[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The NFApocalypse is in a week. Should I buy a Silencerco Osprey 9?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: 473423554.jpg (36 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
473423554.jpg
36 KB, 640x480
The NFApocalypse is in a week. Should I buy a Silencerco Osprey 9?
>>
No, the octane 45 would be better.
>>
Whats happening now?
>>
>>30529821
This
>>
>>30529821
https://silencerco.com/blog/2016/02/11/buying-a-silencer-6-things-you-need-to-know-about-atf-41f/

this was the thing that caused the trust rules to change and got them to approve a new full-auto before they remembered they hate freedom and america .
>>
>>30529994
Fuck 41F. I have a trust. I now have to drag eight people, including a 1 y/o, to get fingerprints next time someone wants something cool.
>>
>>30530018
yep.
>>
>>30530018
someone was saying something about a kiosk that recorded them so you'd only need to do it once, but i heard it at a gunshow so you can't trust that very far
>>
File: SID-Kiosk-660x527.jpg (29 KB, 660x527) Image search: [Google]
SID-Kiosk-660x527.jpg
29 KB, 660x527
>>30530058
There are supposed to be 300 of them, nationwide, starting next week. I have no idea where the closest one to me is going to be, though.
>>
>>30530167
I give them 6 months until the ATF bans them if they are real. A year if they are not and the ATF just wants to pre-emptively ban them.
>>
>>30530214
When I was young, this was a free country.
>>
>>30530214
They already have ATF approval. Silencer Shop is the one doing it. They will also have an online portal that will save your info to automatically fill out your form 4, attach the fingerprints you took at the kiosk (or they will also have a mail-sent packet for you to take your own acceptable prints at home), and they have an app that you can use to take a passport sized selfie to upload.
>>
>>30529761
got bad news for you, it's already too late.
takes a week and a half for your check to cash. most FFLs wont send your form 4 without fingerprints and photos now.
>>
>>30534022
no it isnt
>>
>>30534022
as long as its post marked the day before it will go through and im p sure there is a way to pay online now
>>
>>30529761
whatever is in stock. griffin revo, rugged obsidian, dead air ghost are top 3 pistol cans
>>
So where do I get finger prints done? And how would I eFile them?
>>
>>30534061
Police station or jail. Not sure if you can eFile them now.
>>
>>30534022
sorry if it seems like im being gay i just have two suppressors purchased and am filing the shit tonight so i hope you arent right. i am shit at the NFA paperwork but i looked this up because the guys who know a lot more about this than me who work at my gun club told me i was straight as long as i had it in the mail the day before

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/08/foghorn/atf-adds-credit-card-payment-option-to-nfa-forms/
>>
>>30534090
I paid with a credit card when I filed for my C&R. For any NFA items I wrote a check from the trust's bank account as a paper trail to tie the item to the trust and to prove that the trust owned the item.
>>
File: 1466443893508.jpg (47 KB, 640x503) Image search: [Google]
1466443893508.jpg
47 KB, 640x503
>>30534090
but i guess mail doesnt apply here anyway because this is an eform? fuck im retarded
>>
>>30534044
I was just in the gunshop last week picking something up, the guys refuse to do Form 4 papers without the 41f paperwork because the time between "sent," "paperwork recieved," and "check cashed" status is about a week and a half, and ATF is behind schedule and my FFL guys don't want to deal with 400 returned Form 4's
>>30534056
Nope. Once it hits the "check cashed" status is when the "postmark" and form 4 become official. Your Form 4 is sent to a processing address to cash the check before the ATF gets the form. Add the transit time to however long your FFL takes to send it.
>>30534090
not trying to bum you out bud, I'm just going on what my FFL told me. If your FFL said that, I'd go with it. Especially if they're doing an e-file Form 4, it'd probably be quicker.
Also, there's the very real possibility that my FFL guys are overworked and are just telling people not to get their hopes up. Last time I was in, they had 500+ form 4's they had yet to get to.

waiting on my osprey 45 i bought in march is fucking torture
>>
>>30529994
>>30530018
>trusts
I don't get it.
>>
>>30534122
I have a trust with eight people on it. That way everyone on the trust can possess anything on it. Allows the family to share things. Also keeps the items in the trust in case someone dies.

My nephew likes my PS90 SBR. Without a trust he cannot borrow it and take it home. Since he is on the trust and it is owned by the trust he can. Also, since he is on the trust and his son is as well, if my nephew buys an NFA item when he dies his son can get the item without all the transfer bullshit.

Trusts were also a way to get around having the chief law officer sign off of the form. In some areas they just wouldn't sign. You also didn't need to do the fingerprint cards with a trust.
>>
>>30534122
before 41f, the trust was the legal entity which bought the suppressor. the trust "owned" the suppressor, and any of the trustees listed in the trust could posses the NFA item.
to buy an NFA item, you submit a copy of your trust and $200 and then the item is transferred to your trust's ownership

after 41f, every single trustee is legally the entity that owns the suppressor, so people with 4+ person trusts have to submit paperwork containing fingerprints, photos, and ID's for EVERY single person listed in the trust EVERY time
>>
>>30534163
I've literally never heard of this texas. Shit I need to do some research.
>>
File: zlhz81B.jpg (2 MB, 3024x3024) Image search: [Google]
zlhz81B.jpg
2 MB, 3024x3024
>>30534121
alright gotcha. i appreciate the help here. i have a trust but when it comes down to it i really dont have a very extensive grasp on what im doing here. im going to go in this afternoon after work and see what they say. i was there last night and should have talked to them about it and just gotten it all out of the way right there but i have been procrastinating filing everything for some reason.
>>
>>30534173
41f makes filing with a trust a lot more time consuming and expensive.

>>30534175
A basic trust also allows for a beneficiary. So if you die your family doesn't have to surrender your NFA goodies and then file to transfer them back if they want to keep them.
>>
>>30534163
>>30534173
>>30534221
Found this
http://americansuppressorassociation.com/nfa-items-are-legal-in-texas/
However, I can see how a trust would be helpful with a will.
>>
>>30529761
>NFA apocalypse
>things are actually getting better for NFA owners
>>
>>30534232
http://www.ammoland.com/2015/06/nfa-weapons-now-legal-in-texas/#axzz4DkRD8JzW
Based Abbot
>>
>>30534232
Even with a will NFA items don't transfer upon death. Need to have both. Also, nice to see that Texas finally gave you permission to own NFA items. I live in Missouri.

>>30534243
The only thing that it really did was piss off trust owners that now have an extra burden added to them each time they file. Removing the law officer permission is a good thing for most people.
>>
>>30532145
>They already have ATF approval
That hasn't stopped them form "clarifying" (banning) shit before.
>>
>>30534281
Given the current climate and sheer number of nfa holders in Texas it's unlikely to change for awhile.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.