[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Cali Gun Law Questions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: California-State-Flag2.jpg (89 KB, 1600x1066) Image search: [Google]
California-State-Flag2.jpg
89 KB, 1600x1066
CaliFag Here,
1) I know I can't have 10+ magazines after 1/1/17 anymore but what about 10/30?
2) Will it be legal to bring bullet button weapons into CA after 1/1/17?
3) Is there a new registry for my AR or am I all good if I have it already registered in CA?
>>
>>30522384
Why do you oblige them?
Don't register your weapons and get the fuck out.
>>
>>30522384
Assuming compliance.
1) 10/30 should be fine.
2) No, technically bringing one in you'd have to reg them via form you send to the CA DOJ along with a check for 19$. You could have one that is compliant with the new laws at that time, but the AW registration period that's coming up is strictly for rifles bought or built before 2017 to be registered before 2018.
3) Yes, there's a new registry. Your rifle is registered to you as a normal firearm if bought after 2015(?) but not an AW. Under the new law you'd need to reg it as an AW which is an entirely separate process. Be sure to demand a receipt that it's regged (last time they lost a bunch of records, so many people with "Registered" AWs from the 2000s have no proof that they are) and don't be surprised if they turn up within a year or two at your door with a SWAT team to confiscate it when they inevitably change their mind about gun ownership being legal in general because Gavin Newsom would probably love to put us all into concentration camps and gas us.
>>
>>30524010
Not OP, however I'm curious to know what they're going to do if I just keep the bullet button on it and not say anything. Like, how are they going to know if I put a magazine lock on it or not? They going to check the registration of every ar15 owner and go door to door and make sure they have a magazine lock?
>>
>>30524010

Any word if the new AWs are gonna be like the old Kasler Type 03s where you have to have BB or featureless even though its a registered AW, or can we pull off the BBs and go full features on the new ones?

Also, the rumor is that for each AW you get to register up to five high-caps. True or just BS?
>>
>>30524453
Where did you hear that? Pure BS.
>>
>>30524620

Which part?

Also Kasler style or full AW?
>>
>>30524453
What the fuck is Kasler type?
>>
>>30524426
They would have no way of knowing if you're compliant or not without catching you out in public with it. They don't have the time/money to check every AR ever sold in CA. Newsom will probably try, but active enforcement of any of these laws would be a herculean task. Not to mention astronomically expensive.
>>30524453
Not sure but looking at the wording it doesn't seem to specify any difference between existing RAWs and those that would be registered withing 2017. I reckon you can take the BB off.
I'm not sure, read the law for yourself.

It says nothing about getting to keep preban mags. The people who passed/wrote this aren't that altruistic. They have no reason to compromise.
>>
>>30522384
>Cant
>Legal
>Registry

Why dont you just fucking leave? Go to a new place and make new friends, get a job elsewhere Visit family on occasion, and maybe not sacrafice your rights and freedoms for a bunch of fucking pussies?

Or you could just take a stand, and finally let your balls drop and NOT comply. But then again you're in cali, and would rather get thrown under the bus if they tell you its the right thing to do.

Fuck man, Even hippies durring Vietnam stood up for what they belived in and went to jail to make a point. Fucking liberal ass hippies who all they wanted to do was suck black-panther cock and do drugs have more balls than most of the people in Cali right now!
>>
>>30524746
This is what I'm doing. The ruling came at a great time for me since I was deciding on taking an out of state job.

Thanks Governor Brown!
>>
Does the info the doj gets from when we buy our ar15s just disappear? Why can't they just pull up that shit to auto register everyone
>>
>>30524720
>Not to mention astronomically expensive.
California doesn't care about that shit though.

>It says nothing about getting to keep preban mags
The point was that preban mags owned before the federal assault weapons ban were ay-okay and 30 round mags were already banned. This law is what restricts the lawfully owned preban mags now, which was the point of it.
>>
>>30524644

The Kasler list was the DOJ's retarded attempt to ban lower receivers in general, by making bare AK and AR receivers banned by name/manufacturer, featureless or not. Ones that were banned were put on the "Kasler list", named after Kasler v. Lockyer. Word is that, even if you registered such a receiver during the short period after Kasler listing where you were allowed to, you couldn't put any AW features on it, despite being registered. This was called "Type 03" to distinguish it from the earlier Roberti-Roos and 2000 AW bans, which people called 01 and 02 respectively.

This is all really old stuff, not even a lot of Calgunners remember it.

>>30524720

Can I get a link? I've tried finding it, but wading through DOJ's website to find the exact wording is an exercise in futility sometimes. Or their site is fucked up. Probably both.
>>
>>30524823
I'm pretty sure a registered AW is a registered AW. You can have any number of banned features as long as its a registered AW.
>>
I will not comply.
>>
>>30524839

DOJ did some absolutely crazy shit to try and create different tiers of AWs (even without features) in the early 2000s, like the Kasler list.

