[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Dan wesson worth it?? Otherwise I'm gonna get a colt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: PB9151LP_1200x782.png (1 MB, 1200x782) Image search: [Google]
PB9151LP_1200x782.png
1 MB, 1200x782
Is Dan wesson worth it?? Otherwise I'm gonna get a colt or Springfield which is like $500 less
>>
Range Officer has adjustable rear sites, and tridium FS, or about $900.00.
I can't see why you'd pay more?
>>
I'd rather get a Colt.

Dan Wesson are still just production guns, just very nice ones. If you want something super fancy get a real custom.
>>
Kimber a shit
>>
>>30531640
Held a Dan Wesson 1911 at a gun show a few months back and it was by far the best fit and finish I've ever seen.
That being said, the Springfield range master or range officer or some shit like that is what my friend has and it's very nice

Full disclosure, I'm not a 1911 guy.
>>
>>30531707
Never thought about that they. They look really good and have some really nice finishes
>>
>>30531640

"What is it like to fire a Dan Wesson? It’s horrifying, menacing and very very loud.

It felt to me like a bazooka β€” and sounded like a cannon.

But mostly, I was just terrified.

Squeeze lightly on the trigger and the resulting explosion of firepower is humbling and deafening (even with ear protection).

The recoil bruised my shoulder, which can happen if you don't know what you're doing. The brass shell casings disoriented me as they flew past my face. The smell of sulfur and destruction made me sick. The explosions β€” loud like a bomb β€” gave me a temporary form of PTSD. For at least an hour after firing the gun just a few times, I was anxious and irritable."
>>
>>30532395
>Springfield
i know a guy with a $2000 springfield. We played a game of horse n we both shot better using my rock island armory.
>>
>>30533153
Gi model? I saw a two tone from rock island looked pretty nice
>>
>>30533269
Rock Island is the king of sub $500 1911's. Good value pistols, will go bang.
>>
It's hard to choose a 1911 honestly why are the customs so expensive? I could get a scar for those prices.
>>
>>30531707
Is the beavertail feathered into the grip? Have all FCG parts been polished? How tight is the fit between the frame and slide? How tight is the fit on the barrel bushing?

When you get a Dan Wesson you are paying for a hand fit work of art.
>>
File: 1453361177692.jpg (633 KB, 3205x2106) Image search: [Google]
1453361177692.jpg
633 KB, 3205x2106
>>30533552
The customs are normally hand crafted and that labor doesn't come cheap.

If you REALLY enjoy 1911s or finely made guns, get a custom. Otherwise just stick with a factory model that goes bang.
>>
>>30533604
Yeah fuck that maybe later on I'll get one just not right now. Probably gonna get a rock island since they are super cheap shame they look cheap too
>>
Dan Wessons are exceptional for the price. If you want the best buy a fully custom instead.
>>
>>30533153
Does RIA/Arnel still do Fluff-n-Buff or was that when they were less popular? Could send in you 1911 for polishing of internals and feed ramp, remember a few forum members that had better bushings applied
>>
>>30534323
My problem is the Springfield Mil-Spec is only a wee more than the RIA tac. Somedayn i will haz both
>>
>>30538153
Stay away from foreign made RIA and PARA at all costs. The only 1911 brands you should play with are Kimber, Dan Wesson, and Ruger
>>
File: Antonio.gif (2 MB, 331x197) Image search: [Google]
Antonio.gif
2 MB, 331x197
>>30538183

>Kimber

You wanna know how I know you're old as fuck and don't know shit?
>>
File: kimber_in_charge_of_qc.jpg (677 KB, 3000x1989) Image search: [Google]
kimber_in_charge_of_qc.jpg
677 KB, 3000x1989
>>30538183
>Kimber
>>
>>30531640
Ever think about a P220?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.