[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is cerakote any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 02-1911-american.jpg (194 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
02-1911-american.jpg
194 KB, 960x540
Is cerakote any good?
>>
File: S&W_M&P9_VTAC.jpg (245 KB, 901x600) Image search: [Google]
S&W_M&P9_VTAC.jpg
245 KB, 901x600
>>30521097
Yeah. Don't ask me for the science behind it.
>>
Cerakote is a meme. It will fuck with the fit and finish of your gun until you've worn it off all the internal contact points of your gun. Enjoy your jams, failures to feed, and failures to lock back with your operator tier operational FDE cerakote gun.
>>
I have a Canik TP9 pistol and they come with cerakote finish and I must say I really like it alot. Looks much nicer the blueing.
>>
>>30521317
What do you think of that gun? I was thinking of purchasing one myself.
>>
>>30521097
for idiots.
>>
I like it alot. It took the place of my 25 year old Glock 17 as my main home defense weapon. I have the TP9V2 and it has a very nice trigger and 19 rounds. I like the second strike ability with pulling the trigger and not having to rack the slide and the decocker gives a nice safe long pull on the first shot for carrying. Got it from Aim Surplus for 350 shipped free. Comes with 2 18 round mags, mag loader, cleaning tools and even a very nice paddle holster that I use everyday.
>>
File: 1441341208162.jpg (38 KB, 750x597) Image search: [Google]
1441341208162.jpg
38 KB, 750x597
>>30521165
>I cerakoted my fcg and bcg, my gun's not working so good no more! cerakote is dumb!
>>
>>30521165
Meh, not really. It will only fuck up the fit if the gun already has super tight tolerances, like super fucking tight. If I remember correctly, cerakote only adds 0.0005 inches I believe? I know duracote adds much more material. I'd you don't want fit affected then it's pretty easy to tape off contact points before applying it
>>
Bad shit posting by a lot of anons. Ceracoating is very good. You mask off your gun to not get it on your operating parts. Jesus people.
>>
>>30521452
right

Many oems cerakote their shit nowadays.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.