At one point one of their agents had a live-fire gunfight with his own desk in the DOJ offices, using a full-auto M4 variant. Those guys are absolutely fucking nuts.
>>
File: 1467525521747.jpg (34 KB, 598x286) Image search: [Google]
1467525521747.jpg
34 KB, 598x286
>>30524887
I'm so glad I'm leaving this state and will no longer need to care about this shit.
>>
I'm thinking about taking my bullet button off because of the new law. How many people do you suppose will be complying at local ranges?
>>
>can't have

Unconstitutional law, is unconstitutional, as the highest law in the land, when something contradicts the constitution, you go with what the constitution says. Fuck those shitheads in Sacramento, state legislatures do not have the power to restrict or deny rights enumerated by the motherfucking constitution of the United States of America.
>>
>>30523680
This OP,
That's what I'm doing after I EAS. California is a beautiful land but the people here are helmet wearing mouth breathers
>>
>>30525426
Depends on the range. The closer you get to the Nevada, Arizona, or Oregon borders, the less likely people will give a shit, and the less likely there are to be undercover DOJ goons at the range.
>>
>>30525479
What about central coast?
>>
>>30525487
>coast

Go directly to prison, do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars. Coast is their territory.
>>
File: file.jpg (227 KB, 1107x1200) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
227 KB, 1107x1200
>>30525487
Its California

Expect to get fucked anywhere and everywhere you go. Enjoy your police state.
>>
>>30524010
what about us who bought them before 2014, I know we the new law did mention the ones made 2001-2016 all need to be registered.

Now all I need to know does CA DOJ have access to my Federal ATF 4473 form.
>>
>>30524010
How does CA DOJ know who has and doesnt have hi cap mags?
>>
>>30524426

If you're going to leave the bullet button on it you might as well take the bullet button off. Both are out of Alec, and you'll get fucked just as hard for one as the other.

Just reach out to Darrin Prince at North County Firearms in Escondido. The BB v2.0 is in spec and comes off easily in the event of SHTF.
>>
>>30528449
Cali Fag here.

Why don't more people just go featureless? The ugly as fuck kydex grip comes off in about a couple seconds with a screwdriver.
>>
Jesus fuck OP, don't REGISTER YOUR FUCKING GUN. Do you want them to come for it later?

Go out and buy as much shit as you can, and since you're going to violating cali law by way of simply having your AR, just take off all the handicaps that the state made you install and put it back to its regular format (besides whatever furniture you have.)

Then bury your shit, and only have a pistol in your possession. Don't tell a god damn soul that you even so much as hid the guns, and especially don't tell anyone you buried them/where they are. This way liberal family members, angry exes, and nosy neighborhoods can't rat your out to the fucking ATF.
>>
>>30528414
They don't. There is absolutely no way to keep track of who has them. Expect widespread non-compliance on this one.
>>
>>30528819
>rat your out to the fucking ATF.

Implying the Feds give a fuck about state gun laws.
>>
>>30528819
>then bury your shit
When it's time to bury them it's time to dig them back up. -Hickock45
>>
>>30529451
I like that
>>
File: 1466320532886.jpg (40 KB, 612x416) Image search: [Google]
1466320532886.jpg
40 KB, 612x416
guise, i have a moral conundrum. Ill be out of ca by summer 2018. Do I serialize and register my new 80% fun just so I dont have to fuck with bb 2.0 bullshit until I leave, or do I do the bb2.0 crap just to be in compliance and stay off anyone's list?

inb4
>BE A MAN AMONG MEN, ASSASSINATE GAVIN NEWSOM
>>
File: 1366241579872.jpg (32 KB, 365x367) Image search: [Google]
1366241579872.jpg
32 KB, 365x367
>>30522384
nigga, go read the actual laws that went into effect and if you have ay other questions go ask a lawyer. No one here is going to give you a straight answer.

NOW GIT /OUT/
>>
>>30528586
instead of cucking my AR, i bought an SKS.

will not comply & will resist even if captured as an "CA enemy of the State."
>>
>>30530742
And fuck Massachusetts and New York both are also more anti-funs than Cali.

>>30530778
You say that now, but you will be arrested by CA DOJ, since they have access to your 4473 form for ARs and AKs purchased between 2001-2013, 4473 form has serial number while DROS doesn't, and then all long guns were registered from 2014-present.
>>
>>30530832
then all they get is name & social number. act like any other P.O.W.
>>
>>30530925
Local PD or Sheriff with CA DOJ guys, will arrest you ass and you go to prison.

So sell them or move away.
Unless you milled a 80% AR or AK (both of which have no 4473 and no DROS records).
>>
>>30530938
fuck off Kamala. arn't you supposed to be Feinstein new house nigger?
>>
>>30529451
Best thing I've ever heard.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.