[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else suddenly get the urge to shoot yourself when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 1458405492754.gif (427 KB, 200x198) Image search: [Google]
1458405492754.gif
427 KB, 200x198
Does anyone else suddenly get the urge to shoot yourself when holding a gun, but your body won't act on it?

Happened to me just a minute ago. It was so short that I couldn't have acted on it even if my body would have cooperated. Only been a hasgunz for 3 months now but this is the first time it's happened. I spooked myself good with this shit.
>>
L'appel du vide

i don't experience it.
>>
>>30529721
I've always been more curious about how it feels to die, but sorta. Yeah.
>>
>urge
No
>what if
Plenty of times
>>
>>30529721
Probably just some sort of repressed thought making its way into your conscious. I guess it's just the thought of "I could totally shoot myself right now" that surfaced.

Just shift your thought on shooting melons and shitty off brand soft drinks. Except Chek Kountry Mist, it's okay.
>>
File: 1465998951993.gif (1 MB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
1465998951993.gif
1 MB, 270x270
>>30529766
yeah anon, blast those RC cola 2 liters

>>30529721
also, invasive thoughts like that are natural. if you've ever had that realization and split second desire to run over a pedestrian while driving a car, its pretty much the same thing.
>>
>>30529721
Sometimes I unload my Model 66 and put it in my mouth. The rush of pulling the trigger, even though I know I'm safe, is crazy. The what if factor is so thrilling.
>>
>>30529918
I can't pull the trigger of any gun if its facing me even if I'm absolutely sure it's unloaded
>>
>>30529721
You should probably seek psychiatric help
>>
File: Cncra2-win-cover.jpg (51 KB, 256x364) Image search: [Google]
Cncra2-win-cover.jpg
51 KB, 256x364
>>30529721
disregard all these morons OP.

those are called intrusive thoughts. they are totally normal. it is your brain running the worst case scenario through to show your dumb ass what not to do.

ever hold a baby and think what it would be like to throw it down a flight of stairs you are standing next to? intrusive thought. ever stand next to a cliff and think about jumping? want to run your car into oncoming traffic? punch the person sitting next to you for no reason? intrusive thoughts.

source: any modern psychology book ever + google
>>
>>30529721
No, because I'm not mental
>>
>>30529721
>urge
Not really, I've thought "wow, i could kill myself right now" but it's the same thoughts when I'm on a tall building or using a knife.
>>
>>30529721
Yeah. Kinda that feeling when you're in a skyscraper and what itd be like to throw yourself through the window or off the roof. Remember when I lived in NYC I thought that. Then again I was living in New York.
>>
>>30529721
i always get the though "wow, i could kill everyone in the world with this and i'm only minimally gun trained."
>>
>>30529721

there is a French phrase that kinda translates to "face the void", or staring into it or something.

like when your driving through a mountain road and you flash a thought about going over the guard rail and plummeting to your death.
>>
>>30533076

I saw what you did there.
>>
>>30533241
literally the first fucking reply
>>
>>30529721
You should probably seek professional help
>>
>>30529721
Invasive thoughts, as other anons have said, are normal. You should see a psychiatrist if they become persistent, recur frequently, or otherwise impede normal life functions.
>>
>>30529721
It's cool man, happens to everyone. I had it happen to me when I was doing security at a bank once
>standing for 8+ hours in one spot
>adjust my duty belt
>check to make sure retention holster is all the way secured for like the 100th time
>start to think how I could kill everyone in the building
>only 1 entrance/exit, start in front office, work my way back
>36 rounds, 8 employees + 2 customers
>figure they'd panic after first shot, have to keep them from using side hallway to bolt for the door, but also have to actively go and find the ones hiding
>decide beat course of action would be to execute first target, then lay several suppressive shots at the teller line to get their heads down
>speed is key, building isn't overly large, longest shot would be about 5 meters
>probably get it done in about 15 minutes, break room door is flimsy
>muse on if I'd have enough rounds left over to fight police or if I should just an hero

And of course I constantly had a plan to react to an armed robber from any place in the bank, where I'd take cover, how I'd funnel multiple assailants, etc. It's totally normal.

If you start thinking about suicide as a solution to a problem rather than just a crazy "what if?" then seek help, obviously. Now go jerk off, you'll feel better.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.