[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Since Glock is more or less the posterboy of pistols, it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7
File: $IMG00814-20110921-1913.jpg (190 KB, 1728x1256) Image search: [Google]
$IMG00814-20110921-1913.jpg
190 KB, 1728x1256
Since Glock is more or less the posterboy of pistols, it's got a fuckhuge aftermarket.

What does /k/ put on their ugly shooty box, if anything at all?
>>
>>30528422
you should replace your trigger, add night sights, and add extended controls.

other than that, glock is fine.
>>
>>30528422
>>30528454
I hear some people replace the factory guide rod with a heavier tungsten one. Supposedly it reduces felt recoil, but I haven't actually used one before.

Can anyone confirm?
>>
>>30528422
>>30528454
Adding a better firing pin allows you to shoot shit ammo through it reliably as well. The stock firing pin on my 17 has some issues with cheap shitty ammo.

Also a lower profile flashlight isn't a bad idea
>>
File: unnamed-1.jpg (29 KB, 698x930) Image search: [Google]
unnamed-1.jpg
29 KB, 698x930
>>30528422
All I did to mine is Trijicon's
>>
Not tungsten, but I added an aerotek stainless guide rod to my 19. There's no recoil on a 9mm anyway, and I haven't shot a 19 without it so I can't say if it dampens recoil.

10-8 Performance brass bead u-notch sights and a titanium plunger and 3.5# disconnector round out the bits and bobs.

Future upgrade are a smooth trigger.
>>
File: Glock17.jpg (3 MB, 2432x4320) Image search: [Google]
Glock17.jpg
3 MB, 2432x4320
I just added night sights, extended slide release and a light.

Future upgrades: trigger, firing pin
>>
I have 5 Glocks

They are all stock besides Trijicon HD sights and pearce magazine extensions on the 43 and 26

I want to change out the connectors, but people say not to do that on daily carry guns, because they occasionally cause malfunctions
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 750x1334
I have two glocks. A g23 which is bone stock and a g42 with the following enhancements:

Replaced trigger connector
Polished internals
Replaced stock sights with TFXs by truglo
Added a grip sleeve by pachmayr
Cerakoted the slide graphite black
Added a TiN finish to the barrel
Added a +2 baseplate to the mags

I still want to replace the backplate with an aluminum version with the zia symbol on it and add a stronger magazine spring to the extended mags. I get a couple of failures to feed on the last round every now and then with shitty ammo and I want to get rid of those failures.

Some people say my glock is ghetto as shit and others complement it. I love it and don't give a damn what other people say. It's my firearm and I'll do as I please with it. I am very happy with my g42.

Pic related :)
>>
>>30528772
>TiN finish to the barrel
Gucci. Show pics.
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 639x478) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 639x478
>>30528663
>Tfw the TruGlo front sight sticks back over the cutout in my G34's slide and looks dumb.
Any other reccomended night sights suitable for HD/CC in a 3-dot configuration that are bright and accurate in both night and day?
>>30528422
Night sights and an X300 Ultra for my G34 are all I want. When I get a different CC gun (likely a Baikal MP443), it'll stay as my bedside gun.
>>
>>30528663
What light / how's it working for ya?
>>
File: GlockLight.jpg (2 MB, 2432x4320) Image search: [Google]
GlockLight.jpg
2 MB, 2432x4320
>>30529011
Yea im not too happy with the TruGlo front sight but its actually holding up pretty well. I cant argue that it kinda looks dumb though. However it is bright as fuck at night.

>>30529035
Viridian X5L

I LOVE the fact that the ambidextrous buttons are a hair recessed so it doesn't key on by accident when holstering and having the button that far back actually over the trigger guard makes it a dream to flick on and off easily.

You twist the front bulb.. assembly(?) and it pops off to access the battery. So thats super easy. However its tight enough that it doesn't get loose on its own.

You wont bring down aircraft with the brightness of the light but its plenty good enough for indoors and the suburb area im in. Also no laser on it because im not that fancy.
>>
>>30528422

So this seems like a good place to ask...

Do they make an aftermarket metal frame? Could you get one 80%'d?
>>
>>30529647
Why would you want to? Also ive never heard of that but im far from an expert on metal Glock frames.
>>
>>30530578

>Why would you want to?
It's heavier but steel will always be more durable than polymer.
>>
>everyone talks about upgrading the firing pin
>gun doesn't have a firing pin, it has a striker

And they say only nogunz buy Glocks, glad to see this thread proves me wrong!
>>
>buying grenades
>>
>>30530953
Granted but honestly it depends on what you are doing with it. Glocks are very heardy even being polymer. I carry a Glock a lot because its lighter thanks to the polymer.

My long term but out bag has a Colt .357 revolver for the opposite reason. Its an insanely reliable and nearly indestructible tool.

So if you are going for EDC a polymer glock is perfect. If you want a long lasting near indestructible pistol get a revolver, 1911 or something built to be tough as shit.

Modding a Glock to be heavier seems like a weird direction to go in. If its the Glocks grip angle that has you wanting that i assure you there are more options.

That being said, its your gun. Do whatever you want with it and love it!
>>
>>30528422
Don't mind me, just over here being a real OG
>>
>>30528422
I replaced the sights with tritiums, replaced the trigger, cerakoted it beige, added a laser, changed teh backplate to a skull with bullets as crossbones, had custom stippling put on the grip, changed the slide spring and guide rod, got extended magazines, put a .357 conversion barrel in it, and then threw the overpriced piece of shit in the garbage and got a Sig because I just wasn't an insufferable faggot yet.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.