[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Momčilo Gavrić (Serbian Cyrillic: Moмчилo Гaвpић;
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: uJpcqvK[1].jpg (58 KB, 530x640) Image search: [Google]
uJpcqvK[1].jpg
58 KB, 530x640
>Momčilo Gavrić (Serbian Cyrillic: Moмчилo Гaвpић; 1 May 1906 – 28 April 1993) was the youngest soldier in the First World War

>In the beginning of August 1914, Austro-Hungarian soldiers killed his father, mother, grandmother,[2] his three sisters, and four of his brothers.[3][5] His house was also set on fire. Momčilo survived because he was not at home when it happened—his father had sent him to his uncle earlier.[2]
>Left without family and without a home, Momčilo went to find the 6th Artillery Division of the Serbian army, which was near Gučevo at the time.[4] Major Stevan Tucović, brother of Dimitrije Tucović, accepted Gavrić into his unit after hearing about what had happened, and assigned Miloš Mišović, a soldier in the unit, to be Gavrić's caretaker.[3][4] The same evening, he took revenge by showing his unit the location of the Austro-Hungarian soldiers, and participated in the bombardment, as told by his son Branislav Gavrić in an interview.[2]

>At the age of 8, after the Battle of Cer, he was promoted to the rank of kaplar (Corporal) by the commander of his unit, and given a military uniform.[6]

>When his unit was sent to Thessaloniki, Major Tucović sent him to Sorovits where he hastily went through the equivalent of four grades of elementary education.[4]

>In Kajmakčalan, vojvoda Mišić was stunned when he saw a uniformed ten-year-old boy in the trenches. Major Tucović explained the situation to him; that Gavrić had been with them since the Battle of Cer, and that he had both been taught discipline and been wounded during his time in the unit.[2] Mišić promoted Gavrić to podnarednik (Lance Sergeant), and the order was read out to the whole division.[2][4][6]

tl;dr kid's family gets slaughtered and he joins the army at age 8, gets promoted to Lance Sergeant by age 10 in WW1
>>
>>30520861
What a badass. Did he do anything else post war?
>>
>>30520927
Nothing military-related. During his service major in charge of his outfit ordered his fellow solderies to allow him to fire his platoon's cannon at least 3 times every day, as a way to avenge his family.

He had to go through obligatory conscription at age 18 despite his military service.
He was captured and sent to camps twice by the Germans in WW2, also was taken in front of a communist (partisan) firing squad once but he managed to somehow not get shot.

He was imprisoned by state security for openly saying how Albanians are not the brothers of Serbian people like they are claiming to be, was put in jail for two months.
>>
>>30520861
I bet he was only kept around for his tight little hole in reality.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (10 KB, 260x173) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
10 KB, 260x173
>>30520861
You eastern Europeans do all kinds of crazy stuff. First a bear, then a 10 yr old.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wojtek_(bear)
>>
>>30521364
Yeah, I tend to agree.
Militarism and pederasty seem to be linked somehow.
Not that I mind.
>>
>>30520861
Nice story. What is that gun? I'm guessing a custom .22lr carbine?
>>
>>30521439
>>30521364
kys serbians aren't greeks nor are they arab
>>
>>30521405
We are Central Europeyan
>>
>>30522366
No we are not, do not associate us with Western scum.
>>
>>30520861
>Dimitri, the Corporal says to go get him some ice cream
>Tovarich we are in the trenches this is impossible
>Dimitri I told this to him but he does not care, he just started to scream "ice cream ice cream ice cream!" and so here I am
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.