[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain how a steampunk gun makes sense? Those big
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: gay.jpg (78 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
gay.jpg
78 KB, 1024x576
Can someone explain how a steampunk gun makes sense?
Those big clunky contraptions that fuck itself with guns before you can finger fuck it yourself.

Also whats the cheapest you've gotten a Lee Enfield for?
>>
>>30529548
They don't.

...an oil change.
>>
>How do steampunk guns make sense?

Like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFCuE5rHbPA

The point of steampunk isn't functionality, it's to pretend the empire never died and computing never got to the tube, let alone the transistor.

It's a retrofuturistic snob fest taking the world of Victorian era England into the future while maintaining its cultural conventions and social mores. So the US is still a frontier, Germany is actually Pike Helmeted Prussia, India's full of savages to be civilized and you're accomplishing it all with grand airships and trains and 20,000 leagues under the sea submarines and mechanical horse drawn carriages, because technology never got to internal combustion and instead they just continued to iteratively improve steam directly driving whatever you need it to.

The point isn't to be functional, it's to look cool and impress all the other assholes. And have fun building your cool looking, gear encrusted gun or hat or power suit or codpiece or whatever the hell else. Because you're Sir Beef Wellington, inventor-adventurer extraordinaire, and the only laws of physics you answer to are the ones you deign to allow hold sway in your little fantasy land
>>
>>30530020
Spot on answer, thank you.
>>
>>30530020
Oh, and the cheapest I ever got a lee enfield for was $125 bucks.

I found one in my grandfather's basement, that he'd bought and sporterized as a young man and used to hunt deer - to reassuringly little success. Lucky for me he hadn't even gotten the cosmoline off properly, and that's what it cost to have the thing unfucked.
>>
>>30529548
>lets rivet on a fucking big piece of iron band to hold the buttplate on instead of putting two screws through it.
Fucking christ.
>>
>>30530020
>India's full of savages to be civilized

How does that differ from reality?
>>
>>30530083
Her Majesty's England, in this setting, still have their boots on the neck of the place and are still taking it for all it's worth.

They still see it as their moral obligation to teach the ooga boogas the ways of proper civilization.

Although that part doesn't get as much coverage
>>
>>30530020
C O G F O P
O
G
F
O
P
>>
Designing a steam gun around super heating distilled water then injecting small amounts into a mineral rich blast chamber. This will eliminate the need for a large/heavy pressurized boiler. Electric induction heating elements can heat water past boiling in seconds but distilled water wont boil till minerals are introduced.

This has applications beyond firearms. A cannon is half a piston after all.
$.02
>>
>>30529548
Has no one pointed out that the optic is blocked by the upper prong of the hook
>>
>>30529548
> a steampunk gun
Those are supposed to be things like broomhandles, Martini-Henrys, Webleys and other shit that actually existed, maybe with a few advances or refinements. It's not supposed to be some absurdly over-complicated fantasy abomination that no sane man would ever develop, let alone use.

Steam Punk as we know it today is a dead fad that, years ago, got abducted by normies that thought it was all about covering everything in brass, gears, and completely foregoing anything resembling reasonable assumptions as to what a world that never developed the internal combustion engine would look like.
>>
>>30533513
Steampunk turned into cogfop as soon as cosplayers got their hands on it.
>dude tophats lmao
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.