending on where you are) and as far I know not a single police force or military in the world trains people to do them.

Warning shots are part of escalation of force many military rules of engagement.

Ideally you use lasers or flares instead of bullets, but if all you have are guns, then shooting into the ground is legitimate for escalation of force.

But, if it's to the point of actually shooting at a threat, you shoot to kill.
>>
''yeah sure, shoot him in the leg, with a 50% risk to hit the femoral artery, and watch him bleed to death as there is literally nothing you can do to save him and watch the fear in his eyes as he comes to the same conclusion, but bleeds out so fast that he doesn't have the time to make his peace. Real smart, asshat. And we're the barbarians"
>>
>>30533043
>escalation of force many military rules of engagement.
this is policing, not military.

Also, Lawyers, deliberately shooting to the arm or leg would be considered torture.
>>
>>30532768
Inform them of the femoral artery. There is no safe place to be shot on the human body.
>>
>>30533061
I was responding to the comments mention of "I don't believe any military in the world even does this", which was wrong.

For civilians, as far as I know, intentionally shooting the leg gets you assed up because it's basculy admitting that you pulled a gun (lethal weapon) in a situation where you knew you didn't need lethal force.
>>
>>30533065
this

and
>>30533001
this
>>
>>30533057

Came in this thread to say exactly this.

>Densest bones in the human body, perfect for fragmenting a bullet so that it is most likely to hit the artery.
>>
>uni students
>don't know what a femoral artery is

americunt """""education"""""
>>
>>30533065

Through the cheek...

Pretty hard to do though...
>>
>>30533043
Warning shots, according to the DOD instruction are basically only ever to be used at sea.

I think in practice the coastguard make use of them more frequently than anyone else.

If you're not on a boat or in a helicopter you're not firing a warning shot.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>30533353
It happens depending on the AO and political concerns.
>>
>>30532768
Usually your death is guaranteed after the first bullet, but gods know most people have enough crazy in them to keep going a good while after one shot in any location on their body especially jumpy ass muggers and shit. So basically, if you plan on shooting someone, a half measure is nothing but creating a risk for yourself and others as well as drawing out the person assaulting you's death.
>>
>>30532768
your also just as likely to kill them anyways... there are arteries all up and down said legs and arms also if said pig misses then stray rounds can and have in the past his bystanders
>>
>>30532994
best advice one can give
>>
>>30532768
he was shot in the arm though
>>
>>30532768
Lethal weapons shouldn't be used for non-lethal purposes. Literally the second rule of firearm handling. If you've fucked up bad enough that the cops have their guns out, it means they're interpreting whatever the fuck you're doing as a direct threat to their lives. Knock that shit off if you don't want to get shot. Pretty fucking simple
>>
>>30532768
There was this video shared by Funker a week ago showing the risks of a limb shot

>Knife weilding robber in Iran
>Off duty Iranian police shoots perp in the leg
>The robber for a minute is limping but still waving his knife around
>After a few moments the robber succumbs to his wound and bleeds out by the well placed leg shot
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.