[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it wise to have a mounted light on a home defense Glock 19?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: 17616217396438853441066.jpg (51 KB, 800x447) Image search: [Google]
17616217396438853441066.jpg
51 KB, 800x447
Is it wise to have a mounted light on a home defense Glock 19? How many rounds can I shoot with it before the light starts to wear down from the recoil, muzzle blast, etc?

inb4 "pistols are shitty HD guns"
>>
>>30524460
>How many rounds can I shoot with it before the light starts to wear down from the recoil, muzzle blast, etc?

10 clips
>>
>>30524460
If you buy a good light like the one in the picture, you probably won't have any issues past having to wipe the lense after a few hundred rounds.
>>
I've put about 600 rds through my 19 with a tlr -1 mounted. Other than cleaning the carbon off the lens, nary a hiccup.
>>
>>30524460
the light in your pic seems popular

it's a light made for guns, it's probably gonna be fine for a long time. if this is your "in arms reach" HD gun then yeah, deck it out - shoot your way to your rifle or shotgun.

if some dumb unarmed burglar is dicking around in your kitchen with the lights all off, hes probably gonna be outa there if he sees a flashlight let alone the gun. but if he gets away without being shot he may just come back later with his homies and some guns. people are unpredictable, theyre much more predictable with a few holes in them bleeding out in handcuffs on their way to the hospital.
>>
>>30524530
>30524530
>clips
>>
File: 02.jpg (109 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
109 KB, 600x600
>>30524460
>How many rounds can I shoot with it before the light starts to wear down from the recoil, muzzle blast, etc?
By that point you'll have spent enough on ammu that the cost of a new X300U won't bother you. Just clean the accumulated GSR off the lens with a pencil eraser after each range trip and you'll be fine.
>>
My work gun is a Glock 21 with a TLR1 on it. Thousands of rounds through it with no problems. All duty guns should have a light.
>>
>>30524460
theres an important difference between a flash light and a weapons light. the latter is designed for the recoil of a firearms, while the former is not.
buy a quality light and youll be fine. the tlr1, like in your pic are very popular and affordable. surefire is another option with increased durability (and price)
>>
>>30524460
Judging by your concern and need to ask this question, it will last for more rounds than you will ever fire in your life
>>
File: 1461595887878.jpg (34 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1461595887878.jpg
34 KB, 400x400
>>30525838
Thanks, asshole.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.