[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /k/ think of tank support vehicles/ anti infantry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
File: BMPT-72.jpg (184 KB, 1000x597) Image search: [Google]
BMPT-72.jpg
184 KB, 1000x597
What does /k/ think of tank support vehicles/ anti infantry armored vehicles like the BMPT or well nothing else at the moment.

Here's a Slovenian firm's take on the BMPT-72, using old/current and upgrading them into something for urban werfers.

http://www.valhalla-turrets.com/combat-vehicles-new/
>>
I can dig it.
>>
What would an M1T look like
>>
File: Abrams_Air_Defense.png (203 KB, 800x634) Image search: [Google]
Abrams_Air_Defense.png
203 KB, 800x634
>>30531760

Potentially something like this.
>>
File: GE_DIVAD.jpg (323 KB, 760x579) Image search: [Google]
GE_DIVAD.jpg
323 KB, 760x579
>>30531772

And since it's on a similar tangent, here's some badass concept art for an air defence variant of the M60.
>>
File: gau8divadij7.jpg (58 KB, 600x401) Image search: [Google]
gau8divadij7.jpg
58 KB, 600x401
>>30531776

>M60
Sorry, I meant M48. It's like the Sergeant York's hot cousin that never made it off the drawing board.

I'll stop derailing now.
>>
File: revinge.jpg (1 MB, 3312x1496) Image search: [Google]
revinge.jpg
1 MB, 3312x1496
>>30531643
you mean these? they are extremely good for urban warfare.
>>
>>30531797
Yeah but 57mm cannon
>>
>>30531807
As long as they are utilising something similar to the 3p ammunition of the CV90, the result is the same.
>>
>>30531787
37mm Gatling. What's not to like?
>>
>>30531807
for punching holes in the side of buildings what more do you need?
>>
>>30532040
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rldn9Hvzih4

holes
>>
>>30531643
Awesome and it seems better suited for Urban warfare purposes or "low-intensity" conflicts.

Having a tank with some ATGM's and auto cannons with an elevation high enough to engage infantry in high-rise buildings seems useful. Whether it is best to derive it from a MBT or IFV is another question.
>>
>>30531643
A solution looking for a problem. Brits and Burgers figured out how to clear urban areas just fine without them and your standard IFV has more than enough elevation to hit upper floors on buildings.

There's a reason why Russia never bought the BMPT and why the T-15 is an IFV. They only ever managed to sell the idea to Kazaks due to political pressure.
>>
>>30531807
57mm is a slavaboo meme. The Russians outright rejected it after it was shown, specifically citing 'inadequate ammunition stores and safety'.
>>
>>30532137
>57mm on IFVs is a

ftfy
>>
>>30531643

At least they admit its still a tank in spite of its puny armament.
>>
Dakkadakkadakkadakkadakkadakka

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBUmFq7RLPY
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.