[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What route should I go with my N-pap /k/? On one hand I will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: homemadememe.png (1 MB, 1270x604) Image search: [Google]
homemadememe.png
1 MB, 1270x604
What route should I go with my N-pap /k/? On one hand I will save money with the plain rifle, but will be less user friendly than the tacti-COOL rifle. Is it worth it to meme up my rifle?
>>
>>30526820
It's your rifle. Do whatever.
The dick wants what the dick wants.
>>
>>30526820
I am in the same boat...

Im bored of the stock ak so im going to tart mine up.

Magpul stock
Mi handguard with t1
>>
>>30526820
My only gripe with foregrips on AKs is that your grip either hast to be short, or curved so the mags can rock out.

I'm not a puristfag, and if you plan on shooting it a decent amount, make it more enjoyable, however you plan on doing so.
>>
I have sort of tried this with a WASR, I personally haven't liked adding a red dot for the aesthetics. After a while I want to go back, if you want a real tactical AK get an arsenal 5.45. But at that point it's easier to tacticool an AR and for a lot cheaper.

Get some cool wood, maybe redo the finish with some HK duracoat. Bakelites are neat.
>>
Better grip, rail for optic and light, sling is all your AK needs. If you want to push the investment, a better flash hider or compensator is an option.
>>
>>30526820
just get like a side rail red dot, a new muzzle device and maybe a polymer furniture set if you don't like the Yugo wood
>>
>>30526820
I thought about doing a bunch of crazy shit to my AK too, but in the end I decided to save a little and buy a PK-A red dot.

It looks way better than all the tacticool shit and serves the same purpose.
>>
Tbh I'd just buy another AK and have one look like a battlefield pic up and the other practicooled.
If you end up liking one more than the other you can always sell the least liked rifle.
>>
File: 20160707_000643.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160707_000643.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
>>30526820
I went this route with my OPAP. Still trying to figure out what optic I want on it. I'd like to use something russian, but I'm limited with the side rail being different.
>>
>>30526820
There is nothing wrong with modernizing an AK. The question is what do you want to do with your rifle?
>If you only use it for stationary target shooting at the range and never intend to use it for self-defense, then you don't need to modify it at all. The rifle is fine as it is.
>If you want to use it as a primitive combat weapon, you only need to add a sling.
>If you want a home defense weapon you need a light (target identification) and a sling.
>If you want a hunting weapon, you need a scope/red dot of some sort and a sling.
>If you want a modern fighting rifle, adding a red dot sight is good for faster target acquisition, a light will help for target identification, a front grip of some sort will make the rifle easier to maneuver, and a flash hider will help you avoid getting blinded by muzzle flash, etc.

For me, the best combination is an AK rifle, a sling, an Ultimak gas tube, a red dot sight, a tactical light, and a better grip for comfort.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.